Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals VS Broncos
The fact when we played them last season they held Chase and Tee had 3 catches for 26 yards Burrow only had 157 himself. The lowest point total of last year I recently watched some game film by Bronco fan on you tube to refresh my memory of why we struggled in that game. Surprisingly the line played reasonably well they dropped 7 and 8 quite a bit like we did to the Chiefs. NFL being a copycat league in all we need to prepare for other teams copying this especially with the line improved.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 01:04 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The fact when we played them last season they held Chase and Tee had 3 catches for 26 yards Burrow only had 157 himself. The lowest point total of last year I recently watched some game film by Bronco fan on you tube to refresh my memory of why we struggled in that game. Surprisingly the line played reasonably well they dropped 7 and 8 quite a bit like we did to the Chiefs. NFL being a copycat league in all we need to prepare for other teams copying this especially with the line improved.

Hard for teams to consistently drop 7-8 players against us when we have Mixon and an improved line that by reputation should excel in the run game.
Reply/Quote
It is hard to tell a lot from just one game.

For example, the Bronco's defense shut down the Chiefs offense (267 yds, 1 td) at Kansas City. But when the Chiefs went to Denver they did much better (390 yds, 2 td).

Broncos had the #3 scoring defense last year. Even though it was not pretty, I was glad we made it out of there with a win.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 01:04 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The fact when we played them last season they held Chase and Tee had 3 catches for 26 yards Burrow only had 157 himself. The lowest point total of last year I recently watched some game film by Bronco fan on you tube to refresh my memory of why we struggled in that game. Surprisingly the line played reasonably well they dropped 7 and 8 quite a bit like we did to the Chiefs. NFL being a copycat league in all we need to prepare for other teams copying this especially with the line improved.

I know that if Lou were to get a head coaching job next year that Vic Fangio would probably be Zac Taylor’s first call. The staff has tremendous regard for him.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 08:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I know that if Lou were to get a head coaching job next year that Vic Fangio would probably be Zac Taylor’s first call. The staff has tremendous regard for him.

I think Lou's gonna have to show a lil more to sniff a HC interview. The defense was pretty middle of the pack last year. A vast improvement from flaming garbage the prior two seasons though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are a completely different team to defend now with a majorly improved run blocking O-line now
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 08:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The Bengals are a completely different team to defend now with a majorly improved run blocking O-line now

Yep

If the Oline is even just average I believe it will be a totally new offense.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 08:47 PM)jason Wrote: I think Lou's gonna have to show a lil more to sniff a HC interview. The defense was pretty middle of the pack last year. A vast improvement from flaming garbage the prior two seasons though.

Key word “were” not “when”
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Other teams dropped folks, but didn't have the talent to stay with our guys.

Denver, admittedly, has a very strong defense.  

However, an improved line will make it tougher for their pass rush to get home, and should create a more balanced attack with the running game.  

Denver will be tough, but for some reason I still think the Raiders win that division.  Everyone has them picked to finish last, which I guess I can see given that division.  I don't know.  I really like the Raiders.  
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 08:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Other teams dropped folks, but didn't have the talent to stay with our guys.

Denver, admittedly, has a very strong defense.  

However, an improved line will make it tougher for their pass rush to get home, and should create a more balanced attack with the running game.  

Denver will be tough, but for some reason I still think the Raiders win that division.  Everyone has them picked to finish last, which I guess I can see given that division.  I don't know.  I really like the Raiders.  

Denver had a great defense last year, if they had Wilson last year they would have made the playoffs. We also went into Denver which is never an easy place to play. Denver embarrassed the Chargers last year at home before going into LA a few weeks later and having the reverse happen. You can never underestimate the altitude there and we had a young football team where a lot of them have never played in that sort of environment.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 09:51 AM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Denver had a great defense last year, if they had Wilson last year they would have made the playoffs. We also went into Denver which is never an easy place to play. Denver embarrassed the Chargers last year at home before going into LA a few weeks later and having the reverse happen. You can never underestimate the altitude there and we had a young football team where a lot of them have never played in that sort of environment.

I get it...Denver is a tough out, but they play in a BRUTAL division, and I am not in love with their offensive weapons, either.  Russ is a heck of a QB, but he also had a dominant run game when he was slaying in Seattle (sounds like a movie?).  

I look at the Raider's offensive weapons and they have elite talent at slot WR, outside WR, TE, RB, and I think Carr is a really good QB.  I have NO IDEA what to expect of their head coach, but for some reason I think the Raiders are the top of the AFC West.  We shall see...
Reply/Quote
The Broncos were one of the top defenses in the league last year. They gave most teams a hard time, not just the Bengals. Teams will only be able to copy them as much as they have the correct personnel in the correct positions, which isn’t many teams.

Also, I expect this team to have an even better offense. I don’t have much worry about many teams being able to shut them down.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 03:31 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I get it...Denver is a tough out, but they play in a BRUTAL division, and I am not in love with their offensive weapons, either.  Russ is a heck of a QB, but he also had a dominant run game when he was slaying in Seattle (sounds like a movie?).  

I look at the Raider's offensive weapons and they have elite talent at slot WR, outside WR, TE, RB, and I think Carr is a really good QB.  I have NO IDEA what to expect of their head coach, but for some reason I think the Raiders are the top of the AFC West.  We shall see...

It's gonna be hard to love any weapons that have had Drew Lock and Bridgewater as QBs... I think they may surprise you this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
There aren’t many other teams in the league with the secondary the Broncos have, especially since Patrick Surtain ll is a rookie. One of the teams I actually worry about if they can create a better pass rush. Think Chubb has been a bust.
Reply/Quote
The Broncos had a very good secondary and they were playing to keep everything underneath. The defense had their offense under control so once the Bengals had the lead there was no reason to take a lot of chances throwing into coverage. Even more so once Bridgewater went out.

A better Oline and run game with more contributions in the passing game from backs and TEs should improve the margins. Evans only saw six snaps with zero targets. I think he has more to contribute.
Reply/Quote