Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals add QB - Will Grier
HELL YEAH

QB2. Absolutely.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Burrow was multiple weeks away, they wouldn't have released Simien, regardless of how crappy he was. He can at least call the plays.

This tells me they are ok with Burrow's calf.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 01:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Amen to all of the above!  Like many I thought Trevor Siemian’s experience would win the day but he underwhelmed in preseason and I give mad props to Zac Taylor and Duke Tobin for “cutting bait” on Siemian.  Jake Browning was better — not saying much here — but signing Will Grier is very smart.  

If Joe Burrow didn’t have his calf injury I would be less worried about the quarterback position in Cincinnati but Grier’s skill sets seem to be closer to Burrow than what Browning brings to the table.  At least Grier can throw the ball accurately downfield.

The Bengals’ playbook is too high powered to use a subpar quarterback to run it.

No doubt FIK. The accuracy was the biggest problem with our backup QB's. Grier can be very accurate as a QB which is why I love 
this pick up so much. I know he doesn't have a big arm, but it doesn't matter how big your arm is if you are inaccurate and cannot 
hit the WR's in stride.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 01:25 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: HELL YEAH

QB2. Absolutely.

[Image: f1940da7f3790280e1d101fb6b3fd32c.jpg]

Not sure how this guy is going help the team, but he looks like a real glass eater, so I guess I'm down with it....
Reply/Quote
On the more serious side....

When scrambling Grier has an extraordinary sense of setting up and using open field blocks. This is something that is innate in runners, they either have or they don't, never seems to be teachable or learned art.

Not so keen on his Gus Frerotte impersonation though.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 07:40 AM)Synric Wrote: To the Practice Squad.... I'm torn if that means  I have to buy Grier's jersey or not.

Go for it & retire your Burrow jersey.
Reply/Quote
I like the signing of Grier to the practice squad.I don’t feel comfortable with Browning as the backup QB.I know he’s been in the system a while and knows the Offense,but he’s just not a NFL caliber quarterback.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 08:33 AM)Danimal Wrote: I would much rather have Greir on the PS than Simien. 

Yup. That's what all of this is about. Good move.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I'm happy that we actually addressed the problem. I really hope Grier gets acclimated soon and maybe he can pass Browning. 

Also, one of the beat guys, possibly Morrison, said that Siemien was absolutely against being on the PS.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 11:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm happy that we actually addressed the problem. I really hope Grier gets acclimated soon and maybe he can pass Browning. 

Also, one of the beat guys, possibly Morrison, said that Siemien was absolutely against being on the PS.

I think once he learns the offense, he'll supplant Browning. Tony Pike was pretty much saying the same thing on WLW this morning.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Dude is pretty popular around my neck of the woods.

(North Carolina, not New Jersey)
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 09:56 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Dude is pretty popular around my neck of the woods.

(North Carolina, not New Jersey)

I was reading up on him a little bit and I can see why. What a high school career he had there!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Grier was 6-0 at the University of Florida and had like 1300 yards 12tds and 2 ints.. for McElwain before the banned substance suspension. Florida finished 4-4 after losing Grier.
Reply/Quote
bu..bu..but what about Cooper Rush?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 10:21 AM)TheFan Wrote: I personally would have given a look at Bailey Zappe since he's younger and looked good in his playing time last year but when you're looking at QB2 and QB3 there's usually very little difference (unless paying for a high end back up). 

Zappe looked good for like 20 plays and that's it: he is not an NFL calibre QB.

(08-30-2023, 11:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm happy that we actually addressed the problem. I really hope Grier gets acclimated soon and maybe he can pass Browning. 

I know James Rapien said last night on LockedOn that Siemien going on PS was a no-no
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 10:29 AM)Wyche Wrote: I was reading up on him a little bit and I can see why. What a high school career he had there!

The high school shut down their football program after he left. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 08:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Goodnight Grandpa...... Ninja

I would love to see "Grandpa Walton" on the back of his jersey.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 01:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Zappe looked good for like 20 plays and that's it: he is not an NFL calibre QB.

Isn't that 20 more plays than Grier, though? Guy had a 46.0 QB Rating and a 0.0 QB Rating in his 2 starts with 0TD/4 INT. Zappe was also a rookie last year and is also 4 years younger.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
They dumped Grier for Trey Lance? Boy the Cowboys just don’t have the recipe w/o Jimmy Johnson.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote