Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals are too soft.
(11-12-2018, 03:58 PM)Griever Wrote: What is it with bengals fans always bringing up 6 rings

Fans of the Bengals would never change teams just to say they were representing a winning franchise like most of the bandwagon fan base of the Stee;ers do. Bengals fans are the real fans
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 04:25 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Fans of the Bengals would never change teams just to say they were representing a winning franchise like most of the bandwagon fan base of the Stee;ers do. Bengals fans are the real fans

This isn't even the right way to use bandwagon smack talk.

Anyone born around 1960 and onward would have watched the Steelers perform as one of the few premier franchises since they were kids. They wouldn't be fans of other teams and jump on the Steelers' bandwagon when things got good - things would have always been good and they would have been Steelers fans from the start. Calling someone who has been a fan since childhood a bandwagoner doesn't really work.

While it's still losing smack regardless, the better approach is to suggest Steelers fans would stop being fans if the team wasn't good. Every home Steeler game since the 70's has been sold out and the Steelers have never been bad for long, so finding evidence to support this approach is still tough. You can try to point to very specific instances where the Steelers are losing by a lot late in the game and the camera pans to people already starting to leave as proof they aren't real fans. I will warn you though this is referred to as the Bra....err umm …. the complete moron approach and will have even Bengals fans telling you that you should feel embarrassed.

Good luck if you decide to stick around in smack.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 04:43 PM)6andcounting Wrote: This isn't even the right way to use bandwagon smack talk.

Anyone born around 1960 and onward would have watched the Steelers perform as one of the few premier franchises since they were kids. They wouldn't be fans of other teams and jump on the Steelers' bandwagon when things got good - things would have always been good and they would have been Steelers fans from the start. Calling someone who has been a fan since childhood a bandwagoner doesn't really work.

While it's still losing smack regardless, the better approach is to suggest Steelers fans would stop being fans if the team wasn't good. Every home Steeler game since the 70's has been sold out and the Steelers have never been bad for long, so finding evidence to support this approach is still tough. You can try to point to very specific instances where the Steelers are losing by a lot late in the game and the camera pans to people already starting to leave as proof they aren't real fans. I will warn you though this is referred to as the Bra....err umm …. the complete moron approach and will have even Bengals fans telling you that you should feel embarrassed.

I guess talking smack is you telling everyone how great you are because you are a fan of a good team while they are fans of a bad team. Good luck with that.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 03:58 PM)Griever Wrote: What is it with bengals fans always bringing up 6 rings

It's such a smack talk noob move. Every JNer that comes down here does it like clockwork. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 04:59 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I guess talking smack is you telling everyone how great you are because you are a fan of a good team while they are fans of a bad team. Good luck with that.
Catwoman, you might be part of the problem with the Bengals poor history. If you and the people of Sincinnati  would show Andy Dalton more respect, things might be different. If you don't believe me ask the president of the Andy Dalton fan club, the real deal, he'll tell ya.

Browns > Bengals

Andy Dalton deserves more respect in the city of Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:21 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Catwoman, you might be part of the problem with the Bengals poor history. If you and the people of Sincinnati  would show Andy Dalton more respect, things might be different. If you don't believe me ask the president of the Andy Dalton fan club, the real deal, he'll tell ya.

Browns > Bengals

Why do i always imagine you laughing hysterically at your own posts, as you type them?  Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 07:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why do i always imagine you laughing hysterically at your own posts, as you type them?  Mellow

When I'm actually typing these gems I do chuckle from time to time. I get a good laugh at the reply's. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:21 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Catwoman, you might be part of the problem with the Bengals poor history. If you and the people of Sincinnati  would show Andy Dalton more respect, things might be different. If you don't believe me ask the president of the Andy Dalton fan club, the real deal, he'll tell ya.

Browns > Bengals

By the looks of your “sig” you are my first follower.

Did you miss me? I knew your fascination with me was unhealthy, but this is just out of bounds.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 12:49 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I do remember the Bill Murray avatar, but I don't remember who had it. I didn't post a lot back then.

That was Steely J, but he was not the 'Steel guy' that you mentioned earlier. That was Steelman.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 10:20 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: By the looks of your “sig” you are my first follower.

Did you miss me? I knew your fascination with me was unhealthy, but this is just out of bounds.

Every time I see your sig about your devotion to dalton the word "hick" comes to mind. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 04:43 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Anyone born around 1960 and onward would have watched the Steelers perform as one of the few premier franchises since they were kids. They wouldn't be fans of other teams and jump on the Steelers' bandwagon when things got good - things would have always been good and they would have been Steelers fans from the start. Calling someone who has been a fan since childhood a bandwagoner doesn't really work.

LOL good point. Even the very few occasional bad years had their silver linings.  The 6-10 2003 season gave them Ben--scourge of the AFN tha last 15 years. 

Among Steeler fans, though, there are "bad times." Think of those back to back 8-8 seasons, AFC championship losses and the like.  The standards are different from Bengals' fans. So the pain is relative. Seven years without a Superbowl appearance is just as hard on Steeler fans as 26 years without a playoff win on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 06:10 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Every time I see your sig about your devotion to dalton the word "hick" comes to mind. ThumbsUp

So if I’m the hick (I’m not sure because you’re hard to follow) does that make you a hick lover? How does it feel to be infatuated with a hick Andy Dalton apologist?

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 04:43 PM)6andcounting Wrote: This isn't even the right way to use bandwagon smack talk.

No rational person would ever say every Steelers fan is bandwagon. No doubt there are hundreds of thousands that were there from day one--being a sports fan--and just as many that were born in Pittsburgh. That doesn't really discount the other hundreds of thousands that latch on because they win a lot and have the most SB trophies. Case in point, my nephew. He was born around the Bay area in Cali and moved back here when he was around 10 or so. I'm not sure who or if he ever liked anyone else but he's a Steelers fan right now and has been for several years. 

(11-13-2018, 07:58 PM)Dill Wrote: Seven years without a Superbowl appearance is just as hard on Steeler fans as 26 years without a playoff win on the Bengals.

That's typically referred to as entitlement.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 09:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No rational person would ever say every Steelers fan is bandwagon. No doubt there are hundreds of thousands that were there from day one--being a sports fan--and just as many that were born in Pittsburgh. That doesn't really discount the other hundreds of thousands that latch on because they win a lot and have the most SB trophies. Case in point, my nephew. He was born around the Bay area in Cali and moved back here when he was around 10 or so. I'm not sure who or if he ever liked anyone else but he's a Steelers fan right now and has been for several years. 

That's typically referred to as entitlement.

I live in the Pittsburgh area now, but I grew up in Montana. We had no pro teams, so I began following the Steelers in the 70s.   A good choice at the time, and it's stood the test of time.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 12:37 AM)Dill Wrote: I live in the Pittsburgh area now, but I grew up in Montana. We had no pro teams, so I began following the Steelers in the 70s.   A good choice at the time, and it's stood the test of time.

Because they were winning super bowls.

BANDWAGON!!!!!11!!11!!!!1!!!!!!!1111!11111

Reply/Quote
How many people in this country live in area's that don't have a pro team. Wouldn't it only be natural that those people who are football fans gravitate or take up with teams that are winning a lot? Whats it matter about "band wagon". Maybe a person changed their mind for some reason. Who cares.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 07:35 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: How many people in this country live in area's that don't have a pro team. Wouldn't it only be natural that those people who are football fans gravitate or take up with teams that are winning a lot?  Whats it matter about "band wagon". Maybe a person changed their mind for some reason. Who cares.

Its like the fans who go and buy the gear of the national champs of the ncaa. If the wear their gear it makes them feel like winners too. Bandwagon fans explained.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 07:35 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: How many people in this country live in area's that don't have a pro team. Wouldn't it only be natural that those people who are football fans gravitate or take up with teams that are winning a lot? Whats it matter about "band wagon". Maybe a person changed their mind for some reason. Who cares.

Looks like we’ve found the bandwagon driver, boys. All aboard Steelers “fans”! It’s ok to change teams like wind changes direction!

Why embarrass other true Steelers fans attempting to condone being a band wagoner?

Deny, deflect and deny again. They all know the rules. Why don’t you?

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 08:24 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You are probably right. I bet you are like the guy who follows around a bully and gets a kick in after the bully destroys someone so you can puff up and act like a bad azz too. I know you and most of the gloating fans who come to this board  personally have six rings and are personally involved in every game, insuring victory. Someday we Bengals fans will switch to being Steelers fans so we too can feel superior to others in our pathetic lives.

[Image: A-Christmas-Story-Scut-Farkus-and-Grover...80-711.png]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 06:50 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: The reason the Bengals never can maintain any level of success is because they are too soft. AJ won't play this week because of a ingrown toenail. Just like Carrot Top didn't play in that playoff game because of a hang nail. Contrast that with HOF'ER  Fat Jen who played this past week with a broken finger then went out and destroyed the Ravens. Couple that with Vontez Birthdefect being neutered by JUJU and lost his desire to play, your looking at a team that just wants to go through the motions, collect their pay checks and not get injured. This is the culture of the Bengals. Sorry about your luck.

Hey balls of steel,anytime stink=dog and do not disrespect Sarah Huckabee.You are just a dog.You just know how to be nasty to honest good people,you do not cause me to fear you or your being nasty to good people.Here is what you do not understand.Football 101 starts with the lines,without superior lines no team can win,the best line on offense are one,your stinkin stoolers,the saints,the rams,the titans,you know teams that win,by the way,get off here and go back to your stoolers. Cool :paul:
Reply/Quote