Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Wins...
(10-13-2015, 11:28 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!

I could have sworn prior to the start of the year some fans were stating how tough of a schedule we had. I thought many were hoping for a 3-2 start. We go 5-0 and people question our schedule.

This is what I know, we beat a wounded Ravens team with Steve Smith playing the part of Superman in Baltimore. We beat the team many predict will win the Super Bowl (still even though they are 2-3). We destroyed a Raiders team that could have easily be 4-1 as 2-3. We beat a solid Chargers team.

All a team can beat teams they are better than and in the case of the Bengals, they have done it.

Going into the season, the Bengals schedule was rated the 2nd hardest in the league according to ESPN's Football Power Index. And thus far, we've handled every team on our schedule. Which is exactly what good teams are supposed to do. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:19 AM)jj22 Wrote: Hey, it's an attack prevalent in comment sections in Bengals articles. Is it a legitimate attack is all I'm asking? Any opinion?

So idiot anon talking heads are dumping on the Bengals on social media?! SHOCKER!!

Look at who they've beaten and find me more than two teams that aren't going to find a way to finish at least at .500.

The Chiefs are dead in the water without Charles and the Raiders...well, they seem to be cursed. You could say the Ravens, but I have a hard time believing they'll stay down and out for too long.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Yep...

Saw it coming.

http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-The-next-three-games-are-toss-ups?pid=77179#pid77179
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 02:38 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Yep...

Saw it coming.

http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-The-next-three-games-are-toss-ups?pid=77179#pid77179

What a visionary.

I predict that it may or may not rain tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:09 AM)jj22 Wrote: Came against opponents with a 7-18 record. Haven't beaten anyone with a winning record. Cause for concern?

Is this where we are now?  Looking for reasons to worry?  Relax and enjoy this.  You can't see how this is a monster that is growing right before our eyes?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I don't have the energy to go back and look at the "season predictions" on this board. What I can guarantee is that virtually no one predicted we'd be 5-0 at this point of the season. I'd bet that most folks said 3-2 (with losses to the Ratbirds and the Seapidgeons).
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 11:35 AM)The Dangler Wrote: Going into the season, the Bengals schedule was rated the 2nd hardest in the league according to ESPN's Football Power Index. And thus far, we've handled every team on our schedule. Which is exactly what good teams are supposed to do. 

Exactly.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 02:44 PM)djs7685 Wrote: What a visionary.

I predict that it may or may not rain tomorrow.

What I didn't need to have any insight on, is one of the guys that doesn't know football or know the meaning of words to have a very pathetic response.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:40 AM)Shouldamapads Wrote: First- they are 7-13 if you take out the Bengals.

Second- KC, SD, SEA, BAL

Which one of these teams did you not pick to be in the playoffs this season?  All solid 2014 teams and well respected. These are all quality wins.

Exactly what I was going to say, except jj22 was wrong about our opponent's record. 

Ravens- 1-4
Chargers- 2-3
Raiders- 2-3
Seahawks- 2-3
Chiefs- 1-4

Our opponents are actually 8-12 against everyone else. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Every team that the Bengals beat has had at least one other undefeated team on their schedule already, except the chargers. The poor chiefs had a 3 week stretch of Broncos, Packers and Bengals. That means out of 25 games our opponents have played that 40% of them were against teams that are undefeated (top 5 teams in the entire NFL) after 5 weeks. Of course their records are gonna be bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 05:42 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: What I didn't need to have any insight on, is one of the guys that doesn't know football or know the meaning of words to have a very pathetic response.

ThumbsUp

"You don't know football" as your only insult ever has been old since the other boards shut down.

About 10 people explained to you in that other thread how it was you that didn't comprehend the actual definitions of those words, so I'd watch running that mouth of yours before you look even more silly on here.

You're off to quite the start on here, let's see how long you actually last. If you can't learn how to take a random joke in JN when you're trying to pull the "ha! Told ya so" shit, the internet may not be the best place for you.
Reply/Quote
The chargers were undefeated when we played them...and had the number 1 ranked offense. The seahawks were 2-2 with the #2 defense when we beat them. Oakland was 0-0 and has played very well since we beat them. The only stinker team was the ravens, and as a division rival, you throw the records out the window....as the steelers found out. Bottom line, all 5 have been decent wins.
Reply/Quote
Just enjoy it week by week.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
The Falcons are 5-0

They have beaten:
Eagles
Giants
Cowboys
Texans
Redskins

I'd say they have played teams of similar standards to our opponents, if not slightly lower. Their remaining games are also much easier than ours.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 07:37 PM)djs7685 Wrote: "You don't know football" as your only insult ever has been old since the other boards shut down.

About 10 people explained to you in that other thread how it was you that didn't comprehend the actual definitions of those words, so I'd watch running that mouth of yours before you look even more silly on here.

You're off to quite the start on here, let's see how long you actually last. If you can't learn how to take a random joke in JN when you're trying to pull the "ha! Told ya so" shit, the internet may not be the best place for you.

Says the person that was crying because when the other board shut down multiple people wanted to start up their own message board and he didn't like it.

Shit, I know the internet isn't the best place for you, but you don't have many other options since you couldn't hack it out in the world. 

Please continue with your warnings though.  It is very cute.

Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 07:52 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Just enjoy it week by week.

It's the only way to go.   This is our reward.

Reply/Quote
Maybe we exposed those teams to help teams after us to beat them. Just a thought.
Reply/Quote
We might only play two teams with winning records all season: Arizona and Denver.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 10:09 AM)jj22 Wrote: Came against opponents with a 7-18 record. Haven't beaten anyone with a winning record. Cause for concern?

I am not concerned about beating everyone we've played. 

Did you happen to notice the record of the teams GB has beat?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
For me it's not really a matter of the bengals opponents record, but how the Bengals are playing. The Bengals offense looks like one of the best in the NFL and the defense steps up when it needs to. Do I think we're the best team in the NFL, probably not. With that said we're probably right behind the Pats and Packers.
Reply/Quote