Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals address need for guys who punch women in face depth
(04-30-2017, 09:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Looks like this thread hit you pretty hard. 

I guess that's a success for me. 

First time for everything.

Congrats.

Also, this thread is sad. Three years ago this guy did something that is horrible and wrong. He has admitted as much and has been charged with the crime and has done his paid his penalty to society in accordance with the law. At this point in time, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt and a second chance. 

There is no person on these boards who hasn't screwed up majorly as a kid (maybe not punching a woman bad) but we all got second chances.

If you want to ***** at the Bengals for not cutting Pacman, take a number and get in line, he needs to be gone. This kid, should be given a short leash with no room for error but he does deserve another chance. I wish it wasn't here, but I don't control who they pick.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 09:03 PM)jason Wrote: Hopefully they both learned a lesson about putting your hands on people. I agree with you. He could have easily pushed her away. But I also suffer from anger issues, and realize that it's very hard to turn it off once it starts. She went at him with force, I heard she spit too. If that's true, you get what you get. All in all it was a dumb situation involving dumb kids.
I have anger issues, as well.
Although, I've rarely took a shot at anyone. (Like maybe once, as a kid)
I'm blessed with quick reflexes and dodge pretty easy, plus my mouth is even faster...lol
I was a bouncer for over 3 years and never got into a fight.
Just separate and de-escalate.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 10:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: First time for everything.

Congrats.

Also, this thread is sad. Three years ago this guy did something that is horrible and wrong. He has admitted as much and has been charged with the crime and has done his paid his penalty to society in accordance with the law. At this point in time, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt and a second chance. 

There is no person on these boards who hasn't screwed up majorly as a kid (maybe not punching a woman bad) but we all got second chances.

If you want to ***** at the Bengals for not cutting Pacman, take a number and get in line, he needs to be gone. This kid, should be given a short leash with no room for error but he does deserve another chance. I wish it wasn't here, but I don't control who they pick.

I don't have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he isn't a dirt bag anymore. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Solid pick up. Mixon will definitely be a great back up for Pacman if he ever gets injured and can't slug a woman in the face.

I look at it this way. Putting your hands on anyone is bad. It's worse when it's a woman or kids and you're a man. He paid his dues and deserves a second chance. No one is perfect. I feel like crimes are like baseball, 3 strikes and you're out. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 08:21 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he isn't a dirt bag anymore. 

So by your logic, whatever a person does one time defines who they are forever..

Cool, guess that means based on your interactions on this board with Brad that we can all safely call you a childish bag of dicks, since that is how you both acted towards each other.

No reason to give either of you a second chance, should be banned forever.

What worries me, is I think once upon a time you said you were a teacher...you teach your kids that one mistake ruins your life forever? Sure as hell hope not.

What he did, was wrong. How he handled it afterwards and everyday since, earns him a second chance. End of discussion.

(05-01-2017, 03:04 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I look at it this way. Putting your hands on anyone is bad. It's worse when it's a woman or kids and you're a man. He paid his dues and deserves a second chance. No one is perfect. I feel like crimes are like baseball, 3 strikes and you're out. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Exactly. I hate what he did, and do not agree with it but the guy owned it. At this point, have to give him a short leash (very short leash) and let him live his life.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
We need more laughing while slapping the table emojis in this thread. So here:

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 03:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So by your logic, whatever a person does one time defines who they are forever..

No, I didn't say that. However, certain actions certainly define someone for the rest of their lives. I think it's sad to set an example that this behavior is acceptable at the highest level of success. NFL players are, whether they want to be or should be, role models. 

Reply/Quote
The only reason why James Conner wasn't the first running back taken is because he missed a year because of an ACL and cancer.

1800 rushing yards and 26 TDs as a sophmore.

Cancer as a junior

1100 rushing yards, 16 rushing TDs and magically became a legit receiving threat with 300 receiving yards and 4 TD catches as a senior.

His senior season begin less than 12 months after tearing his ACL and less than 9 months after learning he had stage 2 cancer in his neck and chest.

Steelers took him a round after the Bengals took Mixon.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 07:55 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, I didn't say that. However, certain actions certainly define someone for the rest of their lives. I think it's sad to set an example that this behavior is acceptable at the highest level of success. NFL players are, whether they want to be or should be, role models. 

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Coming from a guy who follows a franchise that has a murderer as its greatest player ever and the face of the franchise  ThumbsUp

You even said yourself that he was involved somehow but, let's be honest, he rolled over on the dudes with him and the government still couldn't find them guilty because Ray killed them.

Let's also not forget that Ray Rice was also one of the faces of the franchise for a while, knocked out his fiancee, and your front office didn't cut him until there was a public outcry 7 months later.

But you're completely justified and credible in preaching about role models  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I am pretty credible in preaching about role models. I completely disavowed Ray Rice as soon as it happened and called on the Ravens for months to cut him.

Meanwhile you lot are praising the Bengals for signing someone who did the same thing.

Stay Classy, Cincinnati

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 08:18 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I am pretty credible in preaching about role models. I completely disavowed Ray Rice as soon as it happened and called on the Ravens for months to cut him.

Meanwhile you lot are praising the Bengals for signing someone who did the same thing.

Stay Classy, Cincinnati

Man, if you're this sour now, I can't wait to see what you're like when he goes for 100+ On the ground with a couple td's against y'all.

Popcorn

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 08:18 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I am pretty credible in preaching about role models. I completely disavowed Ray Rice as soon as it happened and called on the Ravens for months to cut him.

Stay Classy, Cincinnati

BULLSHIT!

You said that "I don't know if the Ravens can cut him without the video," instead of just being pissed off that your running back was a woman-beater.

However, you finally came out AFTER THE VIDEO was released and started a thread called "Ray Rice is a D Bag," but, the only problem with that is, if needing the video was just about suspending him, why wouldn't you have called him a d bag all along?

You also forgot to address the whole murderer part.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 09:31 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: BULLSHIT!

You said that "I don't know if the Ravens can cut him without the video," instead of just being pissed off that your running back was a woman-beater.

However, you finally came out AFTER THE VIDEO was released and started a thread called "Ray Rice is a D Bag," but, the only problem with that is, if needing the video was just about suspending him, why wouldn't you have called him a d bag all along?

Bud, we've been through this before and you were called out for making stuff up and lying about my character. No reason to hash this lie of yours out again.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 09:46 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Bud, we've been through this before and you were called out for making stuff up and lying about my character. No reason to hash this lie of yours out again.

That's black-and-white what happened.

I didn't make that up.  You can't dispute that.  

Own up to it.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 09:30 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Man, if you're this sour now, I can't wait to see what you're like when he goes for 100+ On the ground with a couple td's against y'all.

Popcorn

Be sure to share those Madden screen shots.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 09:51 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Be sure to share those Madden screen shots.

Does john have a Snapchat? And what does that have to do with any of this?

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 09:54 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Does john have a Snapchat? And what does that have to do with any of this?

[Image: bartolo-colon-swing-and-miss-against-pirates-b.gif]

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 09:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: bartolo-colon-swing-and-miss-against-pirates-b.gif]

That gif was a brad move, bro. So you got me good!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Solid pick up. Mixon will definitely be a great back up for Pacman if he ever gets injured and can't slug a woman in the face.

due you know the difference between a slap and a punch?   
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 10:12 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: due you know the difference between a slap and a punch?   

Yea, a slap doesn't require someone to undergo hours of surgery and have their jaw wired shut for months. 

Reply/Quote