Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals and Flu Shot Vaccine
I actually thought this was a forum for actual BENGALS FOOTBALL, wtf was I thinking....
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 10:49 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I actually thought this was a forum for actual BENGALS FOOTBALL, wtf was I thinking....

This is not a normal year of anything. Players who get the flu or a virus impact payers practicing and playing. So yes, just like trying to avoid injuries, teams need to avoid sickness.

If it were not a concern, every sport would not be taking steps to keep players and coaches healthy, extreme steps.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 10:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So you are saying it is like the draft each season.

Pretty similar. Each year the flu immunization will usually vaccinate you against 3-4 different strains of the flu that are circulating and most likely to reach the US based upon disease surveillance.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 10:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, lot's of people are doing this. The downside, is the whole time you are doing this your immune system is getting weaker. We need to be exposed to germs, etc., to remain healthy in the long run.  

I'm almost 60. My immune system has had decades to get up to speed.

Reply/Quote
I don't and won't participate. Here's why.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 06:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All this flu talk has me pumped for our first thread of the season where we argue about the Bengals not having an indoor practice facility.

Great. You just gave Mike Brown an excuse to not have one. Way to go, Nately. WAY. TO. GO.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 12:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Great. You just gave Mike Brown an excuse to not have one. Way to go, Nately. WAY. TO. GO.  Whatever

That Mike Brown... what a visionary!!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 12:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Pretty similar. Each year the flu immunization will usually vaccinate you against 3-4 different strains of the flu that are circulating and most likely to reach the US based upon disease surveillance.

I heard wear a mask, it MAY help stop the spread. Will getting a flu vaccine MAYBE help stop spread of the flu? My point being, we now know 94% who died from Cov-19 had on average 2.6 underlying major medical conditions like heart disease, Diabetes, Obesity, Cancer and others.

So would the flu colliding with someone getting the virus be more or as deadly possibly as someone with underlying conditions? We know already underlying conditions alone kill virus patients so common sense tells up that group + flu would only make deaths higher.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 12:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I heard wear a mask, it MAY help stop the spread. Will getting a flu vaccine MAYBE help stop spread of the flu? My point being, we now know 94% who died from Cov-19 had on average 2.6 underlying major medical conditions like heart disease, Diabetes, Obesity, Cancer and others.

So would the flu colliding with someone getting the virus be more or as deadly possibly as someone with underlying conditions? We know already underlying conditions alone kill virus patients so common sense tells up that group + flu would only make deaths higher.

Definitely.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/highrisk/index.htm

Here’s a list of medical conditions that put people at increased risk of complications or death as a result of getting the flu when combined with their pre-existing condition.

Edited to add: I misread your question. I think you mean is the flu combined with Covid 19 as deadly as the flu and a high risk medical condition.  If that's the case, I can't say definitely. I don't think we have enough experience with Covid 19 to answer your question. My personal opinion, it probably wouldn't make a difference in the young and healthy who have the flu and an asymptomatic or mild case of Covid. Although there is a chance the immune response to the flu might make the immune response to Covid 19 worse and essentially "convert" what would have been a mild case of Covid into a more severe case. In the older and less healthy population I would expect that combination to make the clinical situation worse because they don't have the physiologic reserve to fight off infection like the young or healthy.  But, it is still to be determine.
Reply/Quote