Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals and Lions to coach at the Senior Bowl.
This is a great opportunity to see college players take what they learn in the class room and apply it to the field.

Cincyjungle has a breakdown that last years Senior Bowl produced 93 draft picks 40 in the first 3 rounds and 10 first round picks.

Accepted Invites.
https://www.seniorbowl.com/accepted-invites/

PFF Breakdown of some of the players.
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-grading-2020-senior-bowl-invitees

And Synric's list of players to watch:
LB Malik Harrison
LB Evan Weaver
LB Troy Dye
LB Anfernee Jennings
LB Jordan Brooks
OT Josh Jones
OT Prince Tego Wanogho
OT Kolton McKivitz
OT Trey Adam's
OL Shane Lemieux
OL Tremayne Anchrum
Edge Bradley Anae
Edge Terrell Lewis
Edge Alton Robinson 
Edge Josh Uche
Edge Marlon Davison
Edge Jabari Zuniga
Edge Zack Baun
CB AJ Green
CB Kristian Fulton
CB Terrell Burgess
WR Brandon Aiyuk
WR Denzel Mims
WR Michael Pittman
WR Collin Johnson
TE Bryant Harrison
QB Jordan Love
QB Shea Patterson
QB Steven Montez
QB Anthony Gordon
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Akeem Davis-Gaither LB App State
Reply/Quote
G John Simpson
S Ashtyn Davis
WR Antonio Gandy-Golden
Reply/Quote
I'm excited about this. This is where you can find really good value in the mid to late rounds based on things you picked up on during the week from interacting with the players.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 12:36 AM)Synric Wrote: This is a great opportunity to see college players take what they learn in the class room and apply it to the field.

Cincyjungle has a breakdown that last years Senior Bowl produced 93 draft picks 40 in the first 3 rounds and 10 first round picks.

Accepted Invites.

LB Malik Harrison
LB Evan Weaver
LB Troy Dye
LB Anfernee Jennings
LB Jordan Brooks
OT Josh Jones
OT Prince Tego Wanogho
OT Kolton McKivitz
OT Trey Adam's
OL Shane Lemieux
OL Tremayne Anchrum
Edge Bradley Anae
Edge Terrell Lewis
Edge Alton Robinson 
Edge Josh Uche
Edge Marlon Davison
Edge Jabari Zuniga
Edge Zack Baun
CB AJ Green
CB Kristian Fulton
CB Terrell Burgess
WR Brandon Aiyuk
WR Denzel Mims
WR Michael Pittman
WR Collin Johnson
TE Bryant Harrison
QB Jordan Love
QB Shea Patterson
QB Steven Montez
QB Anthony Gordon

That's a lot of players to watch. Perhaps easier to list who you are not watching.

I'll be watching my Cat Stenberg and the smaller kid schools. Alex Taylor is of particular interest. Also there's always a kid or 2 that blows up at the Shrine Game that gets the call.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 12:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's a lot of players to watch. Perhaps easier to list who you are not watching.

I'll be watching my Cat Stenberg and the smaller kid schools. Alex Taylor is of particular interest. Also there's always a kid or 2 that blows up at the Shrine Game that gets the call.

I thought the list was on the shorter side lol. This Senior Bowl has alot of guys that are gonna be playing on Sundays. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Great chance to dig out some lesser known gems.
Reply/Quote
Golden Gandy is a fun WR that should be a mid round pick.
Reply/Quote
Gonna keep a close eye on Adams.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 12:36 AM)Synric Wrote: This is a great opportunity to see college players take what they learn in the class room and apply it to the field.

Accepted Invites.

LB Malik Harrison
LB Evan Weaver
LB Troy Dye
LB Anfernee Jennings
LB Jordan Brooks
OT Josh Jones
OT Prince Tego Wanogho
OT Kolton McKivitz
OT Trey Adam's
OL Shane Lemieux
OL Tremayne Anchrum
Edge Bradley Anae
Edge Terrell Lewis
Edge Alton Robinson 
Edge Josh Uche
Edge Marlon Davison
Edge Jabari Zuniga
Edge Zack Baun
CB AJ Green
CB Kristian Fulton
CB Terrell Burgess
WR Brandon Aiyuk
WR Denzel Mims
WR Michael Pittman
WR Collin Johnson
TE Bryant Harrison
QB Jordan Love
QB Shea Patterson
QB Steven Montez
QB Anthony Gordon

Imagine if we drafted him and kept AJ Green at the same time.  Has there ever been 2 (or more players) with the same name on the same team before?
Reply/Quote
Listened to PK and Mills talking to the director of the Senior Bowl today and discovered the following:

They speak with Duke Tobin to decide invites and who is on which team

They are inviting Burrow. Not to play but to work with the Bengal staff for a week. They seem optimistic that Burrow will commit. But the indication is the Burrow group is doing this more for Joe to scout the staff than for the staff to scout Joe.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 01:59 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Listened to PK and Mills talking to the director of the Senior Bowl today and discovered the following:

They speak with Duke Tobin to decide invites and who is on which team

They are inviting Burrow. Not to play but to work with the Bengal staff for a week. They seem optimistic that Burrow will commit. But the indication is the Burrow group is doing this more for Joe to scout the staff than for the staff to scout Joe.

Great for both sides. They get to work together in a real football practice environment pre-draft instead of just a one day workout and combine workout/interviews.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 01:38 AM)Brandon00151 Wrote: Imagine if we drafted him and kept AJ Green at the same time.  Has there ever been 2 (or more players) with the same name on the same team before?

One that I know of because I got curious and looked it up :) ... There were two Roy Williams that played for Dallas in 2008.  Wide receiver Roy Williams and safety Roy Williams. RW the safety was injured most of the 2008 season though with a twice fractured arm. He then played for the Bengals during the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I don't get the concept of The Senior Bowl. You take a few Seniors, throw a new playbook at them, expect them to become a team in one week. I'm not sure this is the best way to judge talent. It's not important in the NFL to learn a new playbook in one week, so what's the point. I would not have players stock rise or fall over this Senior Bowl. You don't throw out everything these players have done, UNLESS you are Mike Brown of almost no scouts and you only scout the Senior Bowl Week. I know Bengals get all excited about it, but considering being team with no play-off wins in 30 years and most 0-4 starts in that time, maybe Bengals need to go less on the Senior Bowl and more on these players careers. Yes, that would take more scouting than just one week. The Combines are not the answer either unless you are building a Track and Field Team and not a Football Team. There is an old soul song that sums up Bengals scouting and all the college players. " If you don't know me by now, you will never ever know me at all ". One week scouting The Senior Bowl is the cheapest attempt at scouting ever, and maybe explains this franchises 30 years of futility.

So Zac walks up and throws them all a new playbook for one week. To me, a terrible way to judge talent.

That said, after they take QB-Burrow, they still have top picks every round. Names on here scouting lists agree on are the OT Wanogho, the true 4-3 LB Dye, and maybe at the top of 4 one of these WR's such as Aiyuk, Mims, Johnson. So if they get to see them in Senior Bowl, fine, but don't judge them on just the Senior Bowl Week, that would be stupid.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 12:21 PM)kevin Wrote: I don't get the concept of The Senior Bowl.  You take a few Seniors, throw a new playbook at them, expect them to become a team in one week.   I'm not sure this is the best way to judge talent.  It's not important in the NFL to learn a new playbook in one week, so what's the point.  I would not have players stock rise or fall over this Senior Bowl.   You don't throw out everything these players have done, UNLESS you are Mike Brown of almost no scouts and you only scout the Senior Bowl Week.   I know Bengals get all excited about it, but considering being team with no play-off wins in 30 years and most 0-4 starts in that time,  maybe Bengals need to go less on the Senior Bowl and more on these players careers.  Yes, that would take more scouting than just one week.  The Combines are not the answer either unless you are building a Track and Field Team and not a Football Team.   There is an old soul song that sums up Bengals scouting and all the college players.  " If you don't know me by now, you will never ever know me at all ".    One week scouting The Senior Bowl is the cheapest attempt at scouting ever, and maybe explains this franchises 30 years of futility.

So Zac walks up and throws them all a new playbook for one week.  To me, a terrible way to judge talent.

That said, after they take QB-Burrow,  they still have top picks every round.  Names on here scouting lists agree on are the OT Wanogho,  the true 4-3 LB Dye, and maybe at the top of 4 one of these WR's such as Aiyuk, Mims, Johnson.   So if they get to see them in Senior Bowl, fine, but don't judge them on just the Senior Bowl Week, that would be stupid.
The game is the least important event of the week

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 12:21 PM)kevin Wrote: I don't get the concept of The Senior Bowl.  You take a few Seniors, throw a new playbook at them, expect them to become a team in one week.   I'm not sure this is the best way to judge talent.

It has very little to do with the playbook...At the East West Shrine and Senior Bowls NFL teams get to run them through what is essentially a training camp practice. They get to see WRs against top corners, OL vs DL etc.

As for the playbook you get to see how quickly a player takes what they are learning in the class room and transfer it to the field which is very important because of the CBA and how long NFL teams are allowed to practice.

The East West Shrine and Senior Bowl are probably the two most important events during the draft season. 

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 01:26 PM)Synric Wrote: It has very little to do with the playbook...At the East West Shrine and Senior Bowls NFL teams get to run them through what is essentially a training camp practice. They get to see WRs against top corners, OL vs DL etc.

As for the playbook you get to see how quickly a player takes what they are learning in the class room and transfer it to the field which is very important because of the CBA and how long NFL teams are allowed to practice.

The East West Shrine and Senior Bowl are probably the two most important events during the draft season. 

Right, the playbook is actually a really basic book. I am pretty sure there are limits to what the offense and defense are even allowed to run to try and make it a little more "fair" due to the limited time. This is all about learning what the players already know, how they do it, and how coachable they are.
Reply/Quote
I usually do a scouting the all star games thread but instead I'll just do it here.

2020 East West Shrine Bowl (they changed the name this year lol) Practices start next week. Here are the accepted invites: 
https://www.ourlads.com/east-west-shrine-game/roster/2020

Some players to Watch:
OT Jack Driskoll
OT Calvin Throckmorton
OG Kevin Dotson
OG Michael Onwenu
WR Tyler Johnson
WR Lawrence Cager
LB Mykal Walker
LB John Houston
LB Shaquille Quarterman

Reply/Quote
The Draft Network East West Shrine Bowl listings and some players to watch by position groups. (I'll add more as they become available.)

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2020-eastwest-shrine-bowl-preview--safeties
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2020-eastwest-shrine-bowl-preview--wide-receivers
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2020-eastwest-shrine-bowl-preview--running-backs

Reply/Quote
First Jordan Love and Jalen Hurts now...Justin Herbert.

With a possibilty of Joe Burrow the 2020 Senior Bowl could have the best group of QBs in a long time.

Reply/Quote