Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Week 6 Injury Report: Holy Crap

I'm not saying I was expecting a Bengals win anyway, but no Dunlap, no Glasgow, Williams questionable... the Ravens are going to run for 300+ yards.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 02:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

I'm not saying I was expecting a Bengals win anyway, but no Dunlap, no Glasgow, Williams questionable... the Ravens are going to run for 300+ yards.

Also saw these stats earlier from PFF:

--- The Bengals are allowing a 120.8 passer rating (29th) & 15.3 yds/rec (32nd) to TEs this year.

---Lamar Jackson’s targeted TEs on 38.9% of his attempts(1st)

Could be a very long day for the Bengals defense. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Sunday is going to be a lot of fun!
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Also saw these stats earlier from PFF:

--- The Bengals are allowing a 120.8 passer rating (29th) & 15.3 yds/rec (32nd) to TEs this year.

---Lamar Jackson’s targeted TEs on 38.9% of his attempts(1st)

Could be a very long day for the Bengals defense.  Mellow

Looks like I need to do a little add/drop at the TE position this week!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 02:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

The Ravens to the Bengals...
Quote:WHAT'CHA GONNA DO, BROTHER? WHAT'CHA GONNA DO WHEN THE RAVENS RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!
[Image: Hulk-Hogan-WWE-Crown-Jewel-645x370.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Looks like I need to do a little add/drop at the TE position this week!

Going to be doing a lot of that myself watching this team. Add Jack Daniel's, Drop to the floor. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I'm actually interested in seeing how some of these young guys on defense play like Wilson, Pratt, and Andrew Brown. Should be a good test for them.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Carlos looked like he came up lame at the end of the Buffalo game. He was out there moving in slow motion trying to gut it out. I think this was coming down the pipe sooner than later.

I'm starting to wonder if Cordy Glenn will play another game. Like ever. Missing this amount of time for a head injury seems a bit alarming.

It's what it is. Maybe they'll surprise us, get a few good breaks and play a good game.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:09 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I'm actually interested in seeing how some of these young guys on defense play like Wilson, Pratt,  and Andrew Brown. Should be a good test for them.

Who else is ready for Preseason Game 5?!?!  :andy:
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Looks like I need to do a little add/drop at the TE position this week!

If Mark Andrews is still available in your league, I question the quality of your league lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:10 PM)samhain Wrote: Carlos looked like he came up lame at the end of the Buffalo game.  He was out there moving in slow motion trying to gut it out.  I think this was coming down the pipe sooner than later.  

I'm starting to wonder if Cordy Glenn will play another game
.  Like ever.  Missing this amount of time for a head injury seems a bit alarming.

It's what it is.  Maybe they'll surprise us, get a few good breaks and play a good game.

He shouldn't. If you've had previous concussions, and then you get a concussion that's put you out of commission for over 50 days, you should call it a career.

I thought Burfict should have walked away after the dirty JuJu hit that ended his season.

At some point continuing just can't be worth it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yikes that leaves who at end? Hubbard Lawson and Brown?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Who else is ready for Preseason Game 5?!?!  :andy:

Aren't they all preseason games at this point?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He shouldn't. If you've had previous concussions, and then you get a concussion that's put you out of commission for over 50 days, you should call it a career.

I thought Burfict should have walked away after the dirty JuJu hit that ended his season.

At some point continuing just can't be worth it.

You wouldn't think so, but I suppose multi-million dollar deals to play ball vs retirement at 30 and uncertainty could be a tough call for a young man to make.  This would especially be the case if you weren't financially prepared for life after football.  They only have so much time to ply their trade.  

As for Vontaze, he just seems like a guy that was born to play football at 100mph or do nothing.  He lives for the violence of the game that is no longer acceptable.  He'll go out there as long as a team is willing to pay him any amount of money or until they toss him for good.  I worry about him when his career ends.  It's kind of tragic, really.  In many ways, he's the living embodiment of what you want a player to be, just with one fatal flaw that always gets him in the end.
Reply/Quote
Dunlap being out really hurts us no question.

If we get walloped and Dalton has another game of panicking I go with Finley against the Jags.

Need to see some pocket awareness and Finley shown this in college and PS.

The writing is on the wall with Dalton in this aspect.

Look at Brady last night, mishandled snap, calmly picks up the ball and hits his man fearlessly.

Never seen Dalton do this, he just panics and falls on it.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He shouldn't. If you've had previous concussions, and then you get a concussion that's put you out of commission for over 50 days, you should call it a career.

That is the way I would see it if I was Glenn.

And when Fred Toast agrees with TheLeonardLeap that is a pretty strong statement.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dunlap being out really hurts us no question.

If we get walloped and Dalton has another game of panicking I go with Finley against the Jags.

Need to see some pocket awareness and Finley shown this in college and PS.

The writing is on the wall with Dalton in this aspect.

Look at Brady last night, mishandled snap, calmly picks up the ball and hits his man fearlessly.

Never seen Dalton do this, he just panics and falls on it.

Dalton did it against the JETS in the opener a couple years ago.

But yes, slam him for not being able to grab a mishandled snap off the ground and make a play all less than 2 seconds.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:10 PM)samhain Wrote: Carlos looked like he came up lame at the end of the Buffalo game.  He was out there moving in slow motion trying to gut it out.  I think this was coming down the pipe sooner than later.  

I'm starting to wonder if Cordy Glenn will play another game.  Like ever.  Missing this amount of time for a head injury seems a bit alarming.

It's what it is.  Maybe they'll surprise us, get a few good breaks and play a good game.
I'm pretty sure that would be a bit more than just merely surprising. I think the entire equator would be completely blanketed with snow and ice with the north and south poles on fire at the same time. But don't let my eternal optimism about the Bengals ultimate success bring you down.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm gonna be drunk before halftime.

Reply/Quote
Dontcha just love the hype from Bengals.com telling us how they're right on the verge of championship caliber football and any second the entire team will suddenly become the juggernaut we've been expecting all along? 
Now don't tell me you don't quite buy it.  Of course we all buy into it.. Right?  Right? RIGHT? 

No? Well I am for one simply agast at the level of disbelief.. Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote