Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals add 4th QB
This is from Rotoworld:

Quote:Bengals signed QB Keith Wenning.

Wenning was the 194th pick in last year's draft by the Ravens and spent his entire rookie season on the practice squad before getting cut by Baltimore last month. In Cincinnati, he'll compete with A.J. McCarron and Josh Johnson.

Well there's the 4th QB that we tend to carry. This tells me that we're going to carry 2 on the main roster and Wenning may be the 3rd guy on the PS. Keep in mind that Pryor had no PS eligiblity.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
May be worth working with on the PS. Now I just wish we had a QB coach that I felt confident could actually develop a QB. Keep in mind Wenning is a local product. Could have something do with at least giving him a look.
Reply/Quote
I don't think Pryor has a shot at our practice squad.

Wenning is an okay prospect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69mvgQLsag0

I just wish we'd get someone in here with an arm strong enough to throw the deep ball accurately. I know arm strength isn't everything, but can we get a prospect that brings us something Dalton doesn't?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 07:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't think Pryor has a shot at our practice squad.

I just wish we'd get someone in here with an arm strong enough to throw the deep ball accurately. I know arm strength isn't everything, but can we get a prospect that brings us something Dalton doesn't?

Andy (by statistics) is actually pretty good at throwing the deep ball. Not sure why this constantly comes up. They should probably throw more deep balls with the success they have doing it. It seems like him and the receivers have more of a problem being on the same page on intermediate routes.

Just saying.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully this quarterback doesn't post videos of practice on Twitter like the last QB we released did
Reply/Quote
194? Too early to be the next Tom Brady...cut him loose.
Reply/Quote
[Image: combine_your_own_homemade_scrub.jpg]

He blows. 4th quarter vs the Colts in our final preseason game will be his last.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 08:45 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Andy (by statistics) is actually pretty good at throwing the deep ball. Not sure why this constantly comes up. They should probably throw more deep balls with the success they have doing it. It seems like him and the receivers have more of a problem being on the same page on intermediate routes.

Just saying.

It keeps coming up because people are too god damned stupid to actually check facts and would rather regurgitate the shit that ESPN and NFL.com pump out.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Front office: Geeez..Hobspin doesn't have anything to write about. Sign that guy for a month or so.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 07:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't think Pryor has a shot at our practice squad.

yeah i doubt TP was eligible for the PS...

Bengals usually keep one guy on the PS (one QB i mean) this could be that guy.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 03:02 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It keeps coming up because people are too god damned stupid to actually check facts and would rather regurgitate the shit that ESPN and NFL.com pump out.

I trust my eyes. And any rational person knows what I'm talking about when I say bring someone in here with a different skill set than Dalton. That includes a cannon for an arm, and a qb that may not be able to beat you with dump offs, but has the arm to stretch to threaten to stretch the field.

I look at it like this. When we were looking for a pass catching TE we changed our philosophy and went after ones who can catch and coach them to block, instead of getting good blockers and teaching them to catch. We've got McCarron who sounds like a good prospect. If we was going to pick up another one I'd hope maybe we'd get the arm and tame it.

If we are developing qb's where's the variety from a skillset standpoint?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 10:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: I trust my eyes. And any rational person knows what I'm talking about when I say bring someone in here with a different skill set than Dalton. That includes a cannon for an arm, and a qb that may not be able to beat you with dump offs, but has the arm to stretch to threaten to stretch the field.

I look at it like this. When we were looking for a pass catching TE we changed our philosophy and went after ones who can catch and coach them to block, instead of getting good blockers and teaching them to catch. We've got McCarron who sounds like a good prospect. If we was going to pick up another one I'd hope maybe we'd get the arm and tame it.

There's the flip side of that argument as well.  Perhaps we want a QB with a similar skill set to Dalton's in order for the offense to feel comfortable with him in there if he's ever called upon.  I understand your point, but that's more focused on throwing the D a curve than it is keep our offense on the same page with a similar QB.  
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 01:50 AM)EatonFan Wrote: There's the flip side of that argument as well.  Perhaps we want a QB with a similar skill set to Dalton's in order for the offense to feel comfortable with him in there if he's ever called upon.  I understand your point, but that's more focused on throwing the D a curve than it is keep our offense on the same page with a similar QB.  

Or to be the QB the D is going to face on Sundays.

This kid will never see the field during the Regular Season. Hell, if Dalton gets hurt, McCarron gets hurt and Johnson gets hurt, the Bengals will put Sanu in before they put this kid in. By that time, the coaches will know the season is over and they want to see what they have in Sanu.

Ok, that's over exaggeration but you get what I'm saying.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 02:21 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Or to be the QB the D is going to face on Sundays.

This kid will never see the field during the Regular Season. Hell, if Dalton gets hurt, McCarron gets hurt and Johnson gets hurt, the Bengals will put Sanu in before they put this kid in. By that time, the coaches will know the season is over and they want to see what they have in Sanu.

Kind of makes me wonder during the season, how many snaps at QB does Sanu get?  I mean he HAS to be our emergency 3rd string QB doesn't he?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
[Image: winning-jpg.240701]
Reply/Quote
How long before he's the starter? Ninja
Reply/Quote
I never met a person named Kieth that didn't suck.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 02:21 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Or to be the QB the D is going to face on Sundays.

Johnson wont be on the roster so they better not all get hurt the same game lol... Or we will be wildcating it or trading for tebow.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 10:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: I trust my eyes. And any rational person knows what I'm talking about when I say bring someone in here with a different skill set than Dalton. That includes a cannon for an arm, and a qb that may not be able to beat you with dump offs, but has the arm to stretch to threaten to stretch the field.

well the other side would be you want your backup QBs to beable to come in and play within the same offensive system that everyone on the team knows and not have to switch it up completely for the backup.

As for an Arm. I keep hearing hitting in stride on deep balls this offseason.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 11:46 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I never met a person named Kieth that didn't suck.

So true.  I actually had a hand in saving the life of a guy named Keith in high school and when he was out of the hospital he went right back to being a bag of ding-dongs to me.  Didn't miss a beat.  Didn't even say thanks.
Reply/Quote