Per NFL Draft Network

1. Chase young DE OSU
2. Austin Jackson OT USC
3. Xavier McKinney S Alabama
4. Clyde Edwards Helaire RB LSU
5. Shaq Quarterman LB Miami
6. Jacob Phillips LB LSU
7. AJ Green CB Oklahoma St.

Keep dalton roll with this draft and we do damage next year.
Reply/Quote
We need a QB
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
At this point, I can't take any draft that doesn't include drafting a QB very seriously.

Even if you want to make a case and draft Young at #1 (which I think is a major mistake), you have to come back and get a QB in round 2. I don't think this team has the luxury of passing on a QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 03:55 PM)J24 Wrote: We need a QB

Did we need a web in 2015? Cuz we still have that one and he then was in the MVP race.... the front office then just proceeded to let their bet offensive lineman walk and he was no longer protected which is still the problem today. Can’t act like there is no correlation with daltons decline and the fact that we’ve had one of the worst if not the worst offensive lines in the league since then. Do I think dalton is Aaron Rogers no but I do think he’s jimmy g if not better if we protect him. Hell hes proven it already.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 05:32 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Did we need a web in 2015? Cuz we still have that one and he then was in the MVP race.... the front office then just proceeded to let their bet offensive lineman walk and he was no longer protected which is still the problem today. Can’t act like there is no correlation with daltons decline and the fact that we’ve had one of the worst if not the worst offensive lines in the league since then. Do I think dalton is Aaron Rogers no but I do think he’s jimmy g if not better if we protect him. Hell hes proven it already.

What he’s proven is he could never get us over the hump. Time to move on. Period. We can’t keep passing on these elite QB’s (Mahomes, Watson, Jackson, etc).

Not taking Joe Burrow would be this franchise’s biggest mistake since Bill Walsh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 06:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What he’s proven is he could never get us over the hump. Time to move on. Period. We can’t keep passing on these elite QB’s (Mahomes, Watson, Jackson, etc).

Not taking Joe Burrow would be this franchise’s biggest mistake since Bill Walsh.
(01-20-2020, 05:32 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Did we need a web in 2015? Cuz we still have that one and he then was in the MVP race.... the front office then just proceeded to let their bet offensive lineman walk and he was no longer protected which is still the problem today. Can’t act like there is no correlation with daltons decline and the fact that we’ve had one of the worst if not the worst offensive lines in the league since then. Do I think dalton is Aaron Rogers no but I do think he’s jimmy g if not better if we protect him. Hell hes proven it already.
Dalton is not it. Good when EVERYTHING is around him is good. Dalton can't elevate his team like others and if you ask who the face of the franchise has been, it won't be Dalton and that's the problem. It's been AJ. Dalton does not have moxy and is not a gamer. He has failed repeatedly to perform when on the biggest stage. Here are his primetime stats including the playoffs:
26 games- 28 TDs, 21 Ints, 6-19-1 record. He had a nice playoff run, but it's time to move on. i wish him well elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 05:32 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Did we need a web in 2015?  Cuz we still have that one and he then was in the MVP race.... the front office then just proceeded to let their bet offensive lineman walk and he was no longer protected which is still the problem today.  Can’t act like there is no correlation with daltons decline and the fact that we’ve had one of the worst if not the worst offensive lines in the league since then.  Do I think dalton is Aaron Rogers no but I do think he’s jimmy g if not better if we protect him.  Hell hes proven it already.

The only problem is that Dalton is in his 30s.  Not every qb is able to play into their mid to late 30s.

Dalton was in the MVP race because the TEAM was undefeated.  At no point was he ever considered a top 10 QB.  If you are going to make the argument that Jimmy G isn't a top 10 QB, then that's your opinion.  Belichek was livid that he had to trade him.  He's not an average QB and there's a good chance he's a top 10 guy right now.  
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 03:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The only problem is that Dalton is in his 30s.  Not every qb is able to play into their mid to late 30s.

Dalton was in the MVP race because the TEAM was undefeated.  At no point was he ever considered a top 10 QB.  If you are going to make the argument that Jimmy G isn't a top 10 QB, then that's your opinion.  Belichek was livid that he had to trade him.  He's not an average QB and there's a good chance he's a top 10 guy right now.  

And sources inside say Belichick wants dalton soooooo and that’s not true about dalton only being in the mvp race cuz the TEAM was undefeated. Dalton was throwing BB’s in key holes that year and was lighting it up cuz he was protected and had time to throw and throw with confidence. The niners were undefeated this year all the way up to 9-0 I believe and there was no mention of jimmy g in the mvp talk soo ur being philosophically inconsistent.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 06:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What he’s proven is he could never get us over the hump. Time to move on. Period. We can’t keep passing on these elite QB’s (Mahomes, Watson, Jackson, etc).

at the very least if we aren't taking burrow we better be taking a kings ransom for the pick...  not standing pat at 1OA... Although cant say I be mad having young on the team.   Some intreging Names on the FA QB market this offseason.  But nothing that would be long term.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 04:57 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: And sources inside say Belichick wants dalton soooooo and that’s not true about dalton only being in the mvp race cuz the TEAM was undefeated.  Dalton was throwing BB’s in key holes that year and was lighting it up cuz he was protected and had time to throw and throw with confidence.  The niners were undefeated this year all the way up to 9-0 I believe and there was no mention of jimmy g in the mvp talk soo ur being philosophically inconsistent.

Well, Belicheck is in a win now mode.  He could bring in Dalton for a year or two, but he's not a long term answer.  I actually think Dalton would have a hard time in New England with their current team as they don't have any real weapons and we all know Dalton isn't carrying a team to the title.

Yes, Dalton was having a great year, but the minute he's not surrounded by a great roster (as you said, great line, great WRs, TE and RB.) you see the results.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2020, 03:31 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Well, Belicheck is in a win now mode.  He could bring in Dalton for a year or two, but he's not a long term answer.  I actually think Dalton would have a hard time in New England with their current team as they don't have any real weapons and we all know Dalton isn't carrying a team to the title.

Yes, Dalton was having a great year, but the minute he's not surrounded by a great roster (as you said, great line, great WRs, TE and RB.) you see the results.

If u fix the offensive line with our current roster healthy elsewhere Dalton would be back to winning games for us and a lot of em. More than anything dalton wasn’t protected so he couldn’t even get the ball to those great wr’s te’s etc. fix the offensive line and dalton is a winning qb however we have had the worst offensive line the last few years while at the same time dalton has been on a decline again that’s not just a coincidence. It’s simply cuz dalton has been protected period.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2020, 11:32 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: If u fix the offensive line with our current roster healthy elsewhere Dalton would be back to winning games for us and a lot of em.  More than anything dalton wasn’t protected so he couldn’t even get the ball to those great wr’s te’s etc.  fix the offensive line and dalton is a winning qb however we have had the worst offensive line the last few years while at the same time dalton has been on a decline again that’s not just a coincidence.  It’s simply cuz dalton has been protected period.

Yep, and then you have a 9-7, 8-8 type team and you're back to QB purgatory.  I guess you could spend a bunch of draft picks to move up and get a top tier guy in the draft.  Of course, that ruins your ability to build your team for a few years.

or

you could take Burrow at #1 and use the 2020, 2021 drafts with all of your picks to build the team,
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 09:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yep, and then you have a 9-7, 8-8 type team and you're back to QB purgatory.  I guess you could spend a bunch of draft picks to move up and get a top tier guy in the draft.  Of course, that ruins your ability to build your team for a few years.

or

you could take Burrow at #1 and use the 2020, 2021 drafts with all of your picks to build the team,

When dalton was protected with a good offensive line we went 12-4. I see us doing a lot better than .500 ball if we bring in a guy like chase young in with a couple of good offensive lineman from the draft coupled with Jonah Williams coming back maybe a linebacker in FA like Littleton and draft a guy like Akeem Davis gather or Jacob Phillips. I don’t think we are that far off and again I’m not opposed to drafting Burrow I just think success here in Cincinnati can be found two different ways. And imho the quickest way to that is keeping dalton protecting dalton and drafting chase young. U could also always get ur QBs next year as well. Just an option
Reply/Quote