Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals are being slept on
HARD

We've won 6 of 8 and 4 of 5.

Three of our four losses were at the gun. We could very easily be 7-3, 8-2, or hell...even 9-1 right now.

Our offense is humming - we've scored 30 or more points in the last 4 of 5 games (some without Chase). Our defense is rock solid.

This team is well coached (least penalties in football) and full of leaders.

The national media won't talk about us. Fans from other teams still don't respect us.

I don't know of another team that is being slept on more than this Bengals team. We are ELITE and can beat ANYONE. Don't let anyone tell you (or not tell you) otherwise.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 04:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: HARD

Three of our four losses were at the gun. We could very easily be 7-3, 8-2, or hell...even 9-1 right now.

Our offense is humming - we've scored 30 or more points in the last 4 of 5 games (some without Chase). Our defense is rock solid.

The national media won't talk about us. Fans from other teams still don't respect us.

I don't know of another team that is being slept on more than this Bengals team. We are ELITE and can beat ANYONE. Don't let anyone tell you (or not tell you) otherwise.

Don't look now.....
https://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/insider/story/_/id/35069841/judging-nfl-week-11-overreactions-eagles-trouble

Quote:The Cincinnati Bengals are still the AFC's most dangerous team

The defending AFC champions avenged their lousy Week 1 loss to the Steelers with a 37-30 victory in Pittsburgh. It wasn't easy -- nothing with the Bengals is this year -- but even with top running back Joe Mixon out of the game for large stretches and star wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase still out with a hip injury, Joe BurrowTrey HendricksonTee Higgins and the Bengals found a way.
The Bengals improved their record to 6-4 -- still just one game behind the Baltimore Ravens for first place in the AFC North and, at the time their game ended, good enough to hold the No. 7 spot in the projected AFC playoff field, pending the result of Sunday night's Los Angeles Chargers-Kansas City Chiefs game.

Verdict: NOT AN OVERREACTION
They still have Burrow. They still have the memory of last January/February. They still have Chase coming back at some point soon. Cincinnati still has an uphill climb as a result of heartbreaking early-season losses to Pittsburgh, Dallas and Baltimore, but they have the ability and the self-belief to do the climbing. They might not catch the Ravens in the division. They might not have enough to go to Kansas City and win in the playoffs again this season. But no one's going to be comfortable having the Bengals in contention until someone knocks them out.
And Sunday's victory over an admittedly substandard Pittsburgh team showed that. You can laugh all you want about the Steelers, but the history between these two teams is real and it's painful for Cincinnati. It doesn't matter how tough it might be -- beating the Steelers tells you things are good right now with the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 04:20 PM)Stewy Wrote: Don't look now.....
https://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/insider/story/_/id/35069841/judging-nfl-week-11-overreactions-eagles-trouble

YUP
Reply/Quote
I mentioned in another thread, the Titans are the team I never hear anyone talk about. Maybe, as someone suggested, because they were pretty much division champs before the season started.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
They beat the Titans and Chiefs, they won’t be slept on any longer.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 04:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I mentioned in another thread, the Titans are the team I never hear anyone talk about.  Maybe, as someone suggested, because they were pretty much division champs before the season started.

The Titans don't have the credibility the Bengals (should) have. They didn't make the Super Bowl last year. They haven't beaten anyone in the playoffs. 

Let's be honest - they are a questionable team because of their quarterback and play style. No one believes in Tannehill. He is far from elite. 
Reply/Quote

I think a lot of fans look at the QBs of the teams we've beaten (Joe Flacco, Teddy Bridgewater [for over half the game anyway], Andy Dalton, Marcus Mariota, PJ Walker/Baker Mayfield and Kenny Pickett), as well as the QBs of 3 of the 4 teams we've lost to (Mitch Trubisky, Cooper Rush, Jacoby Brissett) and figure we're only 6-4 because of a cupcake schedule and that a good team would be 8-2 or 9-1 against that slate of games.

Then they look at our upcoming game, including 5 of the 6 teams currently ahead of us in the AFC playoff picture (KC, TEN, BAL, BUF, NE) + Deshaun Watson's Browns, a team that we've basically not beaten since Zac Taylor took over (maybe we did once?) + Tom Brady and probably think "we'll take them as seriously as we need to depending on how they handle this murderer's row of games.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 04:29 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: They beat the Titans and Chiefs, they won’t be slept on any longer.

I am honestly starting to think that might happen. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 04:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am honestly starting to think that might happen. 

I mean we are 6-1 outside our division. So no reason to think we can’t keep that going especially if our offense keeps up their pace. Defense kept us afloat early this season but offense is clicking even without Chase.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 04:20 PM)Stewy Wrote: Don't look now.....

Weezy and Stewy! Thanks for the great posts.
Reply/Quote
Bengals knocked out the Titans in the playoffs.... you know this is a big revenge game for them. Not talked about enough they will come out blocking hard for Henry.

Our protection is better so as long as we can put up 23+ points I feel like we can steal another W in Nashville.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote

PLEASE let them sleep on the Bengals.  I love it...
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:26 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Bengals knocked out the Titans in the playoffs.... you know this is a big revenge game for them.  Not talked about enough they will come out blocking hard for Henry.

Our protection is better so as long as we can put up 23+ points I feel like we can steal another W in Nashville.

Well, Tannehill had a horrible game in the playoffs with three interceptions and Henry was just back from injury. So, I'm sure the Titan fans feel optimistic for this game. 

On the Bengals side, it seems they do better the second time they face a team, just like they do in the second halves of games. 

Bigger game for the Bengals than for the Titans, who can sleepwalk and win their division.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:46 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, Tannehill had a horrible game in the playoffs with three interceptions and Henry was just back from injury. So, I'm sure the Titan fans feel optimistic for this game. 

On the Bengals side, it seems they do better the second time they face a team, just like they do in the second halves of games. 

Bigger game for the Bengals than for the Titans, who can sleepwalk and win their division.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t they have some injuries on that vaunted D-line that gave us all kind of trouble last year?
Reply/Quote
Just have to keep them from getting 10 sacks. 9 seems to be the threshold.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
After we beat the Titans the national media will wake up.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:49 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t they have some injuries on that vaunted D-line that gave us all kind of trouble last year?

Yes I believe they lost 1-2 players from the playoff game.  Although I haven't done the research myself.... but I did hear that as well.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Just have to keep them from getting 10 sacks.  9 seems to be the threshold.

Thanks for the reminder.  9 sacks and I think 1 or 2 got wiped out by penalties.  
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:26 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Bengals knocked out the Titans in the playoffs.... you know this is a big revenge game for them.  Not talked about enough they will come out blocking hard for Henry.

I thought about the revenge factor a couple of weeks ago. The Titans are a good team and the thought of them playing with a chip on they're shoulder is a little scary. I just saw someone saying they're secondary is banged up so I our protection can hold up this may be a game where we can't be stopped thru the air.
Reply/Quote

Weezy, ROCK ON.  Rock On

It is the truth, It is alright though, we will gain the respect we deserve.
Reply/Quote