Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals are a slow team
(11-17-2023, 11:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah. They’re a slow offense outside of Chase.

There is a ton of speed on that defense (CTB, Dax, Turner, etc).

(11-17-2023, 11:35 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: CTB, Turner, and Dax Hill all have elite speed according to their RAS scores...so that's just not true.

To be fair, Bengals drafted a ton of speed on offense this year, guys have just been hurt and havent been given reps. Charlie Jones, Chase Brown, and Yoshi all have elite speed. I think the Bengals knew they were lacking speed on offense and invested in trying to fix it...those guys just haven't been given opportunities or have been injured.

Truth, speed isn't our problem, we have tons of speed especially on Defense. Our secondary is crazy fast, our Linebackers roam well,
our DL is athletic. Chase, Chuck Sizzle, Iosivas are all extremely fast on Offense, our problem has been execution and not doing what
works instead of always playing predictable on Offense in the Shotgun and empty sets.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth, speed isn't our problem, we have tons of speed especially on Defense. Our secondary is crazy fast, our Linebackers roam well,
our DL is athletic. Chase, Chuck Sizzle, Iosivas are all extremely fast on Offense, our problem has been execution and not doing what
works instead of always playing predictable on Offense in the Shotgun and empty sets.

Agreed

We have issues for sure. Execution, chemistry, being young and inexperienced in positions, depth, among others. But I don't believe team speed is one of our bigger issues.

On offense, besides a couple games, 49ers and Bills a bit, we have trouble keeping opposing D's off balance. It still seems our running game and passing game aren't in Sync much.

On defense we're young in the secondary, have a pash rush that comes and goes a bit to much. And in many games that the offense has been a revolving 3 and out door, have been on the field to much.

And I still believe we're a couple top notch additions on the Oline away from A LOT of our problems going bye-bye. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agreed

We have issues for sure. Execution, chemistry, being young and inexperienced in positions, depth, among others. But I don't believe team speed is one of our bigger issues.

On offense, besides a couple games, 49ers and Bills a bit, we have trouble keeping opposing D's off balance. It still seems our running game and passing game aren't in Sync much.

On defense we're young in the secondary, have a pash rush that comes and goes a bit to much. And in many games that the offense has been a revolving 3 and out door, have been on the field to much.

And I still believe we're a couple top notch additions on the Oline away from A LOT of our problems going bye-bye. 

Well said brother. We have some problems, but speed isn't one of them. We are plenty fast. We aren't the Dolphins but who is?

And the Dolphins have fell to earth since that Broncos game when they put up 70 and we beat the team that beat them.

We add to the OL, add a new OL coach and do what works on Offense and we will be fine. On Defense we need to get after the 
passer more, add a good 3-tech and all of our guys tackle like Logan Wilson and we will be more than fine.
Reply/Quote
We look slower on offense than we really are because the scheme is not good and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. The plays take too long to execute, the formations tip the play and also hang the OL and backs out to dry. We actually have the skill players to succeed and these linemen are also good enough to succeed - in a system actually designed to play to their strengths (power for one) and not an inconsistent ,miss mash of stuff that has no identity.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/GridironGrading/status/1725578256047317394?t=szdeGcL7N7S4TdAP1ed6dQ&s=19

Bengals are dead last in RAS for offensive Lineman by a wide margin.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:56 PM)J24 Wrote: https://twitter.com/GridironGrading/status/1725578256047317394?t=szdeGcL7N7S4TdAP1ed6dQ&s=19

An eyeopener for sure
Reply/Quote
The Bengals, on the contrary, are a very fast team. I’ve never seen players run to the wrong places so quickly.
Reply/Quote
No coincidence the D has been mediocre or worse since the loss of Hubbard his stellar run D with a complimentary pass rush is sorely missed. He is always coming up big in high leverage moments may be most under appreciated Bengal since Justin Smith
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:56 PM)J24 Wrote: https://twitter.com/GridironGrading/status/1725578256047317394?t=szdeGcL7N7S4TdAP1ed6dQ&s=19

Wow, this one sort of surprised me. I suppose the visual tells the story.
Reply/Quote
The bengals defense can’t get off the field, they are now 30th in yards allowed per game. How many 20 plus yard plays have the allowed this year. You say our DB’s are fast, the. Why are opponent receivers wide open on almost every pass. I want to see a defense that play up on the line of scrimmage, like everyone does to our receivers. You can’t give them a 10 yard cushion and expect to stop a pass completion.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:25 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: The bengals defense can’t get off the field, they are now 30th in yards allowed per game.  How many 20 plus yard plays have the allowed this year.  You say our DB’s are fast, the. Why are opponent receivers wide open on almost every pass.  I want to see a defense that play up on the line of scrimmage, like everyone does to our receivers.  You can’t give them a 10 yard cushion and expect to stop a pass completion.

Last 2 weeks we have been repeatedly gashed on the edges Myles Murphy ehas allowed a few big play by losing lane integrity
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:50 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah several of the explosive plays came from a zone coverage that we allowed the WR to stop and sit in the hole in the zone.

Yeah, that same exact spot 20 yards down field on the right side.... 5 times.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Maybe, we can finally get a backup QB ready to play. We never seem to put any emphasis on a backup QB, and we pay the price, With another slow start to the season. Burrow should never have started the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:21 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Wow, this one sort of surprised me. I suppose the visual tells the story.

Buffalo was above the average line, but it’s not helping them get any wins
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:54 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Buffalo was above the average line, but it’s not helping them get any wins

For how unathletic the line is, it says they’re getting nearly more out of them than they should. If they were just scraping that line, I’d consider that impressive. But that line has to have athleticism injected into it

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
The bengals defense has allowed 33 rushes of +10 yards and 38 +20 yards passing. Tops in the NFL
Reply/Quote
That’s an average of 7.9 per game. Does anyone think that is an elite defense. Is the bend but don’t break defense mentality, working, I don’t think so.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:59 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: That’s an average of 7.9 per game. Does anyone think that is an elite defense. Is the bend but don’t break defense mentality, working, I don’t think so.

Yawn. This defense has never been elite. It steps up big in the playoffs. The defense isn’t the issue here. Burrow’s injuries killed the team this year.

But they do need more contributors on the d-line for sure. It can’t just be Trey, Sam, reader, and hill all the time

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 07:01 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Yawn. This defense has never been elite. It steps up big in the playoffs. The defense isn’t the issue here. Burrow’s injuries killed the team this year.

But they do need more contributors on the d-line for sure. It can’t just be Trey, Sam, reader, and hill all the time

They constantly get out of their rush lanes and make it easy for the QB to see the field or run. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:54 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Buffalo was above the average line, but it’s not helping them get any wins

Of course, a good OL alone cannot win games.
Reply/Quote