Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert, Lawson, and Vigil
We're missing these guys way too much. Depth sucks on this team fire Tobin.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:52 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We're missing these guys way too much. Depth sucks on this team fire Tobin.

We definitely miss Eifert badly on offense. It declined a lot once he got hurt.

That said, when you re-sign a guy that has basically missed over half of his games in his career...and he gets injured...and you don't have a Plan B? That's on the team.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:52 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We're missing these guys way too much. Depth sucks on this team fire Tobin.

I thought our TE’s we’re fine today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought our TE’s we’re fine today.

Statistically they're ok. 3-41, 1-5, and 1-4...but the defense adjusted to Eifert which opened things up for other guys.

Nobody worries about those guys beating them.

The bottom line is we still have a bunch of holes all over the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought our TE’s we’re fine today.

What about the past 5 games?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Eifert has been hurt almost his entire career. You can't "miss" a guy who you can never count on in the first place. He has 48/619/6 over the last THREE YEARS combined.

Vigil is not good. The defense was not good even when he was around. In the first four games (when Vigil was averaging 10 tackles a game, as if that's a measure of quality) the Bengals were allowing 28.25 points per game. That number right now would make them the 29th or 30th scoring defense (opposed to the 31st they were coming into today).

They probably miss Lawson a bit, but he wouldn't help the lack of tackling and the getting gashed by the run game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:59 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: What about the past 5 games?

Well, Kroft has been out too, so I’m not going to kill Tobin over lack of depth. We’ve just been decimated at TE. Need to stop bringing Eifert back though, that’s for sure.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Eifert has been hurt almost his entire career. You can't "miss" a guy who you can never count on in the first place. He has 48/619/6 over the last THREE YEARS combined.

Vigil is not good. The defense was not good even when he was around. In the first four games (when Vigil was averaging 10 tackles a game, as if that's a measure of quality) the Bengals were allowing 28.25 points per game. That number right now would make them the 29th or 30th scoring defense (opposed to the 31st they were coming into today).

They probably miss Lawson a bit, but he wouldn't help the lack of tackling and the getting gashed by the run game.

Agreed. The defense struggled even with those guys.

Lawson did generate a lot of pressure...he just didn't get a lot of sacks.

The issues with this team are far beyond injuries.
Reply/Quote
If we had AJ today, it would have been a win....
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If we had AJ today, it would have been a win....

But we didn't and it wasn't
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:34 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: But we didn't and it wasn't

Well duh....
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well duh....

It was mocking your dumb statement. No idea if AJ would have been the difference, he may have fumbled twice. There is simply no way to know.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
The Ravens beat us without Flacco and starting a rookie QB who can't throw the ball.

And we're left with woulda, coulda, shoulda.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Ravens beat us without Flacco and starting a rookie QB who can't throw the ball.

And we're left with woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Yep. Other teams overcome adversity. Not us. Everything has to be perfect for us.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We definitely miss Eifert badly on offense. It declined a lot once he got hurt.

That said, when you re-sign a guy that has basically missed over half of his games in his career...and he gets injured...and you don't have a Plan B? That's on the team.

Their plan B is hurt too.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Alas right now no one we are putting out there on offense creates any type of mismatch. Which means the defense doesn't have to roll to anyone at all. Boyd is good but strictly a #2 at this point. none of our TEs create matchup problems and we're too stupid to use Gio as a H-Back and send him out on patterns. Meanwhile our OL gives up gobs of pressure to pretty much every defense even when they don't blitz.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Other teams overcome adversity. Not us. Everything has to be perfect for us.

Adversity ... Is the enemy of Marvin and all his teams.

Must wins =  Failure
Prime  time = Failure
Playoffs = Failure

I like your new avatar, BTW ,now you're in the spirit
Reply/Quote