Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals as spoilers
Steelers lost to Raiders leaving them only a 1/2 game in the lead of the AFC North. Their next 2 games are home against the Pats and away in New Orleans.

The could be playing for a playoff berth in that final game against us.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It would be amazing if the Steelers didn't make the playoffs!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It would be amazing if the Steelers didn't make the playoffs!

that would be the only thing that would make this season worthwhile

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Pass. A win just means a lower draft pick at this point.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:48 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Pass. A win just means a lower draft pick at this point.

GTFO.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we beat the Steelers in the final week of the year, all that will do is convince Mikey to keep Marvin and we'll be right back here in December next year.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:48 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Pass. A win just means a lower draft pick at this point.

(12-09-2018, 09:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: GTFO.

Yep. Im all for a lower draft pick but anytime we can beat the Steelers I am all in, especially if it means knocking them out of the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
We aren’t beating the Steelers. Lol
Reply/Quote
Oh C'mon.. We're a lock for the super bowl this season and if we actually make it there NOBODY in the entire world will doubt the league is fixed.. 
I firmly believe it's fixed, but not THAT fixed..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:01 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Yep. Im all for a lower draft pick but anytime we can beat the Steelers I am all in, especially if it means knocking them out of the playoffs.

No doubt. Knocking the Steelers out of the playoffs would be worth 2-3 spots in the draft. 

l will NEVER root for the Bengals to lose
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Bengals will not win another game with Marvin Lewis and Hue Jackson on staff. If they are still coaching in 2019 the Bengals will go 0-16.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. Knocking the Steelers out of the playoffs would be worth 2-3 spots in the draft. 

l will NEVER root for the Bengals to lose

I have talked myself into it a couple times with the hope of Marvin getting fired but everytime like 30 seconds into the game all that is out the window and all of a sudden I hate our opponent and find myself all in rooting for a Bengals win, so yea I have tried but never can root for a loss once the game starts.
Reply/Quote
we win out we likely win division Just need Steelers to lose out Ravens to lose 2 of 3 and Bengals too win out. Least likely of the 3 is us winning out.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If we beat the Steelers in the final week of the year, all that will do is convince Mikey to keep Marvin and we'll be right back here in December next year.

Marvin has already lost to the Steelers like 30 times, what's one more going to do to get him fired?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Marvin has already lost to the Steelers like 30 times, what's one more going to do to get him fired?

Nothing.

But him WINNING would be viewed as a turning point to Mike.

And the last thing we need is for any perceived "turning points" for Merv. We just need him gone.
Reply/Quote
Smile 
Would anyone change their mind on Marvin if we finish 8 -8 and we beat chargers in opening round of playoffs. I would be willing to give him another season in this scenario
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Nothing.

But him WINNING would be viewed as a turning point to Mike.

And the last thing we need is for any perceived "turning points" for Merv. We just need him gone.

So when Marvin loses to the Steelers we keep him, but if he beats the Steelers once this year we are at risk of keeping him?
Reply/Quote
As much as I want Merv gone and trust me it's bad with a capital B. I hate the Steelers with a much deeper pure venom type thing.

I'd love to beat them if it knocked them out.

Mikey is bringing Merv back anyways
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So when Marvin loses to the Steelers we keep him, but if he beats the Steelers once this year we are at risk of keeping him?

Well, the ideal scenario is he gets fired. And him losing to the Steelers will feed into that urge to fire him.

Him beating the Steelers will run the risk of keeping him, yes.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:50 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Well, the ideal scenario is he gets fired. And him losing to the Steelers will feed into that urge to fire him.

Him beating the Steelers will run the risk of keeping him, yes.

Or it's like almost every other year and we lose to the Steelers and still don't get rid of him.  I get what you are saying, but based on history "beating the Steelers" is the last thing Marvin needs to do to keep his job.
Reply/Quote