Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Who Will Be Free Agents After Season
It is summer and the time to look at re-signing key players before season, since Brown Family believes season is for playing the game, not contracts.

AJ McCarron -QB half a mil
Jeremy Hill - RB 1 mil
Cedric Peerman -RB 1 mil
Tyler Eifert - TE 5 mil
Andre Smith - OL 3 mil
Russell Bodine - OL 2 mil
Eric Winston - OL half a mil

Wallace Gilberry -DL 1 mil
Pat Sims-DL 1 mil
Will Clarke - DL 1 mil
Brandon Thompson -DL 1 mil
Chris Smith - DL half a mil
Vontaze Burfict -LB 5 mil
Kevin Minter - LB 4 mil
Marguis Flowers - LB 1 mil
Bene Benwikere -DB half a mil
Kevin Huber - P 3 mil
Clark Harris - LS 1 mil

So in terms on money being paid now, do you add by subtraction with these players per most money

Eifert
Burfict
Minter
Smith
Huber
Bodine

Should Bengals re-sign any of these players and keep them off free agency ???......You be the judge.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
A little early for speculation, as there is a good chance that some of those guys won't make the roster this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2017, 12:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A little early for speculation, as there is a good chance that some of those guys won't make the roster this year.
AH, but my point is that once preseason and especially regular season starts, Mike Brown and Family STOP CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS during season.....So end of June and early July is indeed the time to ask if there is anybody in this list that you feel we must have back in 2018.  Player or Players YOU FEEL losing in Free Agency would be taking us farther away from Play-Off WINS. ....It is NOT TOO EARLY because IF they are not signed next 2 months, The Brown Family feels regular season is time for football, not contracts and show me the money agents, so NOW IS TIME. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'd look to lock up Burfict first, then Eifert. All the other guys I'd wait to see if they can actually produce/improve.

If you're wondering why Burfict over Eifert, I feel that Burfict has been more consistently productive. Burfict has had three seasons of 100+ tackles, and he's played in 21 more games than Eifert while being in the league one year longer. Eifert has only had one season over 500 receiving yards, 50 receptions, 5 TDs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2017, 04:05 AM)kevin Wrote: It is summer and the time to look at re-signing key players before season, since Brown Family believes season is for playing the game, not contracts.

AJ McCarron -QB   half a mil
Jeremy Hill - RB     1 mil
Cedric Peerman -RB   1 mil
Tyler Eifert - TE    5 mil
Andre Smith - OL    3 mil
Russell Bodine - OL  2 mil
Eric Winston - OL  half a mil

Wallace Gilberry -DL  1 mil
Pat Sims-DL   1 mil
Will Clarke - DL   1 mil
Brandon Thompson -DL   1 mil
Chris Smith - DL    half a mil
Vontaze Burfict -LB   5 mil
Kevin Minter - LB   4 mil
Marguis Flowers - LB   1 mil
Bene Benwikere -DB  half a mil
Kevin Huber - P   3 mil
Clark Harris - LS   1 mil

So in terms on money being paid now, do you add by subtraction with these players per most money

Eifert
Burfict
Minter
Smith
Huber
Bodine

Should Bengals re-sign any of these players and keep them off free agency ???......You be the judge.

Very unlikely we resign McCarron unless he ends up a RFA due to being inactive his whole first season.

Burfict they are already in talks with
Eifert you gotta roll the dice and maybe tag after the season
Minter  we don't know how well he fits but if he does they probly offer a contract

Smith is a rental (probly both of them)
Huber and Harris can easily be retained

Bodine will depend on if he improves/who is available to replace him.

Wintson and Peerman probly go or get 1 year deals

Brandon Thompson -DL   1 mil   Probly a keep if he improves and plays more this season.

Sims probly gone
Clarke could improve and they drop MJ
Reply/Quote