Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals as spoilers
could you imagine we beat Raiders and Browns Steelers lose to Saints and Pats Ravens lose to Buccs and Chargers. You know that game would be flexed to Sunday night on NBC with a playoff berth on the line. Based on previous results on primetime and against Steelers that could get ugly very quickly for us it will kind of be like watching a car accident we wont be able to turn away.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Or it's like almost every other year and we lose to the Steelers and still don't get rid of him.  I get what you are saying, but based on history "beating the Steelers" is the last thing Marvin needs to do to keep his job.

Well yea. I mean, if we're doomed to keep him anyway then sure. Let's beat the Steelers. Why not? haha
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:50 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Well, the ideal scenario is he gets fired. And him losing to the Steelers will feed into that urge to fire him.

Him beating the Steelers will run the risk of keeping him, yes.

Unfortunately we run a very serious risk of keeping him no matter what !

IIRC Merv is 8-25 against them ? I doubt 8-26 vs. 9-25 matters much to Mike. Losing to the Steelers obviously doesn't bother Mikey. Cleveland however seems to be another matter. Let's hope anyways.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 12:00 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Unfortunately we run a very serious risk of keeping him no matter what !

IIRC Merv is 8-25 against them ? I doubt 8-26 vs. 9-25 matters much to Mike. Losing to the Steelers obviously doesn't bother Mikey. Cleveland however seems to be another matter. Let's hope anyways.

This is my take based on not much of anything.  When Andy went down, Marvin got another year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If we beat the Steelers in the final week of the year, all that will do is convince Mikey to keep Marvin and we'll be right back here in December next year.

Please God, no.

(12-09-2018, 09:35 PM)pally Wrote: Steelers lost to Raiders leaving them only a 1/2 game in the lead of the AFC North. Their next 2 games are home against the Pats and away in New Orleans.

The could be playing for a playoff berth in that final game against us.

That’s just not going to happen. Let’s say the stars align and the last game does somehow have meaning. The game would be flexed to Sunday night and we could all watch the Bengals embarrass themselves on national TV yet again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:55 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Well yea. I mean, if we're doomed to keep him anyway then sure. Let's beat the Steelers. Why not? haha

That's the spirit!  Look, I believe there is a slight chance Marvin might not be back next year.  With that said, the nightmare of me rooting for us to NOT knock the Steelers out of the playoffs (perhaps) and then us keeping Marvin anyways is just too horrible to think about.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:35 PM)pally Wrote: Steelers lost to Raiders leaving them only a 1/2  game in the lead of the AFC North.  Their next 2 games are home against the Pats and away in New Orleans.

The could be playing for a playoff berth in that final game against us.

If Steelers lose next 2 games, they are likely toast.

Ravens will beat Browns and Bucs at home, so they finish 9-7 assuming lose at SD.
Steelers may lose to Pats and Saints, if so best they can do is 8-7-1

Steelers better knock off Pats at home, if not 8-7-1 likely not good enough for division or wildcard as only one 7-6 team would need to win 2 of 3 games for 2nd wildcard spot
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
“Bengals as spoilers”

They already are spoilers. They’ve been spoiling my Sunday’s for the last 5 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
No matter what is at stake for either team, I still want the Bengals to beat the steelers.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote