Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Were At FSU Pro Day: Talked To D James
I wanted Derwin James all-along and it sounded like other people were interested as well, but I haven't heard much lately, which is strange to me considering that we solved at least our left tackle problems.

Anyways, I haven't seen it mentioned, but Teryl Austin went to FSU's pro day and talked to Derwin James.

Burney was also there looking at Nnadi, and, since our trade, it's wishful thinking that he falls to 21, but would you take him there if he did? He can be a playmaker at safety that we've been missing and make plays all over the field, so I absolutely would take him if he falls to 21.

That is, of course, assuming that there's not two centers taken before 21 (or maybe even one) because that's our biggest hole, but would you take James at 21 if he falls or do we need to take a guard and center (not necessarily in that order) in the first and second rounds?
Reply/Quote
I only want center and oline with the first two picks, as they stand now anyway. Bigger needs first.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
He was just wishing James well with his new team
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
James is out of our reach now, but FSU has a DT, WR, TE, CB, DE, OT and a couple of LB’s we might be interested in in the mid to late round areas.

Derrick Nnadi
Auden Tate
Ryan Izzo
Tavares McFadden
Josh Sweat
Rick Leonard
Matthew Thomas
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 09:32 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: James is out of our reach now, but FSU has a DT, WR, TE, CB, DE, OT and a couple of LB’s we might be interested in in the mid to late round areas.

Derrick Nnadi
Auden Tate
Ryan Izzo
Tavares McFadden
Josh Sweat
Rick Leonard
Matthew Thomas

Really like the Nnadi kid.   Just stuffs the run, sheds well, and many "experts" think he has the potential to develop as a penetrator.   Love to have him in the 3rd round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I want Price or Ragnow at 21 now no matter what. Sounds like neither will last to 46 like i thought they would before after
Price looking to be ready by Training Camp and Ragnow having a great Pro-Day which lots did not expect.

If we took Derwin James at 21 and traded up to get one of Price or Ragnow i would be really happy though.
Reply/Quote