Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals WILL Be In First Place Before They Play Again
Steelers will lose at Baltimore and Bengals will move back into First. Bengals will also get many injured players back in the 2 weeks and Bengals will be ready to get at it the second half of season.

As for today's win over Tampa, I said I would take any kind of a win. That was any kind of a win. I'll point out Bengals are now 2-1 against NFC South, with chance to go 3-1 on season. A good record against NFC always helps if you are dreaming play-offs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I hope so. A win over the saints would be a big confidence booster.
Reply/Quote
Saints are destroying the Vikings.
Reply/Quote
Magic 8 ball says Saints=Kansas City
Reply/Quote
The Bengals "Defense" and when I say defense i use the word lightly. Will get LIT up by Drew Brees
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:07 AM)bengals73 Wrote: The Bengals "Defense" and when I say defense i use the word lightly. Will get LIT up by Drew Brees

And their 1 loss came to TB. Go figure lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Marvin cannot win in PT he is 9-32.

Nine and Thirty Two.

Reply/Quote
Ravens aren’t beating the Steelers twice lol
Reply/Quote
Man i hope thats the case,i hate the steelers so bad they deserve nothing
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 11:43 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Saints are destroying the Vikings.

Vikings destroyed themselves...simply awful turnovers.  
Reply/Quote
Somehow this turned into a Sunday Night Football thread about Saints / Vikings Game. Bengals have a bye week. I'm saying before Bengals ever play Saints they will be back in First Place during the bye week when Steelers lose at Baltimore. Somebody said Baltimore isn't beating Steelers twice and added a lol. I say game is in Baltimore and if Baltimore can beat them once, they can beat them twice, especially in Baltimore and now I'll add an lol. So without even playing next week, Bengals will move back into FIRST PLACE.

Also with being the FIRST PLACE Bengals again, they will get many needed injured players back during the 2 weeks before Saints in The Jungle game. The Bengals will be a lot better team getting Price, Boling, Bernard, Ross, Burfict, Kroft back. They may not get all of them back over the 2 weeks, but a lot of them.

So those are two definite's . Steelers will lose at Baltimore bumping Bengals back into FIRST PLACE, and Bengals will get healthy getting key injured players back.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:01 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Magic 8 ball says Saints=Kansas City

Hoping it is freezing cold...and maybe wet...to keep them under 900 yards of offense.  

Marv would come out playing to kill the clock in our first possession, like KC, to...you know....minimize the damage.  I seriously can't stand his dumb ass.  He's Jeff Fisher, and like the Rams, this team could take off with an innovative coach.  
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 08:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hoping it is freezing cold...and maybe wet...to keep them under 900 yards of offense.  

Marv would come out playing to kill the clock in our first possession, like KC, to...you know....minimize the damage.  I seriously can't stand his dumb ass.  He's Jeff Fisher, and like the Rams, this team could take off with an innovative coach.  

I would bet it won't be Saints / Chiefs Super Bowl.  You people take those 2 teams and I'll gladly take the other 30 teams.  When Bengals were 8-0 Dalton got injured in 2015.  Saints & Chiefs could pick up injuries with half a season left to play.  Plus, in NFC Rams and Panthers playing tough and Eagles waking up. Nobody has won anything yet.  I want the 30 other teams because they include my Bengals about to get players back and healthy. 5-3 Bengals will be tough with key players back.  

I agree with you on the cold weather. I hope it is cold when Saints come to The Jungle. Southern teams and Dome teams don't like cold weather. Advantage Bengals. Plus I'm counting on Jungle Fan Noise when Who Dey meets Who Dat. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 08:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hoping it is freezing cold...and maybe wet...to keep them under 900 yards of offense.  

I am not even a Marvin "hater", I like Marvin and think he is a hell of a coach.

WTS, I wholeheartedly agree with this.  We have too much talent on this team for the performances we are getting.

We need a Sean McVay or Sean Payton to come in here and make schemes that play to the strengths of our players.  I was hoping for McDaniels last year when we had a sliver of hope in Marvin leaving, but of course not only did Marvin stay, McDaniels seems to have worked out a deal with the Patriots to replace Bill when he decides to leave or retire.

On the part of Bill leaving.... I KNOW this is completely wishful thinking, however I have seen something on NFL last year, that said that Bill was potentially leaving the Pats and was interested in coaching the Giants when his contract was up.  So if he does leave, and NY for whatever reason decides to not bring him in, I would love to see the Bengals make an offer.  Just the offer, not have him sign here or anything, though that would be great, but an offer.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping so but the Steelers seem to have found their stride for this season.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 08:44 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: I am not even a Marvin "hater", I like Marvin and think he is a hell of a coach.

WTS, I wholeheartedly agree with this.  We have too much talent on this team for the performances we are getting.

We need a Sean McVay or Sean Payton to come in here and make schemes that play to the strengths of our players.  I was hoping for McDaniels last year when we had a sliver of hope in Marvin leaving, but of course not only did Marvin stay, McDaniels seems to have worked out a deal with the Patriots to replace Bill when he decides to leave or retire.

On the part of Bill leaving.... I KNOW this is completely wishful thinking, however I have seen something on NFL last year, that said that Bill was potentially leaving the Pats and was interested in coaching the Giants when his contract was up.  So if he does leave, and NY for whatever reason decides to not bring him in, I would love to see the Bengals make an offer.  Just the offer, not have him sign here or anything, though that would be great, but an offer.

There is no problem with hope, but this has zero chance of happening here.  Bill B. would want complete control and he would never get it here.  

While I disagree completely about your statement about Marvin being a great coach, I do believe he is fantastic in terms of talent evaluation.  That is about it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 09:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: There is no problem with hope, but this has zero chance of happening here.  Bill B. would want complete control and he would never get it here.  

While I disagree completely about your statement about Marvin being a great coach, I do believe he is fantastic in terms of talent evaluation.  That is about it. 

Marvin would be a tremendous GM.... Had I won the Megamillions, my plan was to buy the Bengals from the Browns and make some changes.... but alas.... someone else won it who probably isn't even a Bengals fan....
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 09:32 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I'm hoping so but the Steelers seem to have found their stride for this season.

Really???

They beat the Falcolns at home, Bengals at home[PBS is their 2nd home] and Browns at home.

Stride my arse.  Whatever
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:07 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Really???

They beat the Falcolns at home, Bengals at home[PBS is their 2nd home] and Browns at home.

Stride my arse.  Whatever

Baltimore D is better than Steelers D.  The game is in Baltimore where THEY DEFEND THEIR HOUSE.   They beat Steelers once, they can do it again.  Bengals will be back in First Place bye week Sunday, which is pretty cool, First Place Bengals. 

I GUARANTEE Ravens win putting Bengals back in First Place. I hear TV announcers GUARANTEE victories. I never know what that means, since they still have their TV jobs if they are wrong. So since I have no TV job to even lose, why NOT say that I GUARANTEE a Ravens win over Steelers putting Bengals back in First Place.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote