Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals add to training staff
Ben Baby made a comment about the team hiring new in-season athletic trainers. In previous years, in addition to the normal staff, they would have 1 auxiliary trainer plus some interns. This season they added 4 to the staff.

Seems like this is a move of the new head trainer Matt Summers. I can only view this as a positive thing. Not only will it speed up all the pre-practice/game preparations but should allow more individual attention for rehabbing players

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 12:25 PM)pally Wrote: Ben Baby made a comment about the team hiring new in-season athletic trainers.  In previous years, in addition to the normal staff, they would have 1 auxiliary trainer plus some interns.  This season they added 4 to the staff.  

Seems like this is a move of the new head trainer Matt Summers. I can only view this as a positive thing.  Not only will it speed up all the pre-practice/game preparations but should allow more individual attention for rehabbing players

Hopefully they will help ensure the players are getting their hamstrings fully stretched prior to the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 01:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hopefully they will help ensure the players are getting their hamstrings fully stretched prior to the game.

Yes, need to cut down on those hammy pulls...
Reply/Quote
Sure sounds good. If it prevents even one injury it would be great.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 11:40 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Sure sounds good. If it prevents even one injury it would be great.

Injuries are going to happen, no matter how well you maintain your body.  Having the extra trainers will likely show benefit in the form of getting players back into action quicker than were able to with less training staff members.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote