Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals Wins Are Paying Extra Bonus In Standings
I know Raiders beat the Browns and Chiefs beat the Steelers......and that Bengals win over Seattle, I don't look for any other team in the AFC North to beat Seattle. Bengals will gain a game on all 3 teams over the Seattle win. ....and the Bengals are 3 games ahead of Steelers, so that means Steelers are NOT in control of their own destiny and will need outside help to catch the Bengals....and Steelers are going to take a loss at Seattle November 29th........The Bengals have beat teams that other AFC North teams have lost to, and that is a huge extra bonus in the standings.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 10:32 AM)kevin Wrote: I know Raiders beat the Browns and Chiefs beat the Steelers......and that Bengals win over Seattle, I don't look for any other team in the AFC North to beat Seattle. Bengals will gain a game on all 3 teams over the Seattle win. ....and the Bengals are 3 games ahead of Steelers, so that means Steelers are NOT in control of their own destiny and will need outside help to catch the Bengals....and Steelers are going to take a loss at Seattle November 29th........The Bengals have beat teams that other AFC North teams have lost to, and that is a huge extra bonus in the standings.

If the Panthers offense could beat Seattle at home, no reason to think the Steelers offense can't.  
Reply/Quote
first tie breaker is head to head games, second is division record, third is common opponant. The Steelers haven beaten the Rams, 49ers and Cards so we will have to win those. But more importantly, we both still have the Broncos, both Browns games, 1 Balt and of course 2 with each other. Yes, the Steelers will need help even if they beat us twice because of their Baltimore and Chiefs loss. But the bengals just need to worryy about themselves and keep winning. .

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't sleep on the Steelers offense, and who they are capable of beating with Big Ben back. We'll know more a week from today as it relates to how close we are to locking the division up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Tons of football to be played. Bengals can't afford a letdown, especially after their first loss. They can't let one loss turn into two or three. They play .500 football the rest of the way, they'll win the division more than likely.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 11:06 AM)jj22 Wrote: I wouldn't sleep on the Steelers offense, and who they are capable of beating with Big Ben back. We'll know more a week from today as it relates to how close we are to locking the division up.

If Melonhead thought he was sore before....

Five sacks this Sunday for the Bengals' D against a gimpy, rusty Melonhead. You heard it here first.
Reply/Quote
I never thought a Landry Jones/Mike Vick Steelers team beats Arizona...and I never thought a Jamaal Charles/Jeremy Maclin-less Chiefs team beats Pittsburgh.

It's the NFL. Anything can happen.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 01:05 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I never thought a Landry Jones/Mike Vick Steelers team beats Arizona...and I never thought a Jamaal Charles/Jeremy Maclin-less Chiefs team beats Pittsburgh.

It's the NFL.  Anything can happen.

True, true, true...
Reply/Quote
The AFC wins are nice to have esp if we finish with the same record as the Cheaters I mean Patriots.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 10:32 AM)kevin Wrote: I know Raiders beat the Browns and Chiefs beat the Steelers......and that Bengals win over Seattle, I don't look for any other team in the AFC North to beat Seattle. Bengals will gain a game on all 3 teams over the Seattle win. ....and the Bengals are 3 games ahead of Steelers, so that means Steelers are NOT in control of their own destiny and will need outside help to catch the Bengals....and Steelers are going to take a loss at Seattle November 29th........The Bengals have beat teams that other AFC North teams have lost to, and that is a huge extra bonus in the standings.

only thing that matters is the bengals beating the steelers. Take care of ourselves and none of them can catch us...

Really at this point its almost time to start talking about how to get ahead of the patriots in the standings since thats a team we dont get to face this year. So we need the teams we beat to start doing a little better. improve them records. (just not against us)
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 10:51 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: If the Panthers offense could beat Seattle at home, no reason to think the Steelers offense can't.  

Uh, maybe because the Panthers defense also played?  Pretty sure the steeler defense will have to as well.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 08:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Uh, maybe because the Panthers defense also played?  Pretty sure the steeler defense will have to as well.  Cool

I don't really consider Seattle's offense to be all that dynamic.  
Reply/Quote