Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals WR Tyler Boyd frustrated with lack of targets
CINCINNATI -- Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd wasn't bashful about voicing his frustration after the least productive outing of his career.

Boyd had only one catch for zero yards in the Bengals' 17-10 loss at Oakland, Cincinnati's 10th defeat in as many games this season. The fourth-year receiver was targeted a mere three times, his fewest amount since 2017.

For full article:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28109916/bengals-wr-tyler-boyd-frustrated-lack-targets

This was my favorite part. It illustrates the fact that the coaches are wishy washy...and there is a lack of accountability. Yeah...it's a great read on 4th and 4 to throw deep to an UDFA who's double-covered when a guy is wide-open!

Boyd, who signed a new four-year, $43 million deal this offseason, was specifically frustrated about not getting the ball on a fourth-and-4 at Oakland's 27-yard line. Finley opted to throw to rookie Damion Willis, who was double-covered in the end zone. The pass was incomplete.

Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan said it wasn't a bad read by Finley, who was 13-of-31 passing for 115 yards and an interception. However, Callahan also conceded Boyd was open.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 09:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This was my favorite part:

Boyd, who signed a new four-year, $43 million deal this offseason, was specifically frustrated about not getting the ball on a fourth-and-4 at Oakland's 27-yard line. Finley opted to throw to rookie Damion Willis, who was double-covered in the end zone. The pass was incomplete.

Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan said it wasn't a bad read by Finley, who was 13-of-31 passing for 115 yards and an interception. However, Callahan also conceded Boyd was open.

Hilarious

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm actually surprised to hear this out of Boyd, I thought I'd hear this out of Joseph Mixon games and games ago.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 09:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hilarious

Indeed. What a joke of a staff. Double-covered rookie UDFA WR deep or best receiver wide-open.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 09:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I'm actually surprised to hear this out of Boyd, I thought I'd hear this out of Joseph Mixon games and games ago.

You're going to see players who don't complain become disgruntled is my guess.

Lets just see if AJ Green comes back this year too.
Reply/Quote
Can't blame him. What's the point of paying the guy if you aren't gonna throw to him?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 09:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You're going to see players who don't complain become disgruntled is my guess.

Lets just see if AJ Green comes back this year too.

I don't believe anything AJ Green says. I don't believe he is injured anymore. I don't believe he'll play this season. I don't believe there's any chance he's in a Bengals uniform after this year. All things he has said. It's sad that he has to lie. 

I do like that Boyd is angry. Mad at play calling. Mad at players, etc. Wondering why it took 10 losses in a row for someone to come out.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 09:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I don't believe anything AJ Green says. I don't believe he is injured anymore. I don't believe he'll play this season. I don't believe there's any chance he's in a Bengals uniform after this year. All things he has said. It's sad that he has to lie. 

I do like that Boyd is angry. Mad at play calling. Mad at players, etc. Wondering why it took 10 losses in a row for someone to come out.

Cutting Andy Dalton down to backup quarterback behind rookie fourth round pick Finley didn’t sit well with Green,regardless of what he may say.He and Andy have been together for a long time.They are good friends.Might even have an impact on his return to this team.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 09:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: CINCINNATI -- Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd wasn't bashful about voicing his frustration after the least productive outing of his career.

Boyd had only one catch for zero yards in the Bengals' 17-10 loss at Oakland, Cincinnati's 10th defeat in as many games this season. The fourth-year receiver was targeted a mere three times, his fewest amount since 2017.

For full article:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28109916/bengals-wr-tyler-boyd-frustrated-lack-targets

This was my favorite part. It illustrates the fact that the coaches are wishy washy...and there is a lack of accountability. Yeah...it's a great read on 4th and 4 to throw deep to an UDFA who's double-covered when a guy is wide-open!

Is Brain Callahan the Yoda of offensive coordinators? “There is only read. Or read not.” WTF is a bad read?
Reply/Quote
Is this the same Boyd that said we could/should have the best offense in the league this year?
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 10:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is this the same Boyd that said we could/should have the best offense in the league this year?

Indeed. I wonder if Joe Burrow would know that the right read is to throw into double-coverage and not to the open WR?

Maybe we need a bad QB to know where to throw the ball in this offense?
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 10:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed. I wonder if Joe Burrow would know that the right read is to throw into double-coverage and not to the open WR?

If we change nothing and draft Joe Burrow I would suggest he pull a John Elway.
Reply/Quote
More Boyd and Eifert, less Erickson.
Reply/Quote
On fourth and four that wasn’t a bad read? I give up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Tiger
Don't get me wrong, I like Boyd. 2 things though:

1. Let's count how many drops Boyd had Sunday. 2-3?? Can't ***** until you start catching the ball. Everything isn't going to be in your chest, in stride with 0 defenders around. ( to Boyd's credit though, I thought Raiders defenders were getting there a little early a lot )

2. When you're a starter and they put the 2nd QB in, he's going to be real comfortable throwing to the guys he threw to in practice. (Granted Finley has been the starter for 2 weeks. He's been throwing to the 2 and 3 receivers all through camp and 8 weeks of the season)

Keep your head up Tyler, it can only get better...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 09:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: CINCINNATI -- Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd wasn't bashful about voicing his frustration after the least productive outing of his career.

For full article:

here comes are 33% passer to save the day..
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 10:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed. I wonder if Joe Burrow would know that the right read is to throw into double-coverage and not to the open WR?

I would trade the 1st overall pick for a Coach with a Clue.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 12:14 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Keep your head up Tyler, it can only get better...

I feel like we were saying that after 2018, and here we are.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 12:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I feel like we were saying that after 2018, and here we are.

From 0 wins...it can only get statistically better I suppose.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 12:23 PM)Nately10 Wrote: Tiger
I feel like we were saying that after 2018, and here we are.

Tiger Touche... Cool  
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote