Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals WILL Win Sunday and Here’s Why…
All week I been seeing posted stats about the pros and cons for and against our great Bengals this Sunday. Great information for all of us and thank you for that effort I appreciate it.

However, there is element these stats don’t capture. It is the strong desire to win. I haven’t seen anyone in the sports I watch have it in my lifetime other than Michael Jordan, Derek Jeter and Tom Brady.

It could be argued these guys had a great supporting case. I say these guys elevated those guys.

We Bengals fans are witnessing the next generation of greatness with Burrow. We have Joey B and none of these damn teams with their QB’s come close.

Folks…..we are at the beginning of a generational story. Sit back and let’s enjoy the ride. Bengals Rule!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Joe has the clutch gene. I think we win the AFC because of it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
it is a huge uphill battle. The Bills have a great team. The three games they lost have been by 3 points, 3 points, and 2 points, and two were somewhat freak losses. They beat KC at KC, crushed the Rams and Titans by 3 TD and more. They have the second best scoring defense in the league, which is not a fluke because they were 1st in that area last year. They are healthier than the Bengals and they are playing at home. They're hungry.

I'm optimistic because the Bengals pulled the game off in KC last year. But this is a game that looks like it will come down to the wire and be anyone's game.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 04:47 PM)Nepa Wrote: it is a huge uphill battle. The Bills have a great team. The three games they lost have been by 3 points, 3 points, and 2 points, and two were somewhat freak losses. They beat KC at KC, crushed the Rams and Titans by 3 TD and more. They have the second best scoring defense in the league, which is not a fluke because they were 1st in that area last year. They are healthier than the Bengals and they are playing at home. They're hungry.

I'm optimistic because the Bengals pulled the game off in KC last year. But this is a game that looks like it will come down to the wire and be anyone's game.

They don’t have Joey B! Enough said

Reply/Quote
I wore my Bengals "Big B" hoodie yesterday. Undefeated when I do that every Friday. Did my part.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
There's little doubt Joe Burrow has "it". We're just at the beginning of what should be a hell of a fun ride.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 05:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There's little doubt Joe Burrow has "it". We're just at the beginning of what should be a hell of a fun ride.

Yeah….after decades of humiliation, the Lost Decade, wasted draft picks, David Shula, Akili Smith, unsavory free agent pick ups, being the butt of late night comedian jokes…..yeah WE as lifelong fans deserve this! This is our reward for preserving this those dark times. There is no other team I put so much effort rooting for and took crap from people about. Man…it is good to be a Bengals fan now!

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 05:12 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Yeah….after decades of humiliation, the Lost Decade, wasted draft picks, David Shula, Akili Smith, unsavory free agent pick ups, being the butt of late night comedian jokes…..yeah WE as lifelong fans deserve this!  This is our reward for preserving this those dark times.  There is no other team I put so much effort rooting for and took crap from people about.   Man…it is good to be a Bengals fan now!

Yep

I remember having a Bengals T-shirt on years ago and seeing the little smirks and laughs and pointing. I believe those days are behind us.
Reply/Quote
It is awesome for people who don’t live in Cincinnati when we see other fans wearing Bengals gear. You greet each other with a who Dey, then smile because we know there is something special about this team and Joey B. We are connected.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 05:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

I remember having a Bengals T-shirt on years ago and seeing the little smirks and laughs and pointing. I believe those days are behind us.

I saw very few folks wearing anything bengals related up here years ago.  Now I see it nearly on a daily basis and thats saying something considering this town is die hard browns
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 04:17 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: All week I been seeing posted stats about the pros and cons for and against our great Bengals this Sunday.  Great information for all of us and thank you for that effort I appreciate it.

However, there is element these stats don’t capture.  It is the strong desire to win.  I haven’t seen anyone in the sports I watch have it in my lifetime other than Michael Jordan, Derek Jeter and Tom Brady.

It could be argued these guys had a great supporting case.  I say these guys elevated those guys.

We Bengals fans are witnessing the next generation of greatness with Burrow.  We have Joey B and none of these damn teams with their QB’s come close.  

Folks…..we are at the beginning of a generational story.  Sit back and let’s enjoy the ride.  Bengals Rule!

I agree with your assessment about Burrow but I also agree that applies to Mahomes and Allen... all three young QBs have that desire, Ive seen incredible pressure packed wins by all three.... i think the difference right now actually is we have a better supporting cast and a better defense, that is what gives us the edge over both KC and Buffalo
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 06:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree with your assessment about Burrow but I also agree that applies to Mahomes and Allen... all three young QBs have that desire, Ive seen incredible pressure packed wins by all three.... i think the difference right now actually is we have a better supporting cast and a better defense, that is what gives us the edge over both KC and Buffalo

Who Dey….

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 06:56 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Who Dey….

Yes Sir, lets get the win tomorrow and beat KC again next week...
Reply/Quote
I think we win...

But, honestly the defense has outplayed the offense in our 5 playoff games over the past 2 seasons.

Last week, the offense stalled in the 2nd half. One TD drive and that game is over for us. Instead the Ravens get to the 1 and then defense makes a huge play. If that doesn't happen, we're down 7 with a sputtering offense.

Burrow is a great QB, but he hasn't been great in the playoffs to this point. He's not carrying the team. The defense is.

Not trying to be critical. I think Joe can become an elite playoff QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 09:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think we win...

But, honestly the defense has outplayed the offense in our 5 playoff games over the past 2 seasons.

Last week, the offense stalled in the 2nd half. One TD drive and that game is over for us. Instead the Ravens get to the 1 and then defense makes a huge play. If that doesn't happen, we're down 7 with a sputtering offense.

Burrow is a great QB, but he hasn't been great in the playoffs to this point. He's not carrying the team. The defense is.

Not trying to be critical. I think Joe can become an elite playoff QB.

Burrow has been dealt a bad hand in the playoffs, when competition is the highest. That said, It’s time…. Or should I say overdue, for a complete team game starting with our O.
Reply/Quote
31-20 Cats
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47n121dpbs2uu54opq7k...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
The strong desire isn’t enough of you don’t have the arm talent or IQ

Burrow has it all
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 05:58 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I saw very few folks wearing anything bengals related up here years ago.  Now I see it nearly on a daily basis and thats saying something considering this town is die hard browns

I am also from the Cleveland area. The number of Bengal fans have drastically increased over the past years due to the futility and ineptness of the Browns organization. People want to root for a winner. The Browns are not.

Reply/Quote
I really hope the offense plays like we know they can. We may need Chase to make a couple of the plays we know he can. Although I hope we're not forcing it to him hopefully we can spread the ball around including the run. I think if we win it will be because of this defense again.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure the NFL would prefer the bengals win, they would LOVE for the chiefs to win it and even things out vs us.
Reply/Quote