Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals are facing Nick Mullens this week
(12-12-2023, 03:02 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Is Justin Jefferson playing?  He left the Raiders game to get his ribs X-Rayed from getting them cracked when Dobbs hung him out to dry. Reportedly, Jefferson said he won't catch another pass from Dobbs.

Jefferson injured vs. Raiders

Vikings can't count on Jefferson injured again.  With Dobbs benched, this will be this 3rd QB's first start this season.  The Vikings offense stinks at the moment.  So Bengals should get a WIN in THE JUNGLE in this one.  That would put Bengals at 8-6 on the season wouldn't it.  I think so.  

Vikings would love to have Browning, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon.   In fact that pass AJ McCarron threw looked better than Vikings QB's lately.   Bengals are in better shape to WIN in Cincinnati in THE JUNGLE.   The Vikings are all messed up.  The Dobbs Hype that lasted a few weeks has came crashing down and Vikings have lost all faith in him. 

I added and started Dobbs Sunday in fantasy football due to the hype that Jefferson was back. Well, Jefferson wasn't back for long. I didn't have Jefferson, but I had Hobbs and he stinks. The Vikings offense is awful coming into Cincinnati. I don't see Vikings beating any team in NFL right now. Even The Jets offense is better than Vikings and that's pretty bad.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 01:03 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Looking for my humble hat to put on, ah,, there it is. They go into this game with a big head and they will get embarrassed. Everybody should know the drill by now, any NFL team can beat any other NFL team on any given day. They should win but better not take them lightly.

They sure can.  Look no further than last night for two prime examples of that.  But, I have faith that this team has its heads screwed on right.  No sense of entitlement or divas in this bunch.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 03:24 PM)kevin Wrote: Vikings can't count on Jefferson injured again.  With Dobbs benched, this will be this 3rd QB's first start this season.  The Vikings offense stinks at the moment.  So Bengals should get a WIN in THE JUNGLE in this one.  That would put Bengals at 8-6 on the season wouldn't it.  I think so.  

Vikings would love to have Browning, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon.   In fact that pass AJ McCarron threw looked better than Vikings QB's lately.   Bengals are in better shape to WIN in Cincinnati in THE JUNGLE.   The Vikings are all messed up.  The Dobbs Hype that lasted a few weeks has came crashing down and Vikings have lost all faith in him. 

I added and started Dobbs Sunday in fantasy football due to the hype that Jefferson was back.  Well, Jefferson wasn't back for long.  I didn't have Jefferson, but I had Hobbs and he stinks.  The Vikings offense is awful coming into Cincinnati.  I don't see Vikings beating any team in NFL right now. Even The Jets offense is better than Vikings and that's pretty bad.

Yes, with a win we'll be 8-6, and heading to Shitzburgh to play the Squeelers

So it's safe to say with the Vegas line Cincy -4 and the o/u 38.5 you'd take Cincy winning by at least 5 points and the under as the Vikings may not score a TD.

I could see it as a 34-6 game, with it unfolding just like it did against the Colts.  I'm taking Cincy -4 and the Over
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 11:55 AM)kevin Wrote: Sunday star WR Jefferson reinjured himself early in the game. That is huge because in 2022 Jefferson was easily the most productive WR in the NFL. Vikings also lost their starting QB and were going with Dobbs who did OK a coupe games. Since then Dobbs has been bad and Vikings considering benching him. That finally happened in Sundays game as he could not complete any passes. In 2nd half Dobbs was benched. Vikings went to now a 3rd QB and the Vikings vs Raiders game ended 3 to 0. Vikings hoped Jefferson back would help Dobbs, but Jefferson injured again very fast. I doubt Bengals see Dobbs Sunday because Vikings are sick of him. Vikings go to 3rd starting QB this season.

So Bengals don't have Burrow, but Vikings come into Cincinnati all messed up. To say they miss Jefferson and their starting quarterback is an under statement. Vikings can't complete any passes and score no points, and have no offense.

At least Browning, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon and others are moving the ball and scoring some points. Vikings against Raiders was worst scoring NFL game in decades, and it had nothing to do with weather in a domed stadium.

GO BENGALS

Tiger

Any given Sunday, that is the NFL, these are elite athletes at this level of football, what do you think they were writing about us with Browning taking over, Higgins out etc.. and we beat the Jags... last nite a Tenn team down two scores at Miami late in game, they win... Bears torch Lions over the weekend... in the NFL each week there seems to be a major underdog win... Yes feel confident but backups are still NFL athletes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 03:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Any given Sunday, that is the NFL, these are elite athletes at this level of football, what do you think they were writing about us with Browning taking over, Higgins out etc.. and we beat the Jags... last nite a Tenn team down two scores at Miami late in game, they win... Bears torch Lions over the weekend... in the NFL each week there seems to be a major underdog win... Yes feel confident but backups are still NFL athletes.

Very true, as to "ANY GIVEN Sunday,"  but we're a different beast when our backs are against the wall.  We could win out and barely squeak in at a 7th seed, so I see us playing for our post-season lives. 
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 01:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think his dad played basketball for St. John's back in the day...

You could'nt say that he played for the Warriors? Saying St. Johns makes me feel older.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 01:03 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Looking for my humble hat to put on, ah,, there it is. They go into this game with a big head and they will get embarrassed. Everybody should know the drill by now, any NFL team can beat any other NFL team on any given day. They should win but better not take them lightly.

WERDD!

(12-12-2023, 03:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Any given Sunday, that is the NFL, these are elite athletes at this level of football, what do you think they were writing about us with Browning taking over, Higgins out etc.. and we beat the Jags... last nite a Tenn team down two scores at Miami late in game, they win... Bears torch Lions over the weekend... in the NFL each week there seems to be a major underdog win... Yes feel confident but backups are still NFL athletes.

PREACH!
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 05:46 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: You could'nt say that he played for the Warriors? Saying St. Johns makes me feel older.

Even more recently he played for the Pacers... Of course that was damn near 30 years ago too... So we are old.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 03:28 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: They sure can.  Look no further than last night for two prime examples of that.  But, I have faith that this team has its heads screwed on right.  No sense of entitlement or divas in this bunch.  

This isn't anywhere near that.  Maybe the Bengals should win, but it's not like "an any given Sunday" moment if they lose.  I'm thinking the Vikings D is pretty solid.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 06:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: This isn't anywhere near that.  

I didn't think it was.  Mine was more a testament about the NFL in general, as was witnessed last night, but perhaps that sentiment didn't come across.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 12:44 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Nick has had some nice moments but has never been able to really put it together. This is good for Cincinnati. Also, before anyone comes in saying "Cincinnati is horrible against backup QBs, this is bad news!" I went ahead and aggregated the data for Cincinnati against backup QBs. Since 2010, backup QBs have thrown for 56 TDs and 52 INTs with a 55% completion percentage. This ends with a 69 passer rating. Backup QBs are historically awful against Cincinnati, we just don't remember those. We only remember the Mike White games.

Yeah, Truck also posted some numbers showing that the backup QB's beating us all the time is simply not true.

We need to watch Mullens tape this week though and prepare for him like we did with Minshew who I actually think is a good QB.

But we made mince meat of Minshew pretty much except the one drive where Trey extended it.
Reply/Quote
Mullens was the Vikings number 2 QB entering the season, but was out with an injury when Cousins went down. He has made 17 starts and won 5 games. He broke Favre's single-season college records for passing yardage and TD passes.

When you hear he's the Vikings 4th QB this year, it sounds promising, until you realize he went into the season as number 2 and has started 17 times in his career.
Reply/Quote
Zac kept it short and sweet when talking about Brian Flores. Seems like there's still some bad blood from 2020. I wouldn't be too surprised if Zac tries to pour it on the Minnesota defense if we get ahead.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Oh no! Not Nick "Joe Montana" Mullens!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Wasn't he that character in that Fox sitcom a few years ago called "New Girl" ? I guess this is his tryout for "New Guy."
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Give his backup ass HELL on Saturday

Trey needs to take up residence right down the street from his ass. Take visits back and forth to a fro his ass OFTEN please
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 03:24 PM)kevin Wrote: With Dobbs benched, this will be this 3rd QB's first start this season.

They had Jaren Hall start a game and he got knocked out with a concussion. So Mullens would be their 4th QB to start this season. Jefferson apparently might play, but I like the Bengals odds against Mullens.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 01:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think his dad played basketball for St. John's back in the day...

No, Nick Mullens is not related to Chris Mullin.  
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2023, 02:50 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: No, Nick Mullens is not related to Chris Mullin.  

Joe Burrow is no relation to Joe Burrows, either..  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2023, 02:50 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: No, Nick Mullens is not related to Chris Mullin.  

Correct.

That was a joke.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote