Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals are irrelevant
Just watched the opening to ESPN Sunday NFL countdown, and it's like the Bengals don't even exist.
I mean, at the very least, just the fact that it's a London game should warrant SOME mention, right?
Reply/Quote
They are too relevant! To this message board, and to this message board only. I really wanted to watch a Berman highlight this year but I will not watch one until the Bungles win. Even so, he will have a sarcastic remark for them for sure.

This year, I just hope to beat the Browns. Their remaining schedule after today is so damn easy they could still make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Not true. They just talked about AJ for a whole 11 seconds. But, only as he relates to a trade possibility. "Wouldn't he look great in a Patriot uniform?" was the specific comment.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:08 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Just watched the opening to ESPN Sunday NFL countdown, and it's like the Bengals don't even exist.
I mean, at the very least, just the fact that it's a London game should warrant SOME mention, right?

I now get why the NFL wants to have abroad games. They want to bury those teams they don't esteem while still getting some profits.   Muahaha
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:09 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: They are too relevant! To this message board, and to this message board only. I really wanted to watch a Berman highlight this year but I will not watch one until the Bungles win. Even so, he will have a sarcastic remark for them for sure.

This year, I just hope to beat the Browns. Their remaining schedule after today is so damn easy they could still make the playoffs.

Berman even stole Eisaison's nickname.  Say What
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:17 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Berman even stole Eisaison's nickname.  Say What

Esiason should have stayed with his given name, Norman.  Then we could have all tabbed him as Norman Bates, for the way he sliced up opposing defenses.  Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
To be honest, they don't deserve anything but public backlash on these shows at this point. If they aren't getting grilled, they shouldn't talk about them.

There's a LOT of talent out there that's very enjoyable to watch... Bengals are extremely far down that list.
Reply/Quote
We've been largely irrelevant for 30 years. Fans on this board thing the Steelers are concerned with what the Bengals do. The Steelers generally laugh at us. Laugh at Burfict.

The only time we were relevant was after Marvin got here and we made the playoffs since it was kind of a novelty. Then after losing a bunch of playoff games...irrelevance.

I suspect that those in the know in the NFL are laughing at ZT and his staff.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:08 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Just watched the opening to ESPN Sunday NFL countdown, and it's like the Bengals don't even exist.

I still remember Perry Mason's line  ... "Incompetent, irrelevant and immaterial".

Methinks that the above describes the Bengals to  'T'.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:38 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: I still remember Perry Mason's line  ... "Incompetent, irrelevant and immaterial".

Methinks that the above describes the Bengals to  'T'.

It's honestly a wonder why we spend time on these boards.

Not sure I'm watching the game today. It's nice here so I do something else.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's honestly a wonder why we spend time on these boards.

It Tiger Woods was finishing up his round at 1PM EST I would not be watching the junk Bungles field. Be like me, turn the game off at half time. Someday, we will not even start it.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 12:08 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It Tiger Woods was finishing up his round at 1PM EST I would not be watching the junk Bungles field. Be like me, turn the game off at half time. Someday, we will not even start it.

You misspelled Bengals, idiot.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 12:18 PM)WhoDey Wrote: you misspelled Bengal's.... idiot

Says the person with incorrect punctuation, one of us was trying. :andy:
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's TV and people aren't interested in hearing about a loser franchise run by the biggest loser in NFL history.

Reply/Quote
Dalton's gotta go. Zac Taylor's gotta hand over play calling to Callahan..Anarumo needs canned.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's honestly a wonder why we spend time on these boards.

Misery loves company!
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:13 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Not true. They just talked about AJ for a whole 11 seconds.  But, only as he relates to a trade possibility.  "Wouldn't he look great in a Patriot uniform?" was the specific comment.

While I genuinely would like to see AJ go somewhere and win in the post-season, the thought of him in a Patsies uni nasiates me...
"In my mind, I'm already there"
Reply/Quote
All joking aside, how can we be irrelevant when we are the absolute worst?  We have the worst record in the league, we aren't some 3-5 ho-hum team that isn't doing much, we are 0-8 and the absolute pits and gunning for the 1st overall pick.  We're relevant for you know...bad stuff.

(10-27-2019, 07:47 PM)Edge Wrote: While I genuinely would like to see AJ go somewhere and win in the post-season, the thought of him in a Patsies uni nasiates me...

To each his own, but the Patriots are the bane of the Steelers...the amount of agony every Patriots victory causes Steelers fans makes them beyond lovable in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: To each his own, but the Patriots are the bane of the Steelers...the amount of agony every Patriots victory causes Steelers fans makes them beyond lovable in my opinion.

Yep, these past 20 years the Pats have been the firewall that kept the Steelers from winning more than they did.  All hail the Pats.

Re our relevance or lack thereof:  let us lose another three or four games and the media will start talking about us.  Then we'll get coverage up to the point we win or clinch the 0-16 record.  If the latter occurs, they won't stop talking about us all winter and into training camp.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote