Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals are in position
(04-30-2021, 03:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Hmm.  What changed when Zac took over.

Wins became less frequent...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, we went from being competitive to completely craptacular, for starters..  Mellow

It’s rebuilding. It might take 50 years like the Browns — but it’s a rebuild.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I completely understand the criticism of Taylor, and said the day we drafted him that I would try to give him 3 years to see measurable success in terms of the win/loss category, considering the horrible roster he inherited. My biggest apprehension is obviously the record, but also the failure to hold a lead. I have had concerns with the run/pass ratio, but when working with a line like we've had, it makes it tough to commit to the run when you have such little confidence to gain positive yardage on the ground, especially when working with a defense that allows the opposing team to score in such quick fashion. I'm hoping with improved line play, that the play calling naturally looks better w/ better execution. Without execution, a good play can look bad and untimely. It seems that when the line play has improved in short spans, that the running game has been featured more and looked more effective (maybe a chicken/egg scenario though). While I'm not necessarily trying to endorse Taylor here, I will say that the players have seemed to play hard for him during some times where the collective team has little to play for (although I understand that this can often be more indicative of player's individualistic goals). Fair or not, I'm willing to support Taylor to start the season and see what's in store for the progress or lack thereof before wielding my pitchfork.
Reply/Quote