Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals are who they are
(12-05-2017, 02:35 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Eh, I've always defended Dalton but honestly I'm over it. 

Why should we settle for "wasn't the problem" at QB?

Fire Marvin and Bring in someone fresh to play QB. 

Maybe we can see what we have in Ross the next couple games since the season is over, unless of course Marvin still has him in his Doghouse.

Dalton was an asset tonight. Period. Had 2 TDs, was robbed of a 3rd. 96 passer rating. Should've been 300 yards, 3 scores and over 100 rating, but you know...Refs.

I'm seriously done this time. Good night folks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton was an asset tonight. Period. Had 2 TDs, was robbed of a 3rd. 96 passer rating. Should've been 300 yards, 3 scores and over 100 rating, but you know...Refs.

I'm seriously done this time. Good night folks.

Excuses.

Just like every primetime game, every playoff game, every Steelers game. 

When it mattered most, ALL of the second half and especially the last 5 minutes, Dalton could do nothing. I mean your really gonna take a sack with 2:30 to go on our 15 in a tie game where you know a punt basically puts them a play out of field goal range? Throw it up and attempt to make a play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’ll be honest i never once thought we were going to win this game even up 17. After that green play i thought maybe but after that hold i knew it was over
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:45 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Excuses.

Just like every primetime game, every playoff game, every Steelers game. 

When it mattered most, ALL of the second half and especially the last 5 minutes, Dalton could do nothing. I mean your really gonna take a sack with 2:30 to go on our 15 in a tie game where you know a punt basically puts them a play out of field goal range? Throw it up and attempt to make a play.

The fire was out of the bengals players by then....they didn't expect to win...

There was seriously an illegal shift call in the 4th against Uzomah and no one on the offense moved.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Mandy played well tonight for once. Problem is he can't throw an accurate ball over 20 yards. Kanta 2.0. Great guy medicore player
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:50 AM)Synric Wrote: The fire was out of the bengals players by then....they didn't expect to win...

There was seriously an illegal shift call in the 4th against Uzomah and no one on the offense moved.

So many bullshit call this game. 

Maybe all my Dalton hate is because I'm in a really bad mood after having to watch the Bengals dominate then end up pulling a classic Bengals second half, 0 adjustments for us and the right ones by the opposing team.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:33 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Refs didn't push Ben from behind well after the ball was out.

Refs didn't elect to not tackle Bell running down the sideline

Refs didn't commit blatant defensive PI calls.

Refs didn't take a sack on 3rd and 2 when the QB needs to nut up and run for it.

Refs didnt drop a routine catch on a potential game winning drive.

The refs did us no favors in this one, but they weren't the reason we lost.

As to the OP, completely agree. This team will go nowhere with this coaching staff. They will continue to fold in the second half, they will continue to be undisciplined and make boneheaded plays.

Ideally, next year we have a completely new coaching staff. We'll have a high draft pick. I'd personally take O-Line, but if a new coach wants his own QB I'd be for it. I think Dalton has showed that he can be good enough. I really don't see this team as being THAT far off. With a competent coaching staff, and a better O-Line (and to be fair, the O-Line has actually played nicely and has been improving of late) this team would be right in the thick of things in a bad AFC conference.

Thank you Marvin Lewis for taking us out of the gutter. But you've taken us as far as you ever will. We need a coach that will help take the next step.

Perfectly sums up my current thoughts. Very well said
Reply/Quote
For once I would like to see the Bengals overcome bad calls to win the game. Just once, but they have no fortitude. None of those calls put the game out of reach and both the offense and defense had opportunities to make plays to secure a win but neither did. We had no spark on special teams either. There were a few assists from the refs, but after the Bengals' last FG it was a total team meltdown.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:19 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Too many penalties, dumb plays by players and no halftime adjustments. No need to worry they wont win with Lewis. Crazy putting up with this Lewis for 15 seasons. This organization is the joke of the NFL.

halftime adjustments are myth, Just ask marvin.  Coaches don't really do that.

This is just a typical bengals game.  Find a way to lose.  Lets get up in the first 1/2 and then play the 2nd 1/2 to not lose.  

I got to give the steelers props for the final drive.  They were setting up for the win.   Drive down, eat the clock and kick a field goal with no time left.   
If only Marvin could learn clock management like that.

not sure we are the joke of the nfl yet. We have the browns, 49ers, and Bears still ahead of us in that race. We are working our way back to it though. Take out the last two years and we have done very well. Could put up an argument about being the joke of playoff team. 5 and done. I will give you that.

Could also say joke of the steelers (they have owned since Marvin took over.
Reply/Quote
Dalton played well. Wasn't the reason we lost. Also isn't good enough to compensate for others. Refs stunk but made bad calls against Steelers as well.

Too many dumb plays I can't remember too many games where the other team made more head scratching plays than the bengals. It is unbelievable how many blooper plays the bengals make.
Reply/Quote
Starvin' Marvin with another 2nd half snooze with ZERO adjustments.

No way the refs were letting the Patriots get a leg up on the Stoolers.

Mike Brown, please choke on your vomit you worthless POS!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:12 AM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: For once I would like to see the Bengals overcome bad calls to win the game.  Just once, but they have no fortitude.  None of those calls put the game out of reach and both the offense and defense had opportunities to make plays to secure a win but neither did.  We had no spark on special teams either.  There were a few assists from the refs, but after the Bengals' last FG it was a total team meltdown.

No kidding. The Steelers played the entire game, thinking their teammate might be paralyzed from the waist down, yet they go their shit together and won.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:20 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I sat here tonight and said to myself - "give me a coach and QB with some ***** BALLS"

3rd and 2 game on the line and Dalton takes a sack.

I don't give a shit who it is, but lets bring in a QB and OC that can get the job done.  We are running shotgun pretty much most of the time now, so it shouldn't be that damn hard to find a good college QB.

Give me any of the following:

Rosen
Mayfield
Jackson

Jackson worries me a little, but he would really scare the shit out of some defenses .
Pretty much the dumbest post ever
Reply/Quote