K Evan Mcpherson
R Adam Jones
C Forest Gregg
Reply/Quote
QB...Ken Anderson....Burrow eventually
RB's...Dillon and James Brooks, Pete Johnson, Icky Woods
WR's....Johnson and A.J.Green, Isacc Curtis, Carl Pickens
TE....Bob Trumpy

Anyone remember our first 1000 yard rusher Paul Robinson? He was a 400 hurdler while at Arizona. Very smooth runner kind of glided.
Reply/Quote
DJ Reader is pretty great at DT.
Reply/Quote
I'll preface this with I never watched a single snap of Bengals football before 1988.

Willie Anderson can technically be put at LT over Whitworth since he played his first season as a LT. And then, you can put Whitworth at G since he doubled there for a bit too. Everyone wins :)

If we can put Chase on here after one year does that mean we can include short tenured players as well? If so I'd bring in Jonathan Joseph over Ken Riley.

Separately, I'd probably make a case for Green or Pickens over Curtis.

I do like that you put Adam Jones in there but is that for his career or for his time with the Bengals?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:19 PM)basballguy Wrote: I'll preface this with I never watched a single snap of Bengals football before 1988.

Willie Anderson can technically be put at LT over Whitworth since he played his first season as a LT. And then, you can put Whitworth at G since he doubled there for a bit too. Everyone wins :)

If we can put Chase on here after one year does that mean we can include short tenured players as well? If so I'd bring in Jonathan Joseph over Ken Riley.

I do like that you put Adam Jones in there but is that for his career or for his time with the Bengals?

Jonathan Joseph was a short tenured player here? He was a Bengal for 5 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jonathan Joseph was a short tenured player here? He was a Bengal for 5 years.

I'm just trying to establish grounds for what the qualifications were for his list, not look for something to argue over.  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:28 PM)basballguy Wrote: I'm just trying to establish grounds for what the qualifications were for his list, not look for something to argue over.  Rolleyes

I’m not arguing anything. Just thought it was weird. 5 seasons is a long time in NFL years.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:19 PM)basballguy Wrote: If so I'd bring in Jonathan Joseph over Ken Riley.

Strongly disagree. Ken Riley was the best DB that has ever played for the Bengals and in many people's opinions belongs in the HOF.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:46 PM)Streak 161 Wrote: Strongly disagree. Ken Riley was the best DB that has ever played for the Bengals and in many people's opinions belongs in the HOF.

I did say I didn't see a snap of bengals football before 1988 so I can only go by what i saw with Joseph and the stat book.  
Reply/Quote
With our current crop Im giving a little leeway to what ive already seen and what is likely coming. Thats why Joe, Jamarr, Logan, and Jessie all made the all time team. Reggie Nelson was real close over Jessie but his play in playoffs was tie breaker. As far as Logan we went from a sligthtly above average with him injured when he returned we went into top 5 territory.
Reply/Quote
Long Snapper: Clark Harris.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
We should do this All-Time team correctly. One position at a time, allow everyone to present candidates, then hold a poll thread to determine the selections.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: DJ Reader is pretty great at DT.

Would you put Reader over Krumrie or Atkins
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 02:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We should do this All-Time team correctly.  One position at a time, allow everyone to present candidates, then hold a poll thread to determine the selections.

I like this, would kill some off-seaosn time too
Reply/Quote
Where's Burfict?

*heat incoming*
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:19 PM)basballguy Wrote: I'll preface this with I never watched a single snap of Bengals football before 1988.

Willie Anderson can technically be put at LT over Whitworth since he played his first season as a LT.  And then, you can put Whitworth at G since he doubled there for a bit too.  Everyone wins :)

If we can put Chase on here after one year does that mean we can include short tenured players as well?  If so I'd bring in Jonathan Joseph over Ken Riley.

I was thinking Pickens might be on the list too. I never saw Curtis play though.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 02:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We should do this All-Time team correctly.  One position at a time, allow everyone to present candidates, then hold a poll thread to determine the selections.

I think we need criteria too. Like is it best season? Is it longevity? Best career?
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 02:35 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Would you put Reader over Krumrie or Atkins

Not Atkins. I don't know on Krumrie. I only caught part of his career.

Honestly, it's really hard to quantify what they do. Reader is a wall that takes up 2 blockers and blows up plays...but he doesn't get a bunch of sacks. Like I read how much JJ Watt missed him when he left.
Reply/Quote

Agreed, it would be a fun exercise to participate in if done in an organized manner. It's something that could be revisited every 3 to 5 years since players, for example guys like Burrow and Chase, would be more interesting to discuss after they've had some longevity with the franchise.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 03:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think we need criteria too. Like is it best season? Is it longevity? Best career?

Agreed, obviously a player who was in the top tier of his position over the length of his career would take precedence over a mega-talent that was only able to play a year or two.

(02-17-2022, 03:43 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed, it would be a fun exercise to participate in if done in an organized manner. It's something that could be revisited every 3 to 5 years since players, for example guys like Burrow and Chase, would be more interesting to discuss after they've had some longevity with the franchise.

Absolutely, while Joe and Jamar appear to be on track to become All-Time Bengal Greats, they still have to play a significant career before guys like Boomer, Anderson, Chad Johnson or even AJ Green can be considered fair comparisons.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote