Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Won't Get 2018 Free Agency or Draft Right As Recent Seasons.
NO GM so Mike Brown, Pete Brown, Paul Brown Jr, Katie Brown Blackburn and Tobin. ALMOST NO SCOUTS and if Marvin Lewis goes and none of these coaches signed, they have been doing double time as scouts also. Add this all up and you have Mike Brown and Family, NO GM, Almost NO SCOUTS and NO COACHES SIGNED to scout so this will be one totally messed up Free Agency and Draft.

I can't get on board with all the Kool Aid of a great off season coming after the horrible off seasons of the last few years. Certainly Jones or Sanu should have been kept, you can't lose both. Certainly Whitworth or Zeitler should have been kept, you can't lose both. There were reasons to give low paid Burkhead a pay increase and certainly if he is starting for Patriots he is more than good enough for Bengals. HOW DOES keeping lets say Sanu, Whitworth and Burkhead change the 2017 draft ? There were good linebackers and offensive linemen in the draft we needed more than Ross and Mixon. There were top linebackers or offensive line to take in Round One, and Round Two should have been Pocic who plays center and guard. Seattle has him as starting left guard. He could have replaced Zeitler or Bodine. The domino's tumble from poor Free Agency to a bad effect on The Draft. Mike Brown and Family don't get Free Agency or The Draft right. This leads to no blocking, no tackling and back to back awful seasons.

Like or Hate Marvin Lewis, but at least he got out and scouted and coached Senior Bowl a few times to give Bengals an inside track on those players to scout. The problem is we see this Tobin guy and Mike Brown and Family going back to doing all things Free Agent and Draft as Mike Brown did in THE BUNGLES from 1991 to 2002. We hear Marvin Lewis wanted to draft other players lately, and I believe Mike Brown and Family has went back to not listening to coaches as in 1991 to 2002 Bungles.

So for these reasons I see no light at the end of the tunnel, no ray of hope, as Mike Brown and Family continue on with no GM and almost no Scouts. Mike Brown and Family will probably get it all wrong again. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So then sanity would be expecting Mike Brown and Family to continue getting it all wrong as they stretch out their NFL record of no play-off wins years longer with the bad combination of cheapness and incompetence.

ALSO : No big name coaches have ever considered working under these conditions of Mike Brown and Family, No GM, almost No Scouts....So take your lists of top name head coaches, wad it up, and make your best basketball shot into the garbage can. No big name head coaches are going to come here. Mike Brown will offer low pay and no control, turning off any top coaches.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 10:46 PM)kevin Wrote: NO GM so Mike Brown, Pete Brown, Paul Brown Jr, Katie Brown Blackburn and Tobin.   ALMOST NO SCOUTS and if Marvin Lewis goes and none of these coaches signed, they have been doing double time as scouts also. Add this all up and you have Mike Brown and Family, NO GM, Almost NO SCOUTS and NO COACHES SIGNED to scout so this will be one totally messed up Free Agency and Draft.  

I can't get on board with all the Kool Aid of a great off season coming after the horrible off seasons of the last few years.  Certainly Jones or Sanu should have been kept, you can't lose both.  Certainly Whitworth or Zeitler should have been kept, you can't lose both.  There were reasons to give low paid Burkhead a pay increase and certainly if he is starting for Patriots he is more than good enough for Bengals.  HOW DOES keeping lets say Sanu, Whitworth and Burkhead change the 2017 draft ?  There were good linebackers and offensive linemen in the draft we needed more than Ross and Mixon.  There were top linebackers or offensive line to take in Round One, and Round Two should have been Pocic who plays center and guard. Seattle has him as starting left guard. He could have replaced Zeitler or Bodine.   The domino's tumble from poor Free Agency to a bad effect on The Draft.  Mike Brown and Family don't get Free Agency or The Draft right.  This leads to no blocking, no tackling and back to back awful seasons.

Like or Hate Marvin Lewis, but at least he got out and scouted and coached Senior Bowl a few times to give Bengals an inside track on those players to scout.  The problem is we see this Tobin guy and Mike Brown and Family going back to doing all things Free Agent and Draft as Mike Brown did in THE BUNGLES from 1991 to 2002.  We hear Marvin Lewis wanted to draft other players lately, and I believe Mike Brown and Family has went back to not listening to coaches as in 1991 to 2002 Bungles.

So for these reasons I see no light at the end of the tunnel, no ray of hope, as Mike Brown and Family continue on with no GM and almost no Scouts.  Mike Brown and Family will probably get it all wrong again. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  So then sanity would be expecting Mike Brown and Family to continue getting it all wrong as they stretch out their NFL record of no play-off wins years longer with the bad combination of cheapness and incompetence.

Wow! I'll bet you feel better after getting that off your chest. BTW, I totally agree.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
It's reality. To win we'll basically need to catch lightning in a bottle in 3 or 4 drafts in 5 years...then free agency will rip it apart.
Reply/Quote
Sadly Kevin I mostly agree,

I just don't see a whole lot changing until Mike Brown is no longer in charge, here's to hoping though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The good news is they're not forcing anyone to be Bengals fans.. Nobody will show up at your door to break your legs if you choose to root for a different team.. They'll only break your heart.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 10:46 PM)kevin Wrote: NO GM so Mike Brown, Pete Brown, Paul Brown Jr, Katie Brown Blackburn and Tobin.   ALMOST NO SCOUTS and if Marvin Lewis goes and none of these coaches signed, they have been doing double time as scouts also. Add this all up and you have Mike Brown and Family, NO GM, Almost NO SCOUTS and NO COACHES SIGNED to scout so this will be one totally messed up Free Agency and Draft.  

I can't get on board with all the Kool Aid of a great off season coming after the horrible off seasons of the last few years.  Certainly Jones or Sanu should have been kept, you can't lose both.  Certainly Whitworth or Zeitler should have been kept, you can't lose both.  There were reasons to give low paid Burkhead a pay increase and certainly if he is starting for Patriots he is more than good enough for Bengals.  HOW DOES keeping lets say Sanu, Whitworth and Burkhead change the 2017 draft ?  There were good linebackers and offensive linemen in the draft we needed more than Ross and Mixon.  There were top linebackers or offensive line to take in Round One, and Round Two should have been Pocic who plays center and guard. Seattle has him as starting left guard. He could have replaced Zeitler or Bodine.   The domino's tumble from poor Free Agency to a bad effect on The Draft.  Mike Brown and Family don't get Free Agency or The Draft right.  This leads to no blocking, no tackling and back to back awful seasons.

Like or Hate Marvin Lewis, but at least he got out and scouted and coached Senior Bowl a few times to give Bengals an inside track on those players to scout.  The problem is we see this Tobin guy and Mike Brown and Family going back to doing all things Free Agent and Draft as Mike Brown did in THE BUNGLES from 1991 to 2002.  We hear Marvin Lewis wanted to draft other players lately, and I believe Mike Brown and Family has went back to not listening to coaches as in 1991 to 2002 Bungles.

So for these reasons I see no light at the end of the tunnel, no ray of hope, as Mike Brown and Family continue on with no GM and almost no Scouts.  Mike Brown and Family will probably get it all wrong again. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  So then sanity would be expecting Mike Brown and Family to continue getting it all wrong as they stretch out their NFL record of no play-off wins years longer with the bad combination of cheapness and incompetence.

ALSO :  No big name coaches have ever considered working under these conditions of Mike Brown and Family, No GM, almost No Scouts....So take your lists of top name head coaches, wad it up, and make your best basketball shot into the garbage can.  No big name head coaches are going to come here.  Mike Brown will offer low pay and no control, turning off any top coaches.

What a depressing post Kev. Gonna go the positive route until Marv is re-signed which i think is like around 5% likely.

All the coaches contracts are up and none have been impressive this year. Truly believe that MB and Marv agreed on
Marvin moving on after this season a couple years ago. Whether you liked the Marvin Lewis signing when it happened
in the first place or not he was a highly touted Head Coaching prospect at the time.

Have to go off the past and this is a MUCH better team than Marv got handed. I see quite a few HC prospects wanting
to come here. All we have to do is fix this O-line and with competent coaches they can coach even our worst players.

This is the 50th anniversary season and it has been a major failure. Could even see MB stepping aside and all your
complaints about him no longer holding any merit. Katie i think would hire a GM who could hire a competent HC who
could hire his own staff.

Probably will take a year or two but i am not willing to just give up.

What the hell is the point if you have this view point? It is no good for anybody.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What a depressing post Kev. Gonna go the positive route until Marv is re-signed which i think is like around 5% likely.

All the coaches contracts are up and none have been impressive this year. Truly believe that MB and Marv agreed on
Marvin moving on after this season a couple years ago. Whether you liked the Marvin Lewis signing when it happened
in the first place or not he was a highly touted Head Coaching prospect at the time.

Have to go off the past and this is a MUCH better team than Marv got handed. I see quite a few HC prospects wanting
to come here. All we have to do is fix this O-line and with competent coaches they can coach even our worst players.

This is the 50th anniversary season and it has been a major failure. Could even see MB stepping aside and all your
complaints about him no longer holding any merit. Katie i think would hire a GM who could hire a competent HC who
could hire his own staff.

Probably will take a year or two but i am not willing to just give up.

What the hell is the point if you have this view point? It is no good for anybody.

Really, IF the Bengals land a Pro Bowl caliber player with their 1st Round pick...that's a game changer too. That's really where our past 4-5 drafts have failed miserably.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 02:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Really, IF the Bengals land a Pro Bowl caliber player with their 1st Round pick...that's a game changer too. That's really where our past 4-5 drafts have failed miserably.

For sure, we got AJ Green in the draft man. We can get another Probowler, it is not out of the realm of possibility.

Quentin Nelson, Wilkens, Roqaun Smith, Connor Williams, Derwin all could be really good and maybe probowlers someday.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I think what we can't do is reach with our pick though. We have enough needs to fill to not reach for any position.
Reply/Quote
So basically you’re saying bring a Bengals fan is like playing Russian Roulette with a fully loaded revolver?
Reply/Quote

ALSO :  No big name coaches have ever considered working under these conditions of Mike Brown and Family, No GM, almost No Scouts....So take your lists of top name head coaches, wad it up, and make your best basketball shot into the garbage can.  No big name head coaches are going to come here.  Mike Brown will offer low pay and no control, turning off any top coaches.

So why don't we use your crystal ball to win the lottery and buy a portion of the team?
Reply/Quote