Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals as underdog against Browns
(12-23-2018, 02:24 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Hue Jackson as our next HC=0-16 Browns..RIP Cincinnati

If Hue is the head coach I’m turning my fandom in
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 11:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, we may not like it, but the facts are that they have taken a roster with a fraction of the talent and made themselves relevant after that team won one game in two years.  They may rub us the wrong way with their cockiness, but remember the 2005 Bengals?  The first good team in ages?  TJ polishing his shoes with a terrible towel?   Aside from monotone Carson, that team had a swagger and was probably the most fun I had as a Bengals fan since the 89 Super Bowl team.  

I wish our team played with the attitude of the Browns.  

I get what your saying but the 2005 team was a PO team and the Browns aren't. Big difference.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 02:41 PM)Trademark Wrote: If Hue is the head coach I’m turning my fandom in

No you're not.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 11:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, we may not like it, but the facts are that they have taken a roster with a fraction of the talent and made themselves relevant after that team won one game in two years.  They may rub us the wrong way with their cockiness, but remember the 2005 Bengals?  The first good team in ages?  TJ polishing his shoes with a terrible towel?   Aside from monotone Carson, that team had a swagger and was probably the most fun I had as a Bengals fan since the 89 Super Bowl team.  

I wish our team played with the attitude of the Browns.  
This is not true at all.  They're filled with first rounders and high priced FA's.   And the 2005 were not a sub .500 team.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 03:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals are a big underdog this week (+8.5).

Over the last decade the Bengals have only been an underdog against the Browns 4 times.

Bengals have won all 4 of those games.

Without Dalton, Green, and Boyd...I don't see how we can score.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 02:43 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I get what your saying but the 2005 team was a PO team and the Browns aren't. Big difference.

Two bad calls in early games this year and the Browns might just have been a playoff team...not that big a difference.  And the Bengals turnaround didn't come from 0-16.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 02:47 PM)McC Wrote: This is not true at all.  They're filled with first rounders and high priced FA's.   And the 2005 were not a sub .500 team.

The 2005 team (Bengals) was a playoff team and this year's Browns team is not, I get it (although they aren't as far away as many of us want to think they are...few bad calls early in the year).

However, they are not "filled" with first rounders.  They got Njoku and Peppers, then they got Mayfield and the CB from OSU (blanking on the name).  There is no sane GM that would trade rosters with them right now, but they play much harder than teams like the Bengals.  And what high priced FAs do they have?  I honestly can't think of any?  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 08:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The 2005 team (Bengals) was a playoff team and this year's Browns team is not, I get it (although they aren't as far away as many of us want to think they are...few bad calls early in the year).

However, they are not "filled" with first rounders.  They got Njoku and Peppers, then they got Mayfield and the CB from OSU (blanking on the name).  There is no sane GM that would trade rosters with them right now, but they play much harder than teams like the Bengals.  And what high priced FAs do they have?  I honestly can't think of any?  

Well good.  Then go follow the ***** Browns.  Who the **** cares?

Reply/Quote
The Clowns beat the Little Sisters of the Poor and acted like they won the SB. Yeah, they really have their heads on straight. Now, they're just a different kind of clown. And dumbass Bengal fans are pimping them like they're the 80's 49ers. ***** sickening.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 10:10 AM)McC Wrote: Well good.  Then go follow the ***** Browns.  Who the **** cares?

Dude, I was just making a point.  And I care, a lot, that they play much harder than our guys.  
Reply/Quote