Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals all time team
(02-17-2022, 06:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, obviously a player who was in the top tier of his position over the length of his career would take precedence over a mega-talent that was only able to play a year or two.

Absolutely, while Joe and Jamar appear to be on track to become All-Time Bengal Greats, they still have to play a significant career before guys like Boomer, Anderson, Chad Johnson or even AJ Green can be considered fair comparisons.

I feel its slighting Burrow, Chase , Wilson and Bates. Having team success should be considered as well. for example Chase is already all time Bengal post season receiving yardage leader. How much of an all time great can you be considered without some kind of team success. At least Marvin teams had playoff appearances and division titles. Cory and Whit won titles just not here.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 06:24 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I feel its slighting Burrow, Chase , Wilson and Bates. Having team success should be considered as well. for example Chase is already all time Bengal post season receiving yardage leader. How much of an all time great can you be considered without some kind of team success. At least Marvin teams had playoff appearances and division titles. Cory and Whit won titles just not here.

Dillon and Whitworth are absolutely great candidates for a Bengals All-Time team, give Bates another two years of production at a high level and he'll be worthy of that group as well.  Burrow, Chase and Wilson all appear to be on tract to one day be considered All-Time Bengal Greats, but let's see how well they maintain that high standard over a few more years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:19 PM)basballguy Wrote: I'll preface this with I never watched a single snap of Bengals football before 1988.

Willie Anderson can technically be put at LT over Whitworth since he played his first season as a LT.  And then, you can put Whitworth at G since he doubled there for a bit too.  Everyone wins :)

If we can put Chase on here after one year does that mean we can include short tenured players as well?  If so I'd bring in Jonathan Joseph over Ken Riley.

Separately, I'd probably make a case for Green or Pickens over Curtis.

I do like that you put Adam Jones in there but is that for his career or for his time with the Bengals?
Joseph sucked
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 12:16 PM)Tony Wrote: Joseph sucked

[Image: tenor.gif]

Reply/Quote

And from last week....

(02-07-2022, 12:44 PM)Tony Wrote: OBJ is trash.. 

Perhaps maybe you aren't the best judge of NFL talent.  :)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
This thread is going places now. LMAO

[Image: them-fighting-words-conan-obrien.gif]
Reply/Quote
QB- Burrow
RB- Dillon
TE- Eifert
LT- Munoz
LG- Whitworth
C- Barham
RG- Montanya
RT- Anderson
WR- Chase
WR- Ocho Cinco
WR- Green

Defense
End-;Dunlap
3T- Geno
NT-Krumie
End-Smith
WlB- Spikes,
MLB- Simmons
NB- Hall
CB- Parrish
CB-Riely
SS- Nelson
FS- Bates

P- Huber
K- McPherson
LS- Harris
PR/KR Parrish
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:46 PM)Streak 161 Wrote: Strongly disagree. Ken Riley was the best DB that has ever played for the Bengals and in many people's opinions belongs in the HOF.

I was paging down to see if someone beat me to the punch...Riley is 5th (I think) all time for interceptions. He was a stud! I believe his numbers would be far higher in today's pass happy NFL.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 06:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, obviously a player who was in the top tier of his position over the length of his career would take precedence over a mega-talent that was only able to play a year or two.

Absolutely, while Joe and Jamar appear to be on track to become All-Time Bengal Greats, they still have to play a significant career before guys like Boomer, Anderson, Chad Johnson or even AJ Green can be considered fair comparisons.

This is so fair and so correct and completely being over-looked due to recency bias not to mention an ever changing league and set of rules.

Comparing Kenny Anderson to moder QBs with stats and Anderson looks like he has no business on the list, yet in his era he was one of the best.

Same issue happens when you try to compare say Carl Pickens to A.J. Green or Chad Johnson. Chad had the best QB of the three in Palmer, A.J. put up great numbers (pretty incredible numbers when you look at the talent around him at times) and then you get Carl Pickens who was on just terrible teams with multiple QBs the best of them being Jeff Blake. 

It's really hard to ever get one of these type of lists right as you have fewer and fewer fans every year that even remember a guy like Trumpy as a player, or Anderson (Kenny) or Krumrie or Boomer and even people who jumped on the band in the mid to late 2000's missed out on Pickens, Dillon, Willie Anderson and don't have any comparison besides Green/Dalton to Higgins,Chase/Burrow.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 02:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Same issue happens when you try to compare say Carl Pickens to A.J. Green or Chad Johnson. Chad had the best QB of the three in Palmer, A.J. put up great numbers (pretty incredible numbers when you look at the talent around him at times) and then you get Carl Pickens who was on just terrible teams with multiple QBs the best of them being Jeff Blake.

Excellent point. It seems that our #1 receivers have always had that solid, constant #2 to complement their game.

Collinsworth transitioned from Curtis to Brown
Brown took over and had McGee
Pickens had Scott
Chad had T.J. and hopefully Chase has Higgins for many years to come

A.J. pretty much had a different #2 almost every year (Simpson, Hawkins, Jones, Sanu, LaFell, and finally Boyd)
Reply/Quote
Justin Smith was really good here too. He went to the 49ers and played like he did here, and got accolades.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:45 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: QB Joe Burrow
RB Corey Dillon
T Anthony Munoz
T Andrew Whitworth
G Bruce Kozerski
G  Max Montoya
C Rich Braham
WR Jamarr Chase
WR Chad Johnson
WR Isaac Curtis
TE Dan Ross
DE Eddie Edwards
DE Ross Browner
DT Geno Atkins
DT Tim Krumrie
OLB Reggie Williams
OLB Takeo Spikes
MLB Logan Wilson
CB Ken Riley
CB Lamar Parrish
S Jessie Bates
S David Fulcher
P Kevin Huber
K Evan Mcpherson
R Adam Jones
C Forest Gregg

Why the hell is Joe Burrow on this? This is disrespectful. Where is AJ Green? 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 05:01 PM)Bengals-Man12345 Wrote: Why the hell is Joe Burrow on this? This is disrespectful. Where is AJ Green? 

I made my list based off of their respective prime season. That why Logan Burrow Chase and Bates are on the list. Boomer and Anderson both benefited from great Olines neither would do anything behind current Oline. Boomer got benched behind a bad line. Kenny struggled with turnovers until line improved
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 03:16 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Where's Burfict?

*heat incoming*

If I'm getting non-fat prime Vontaze, I might take him over any MLB we've ever had.  He was an absolute game wrecker.  Problem is, you never knew which team he was going to be wrecking.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:56 PM)basballguy Wrote: I did say I didn't see a snap of bengals football before 1988 so I can only go by what i saw with Joseph and the stat book.  

That is fine so with that thinking u should only compare players u have seen, since I've bern around since beginning I can tell y riley hands down best cor er and Parrish 2nd, 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 08:49 PM)samhain Wrote: If I'm getting non-fat prime Vontaze, I might take him over any MLB we've ever had.  He was an absolute game wrecker.  Problem is, you never knew which team he was going to be wrecking.

Another thing to consider was that he was also very injury prone along with his suspensions. His talent was undeniable but he was rarely available. I would take a lesser player for more availability for this reason. 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 10:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: That is fine so with that thinking u should only compare players u have seen, since I've bern around since beginning I can tell y riley hands down best cor er and Parrish 2nd, 

It's concerning how much this bothers you.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Nah man, you gotta put Sammy on there to coach if you're rolling with Joe.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Dude…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 10:40 PM)basballguy Wrote: It's concerning how much this bothers you.  

Funny must of really bothered u since u replied  Hilarious
Reply/Quote