Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals at Bears Predictions
Bears got clocked at The Rams. So far in 2021 they show they have the RB Montgomery, and that is it.

The Bears Offense is bad so far, and Fields is another Ohio State QB off to a bad start. That leaves Andy Dalton. They may have to go to Andy sooner than later. The WR's, TE's, Defense were AWFUL vs The Rams

This is a game Bengals could Win. I know it's in Chicago. Still, I think the Vikings are better than the Bears right now at QB, WR and they have a tough RB.

I don't think much of Fields at this point as a rookie, and as an Ohio State Fan, I've seen Ohio State QBs fail in the NFL in a whole different type offense. I would be more afraid of Andy Dalton starting against his old team Bengals. I thought Haskins at Ohio State looked more NFL than Fields, and Haskins doesn't even start. Bengals got the best Buckeye who then switched to LSU, Joe Burrow.

Unless Bears have a complete turnaround from Week One, I can see Bengals WINNING. Maybe not as much as Rams, but I could see Bengals going to Chicago and getting the WIN. Bears are starting season with weakness at QB, WR, TE, Defense. Don't let Montgomery run wild on them and shut down the struggling Ohio State rookie QB.

I won't pick a score. A score by any amount is OK by me. Get the 2-0 start because the schedule gets a lot tougher as season rolls on.

In the Battle of Buckeye QBs, I'll take Burrow over Fields. In a Battle of Bengals QB's, I'll take Burrow over Dalton at this point in time.

Tiger .....GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Fields is off to a bad start? He outplayed Dalton in the preseason, the issue is a bad coach who is trying to protect him from their bad O line and poor play calling. If Fields plays it creates a serious challenge for us as his mobility may allow them to throw down field. In week 1 they were the ONLY team not to attempt a pass 15+ yards down field, that would be ideal for us.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals want to take the next step, these are games that they need to and should win.

No reason the Bengals should lose this game. They are the better team.

30 - 23
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Not sure how the Bears win this game unless Taylor just coaches like crap or Lou goes and meltdowns with his defensive play calls. The Bears offense is not good (certainly not better than Dalvin Cook, Justin Jefferson and Thielan), the only thing you have to worry about it Cole Kmet is a pretty good TE. They may have a worse coach then the Bengals and while they have better pass rushers then Minnesota, as the Rams showed their secondary is not good at all.

I'm picking the Bengals by 10.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 02:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: Fields is off to a bad start? He outplayed Dalton in the preseason, the issue is a bad coach who is trying to protect him from their bad O line and poor play calling. If Fields plays it creates a serious challenge for us as his mobility may allow them to throw down field. In week 1 they were the ONLY team not to attempt a pass 15+ yards down field, that would be ideal for us.

Yes, against Rams in Regular Season, Fields is off to a bad start.  I am not talking preseason of vanilla defenses. Nor am I talking how Fields looked at Ohio State.  I am a long time Ohio State Fan, but few NFL QBs come from OSU.  A good RB and DB college, and some good LBs and WR's.  Just very few QBs from Buckeyes cut it in NFL.  I consider Burrow more LSU than Ohio State, Burrow in that LSU Saints offense like Brees was in..  Fields isn't going to be able to run in the NFL as he did at Ohio State, often against weak opponents, and that is what I think keeps Buckeye QBs from making it in the NFL.  The NFL Defenses never let these Buckeye QBs run wild like in The Big 10. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Its the Bengals game to lose. 34 - 13
Reply/Quote
Classic pre-Steelers week type of game. Do they go in and handle business in Chicago or do they get caught looking ahead to our first AFCN game and hated rivals?

Tough call. Soldier Field is gonna be rockin; it’s their home opener. This is where we see how disciplined they are, especially the offensive line. False starts have to be held to a minimum, gotta stay on schedule. Gotta contain Montgomery and get after Dalton. As bad as he’s been recently, he still gets the ball out quickly and if you don’t pressure him, he can and will hit his targets.

Optimist me says Bengals by 6.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 03:15 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Classic pre-Steelers week type of game. Do they go in and handle business in Chicago or do they get caught looking ahead to our first AFCN game and hated rivals?

Tough call. Soldier Field is gonna be rockin; it’s their home opener. This is where we see how disciplined they are, especially the offensive line. False starts have to be held to a minimum, gotta stay on schedule. Gotta contain Montgomery and get after Dalton. As bad as he’s been recently, he still gets the ball out quickly and if you don’t pressure him, he can and will hit his targets.

I have a very hard time seeing this new team looking past anyone. Especially for a team we beat with Ryan Finley last year lol. Burrow among others will take it one game at a time and help others around him keep focus
Reply/Quote
Bad Andy shows up: 31-13 Bengals Yes

Good Andy shows up: 23-20 Bears Mad
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 03:19 PM)Takedown Wrote: I have a very hard time seeing this new team looking past anyone. Especially for a team we beat with Ryan Finley last year lol. Burrow among others will take it one game at a time and help others around him keep focus

Man I hope so! I hope the mantra in that locker room ALL year is “One Game at a Time”. Hungry and focused!
Reply/Quote
28-10 Bengals bring it home.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 02:49 PM)kevin Wrote: Bears got clocked at The Raiders.  So far in 2021 they show they have the RB Montgomery, and that is it.  

The Bears Offense is bad so far, and Fields is another Ohio State QB off to a bad start.  That leaves Andy Dalton. They may have to go to Andy sooner than later. The WR's, TE's, Defense were AWFUL vs The Raiders.

This is a game Bengals could Win.  I know it's in Chicago.  Still, I think the Vikings are better than the Bears right now at QB, WR and they have a tough RB.  

I don't think much of Fields at this point as a rookie, and as an Ohio State Fan, I've seen Ohio State QBs fail in the NFL in a whole different type offense.  I would be more afraid of Andy Dalton starting against his old team Bengals. I thought Haskins at Ohio State looked more NFL than Fields, and Haskins doesn't even start.  Bengals got the best Buckeye who then switched to LSU, Joe Burrow.

Unless Bears have a complete turnaround from Week One, I can see Bengals WINNING.  Maybe not as much as Raiders did in Las Vegas, but I could see Bengals going to Chicago and getting the WIN.  Bears are starting season with weakness at QB, WR, TE, Defense.   Don't let Montgomery run wild on them and shut down the struggling Ohio State rookie QB.

I won't pick a score. A score by any amount is OK by me.  Get the 2-0 start because the schedule gets a lot tougher as season rolls on.

In the Battle of Buckeye QBs, I'll take Burrow over Fields.  In a Battle of Bengals QB's, I'll take Burrow over Dalton at this point in time.

Tiger .....GO BENGALS
Am I missing something? Didn't the Ravens play the Raiders last week?
Reply/Quote
You kept saying Raiders. I don't think they played the Raiders unless the Raiders played 2 games in week one. Which would be impressive that they won both.

Anyways - based on what I seen when the Bears played the Rams, they're not good. I'm not sold on our Bengals yet either, but they have more grit than the Bears.

Cincy by 4.5.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 03:15 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Classic pre-Steelers week type of game. Do they go in and handle business in Chicago or do they get caught looking ahead to our first AFCN game and hated rivals?

Looking ahead to Steelers would cause a loss.  I would hope these players know that any NFL team can not only beat you, but put you in the hospital.  So I hope Bengals aren't that stupid.  It's OK for the Fans to look games ahead, but not the players.  I think Bengals know they have a game in Chicago, and The Bears Fans will quickly remind them of that. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to predict a score but I will predict that the Bengals will beat all the NFC North teams this year.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24
Bears 17
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 03:32 PM)Mer Wrote: Am I missing something? Didn't the Ravens play the Raiders last week?

You are right. It was The Rams who clobbered the Bears. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 03:34 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You kept saying Raiders. I don't think they played the Raiders unless the Raiders played 2 games in week one. Which would be impressive that they won both.

Anyways - based on what I seen when the Bears played the Rams, they're not good. I'm not sold on our Bengals yet either, but they have more grit than the Bears.

Cincy by 4.5.
You are right, it was the Rams who clobbered the Bears. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 03:22 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Bad Andy shows up: 31-13 Bengals Yes

Good Andy shows up: 23-20 Bears Mad

With Andy, it seems to be predicated on pressure. Need to get after him. He’s always seemed like a tale of two qbs with protection being the variable.
Reply/Quote
I think the team is a little tired from playing an extra quarter, but I think they have enough to hold off the Bears on the road.

The key will be outside pass rush. Have to get after their backup tackles. If they help with TEs, send LBs, too.

Bengals 24
Bears 20
Reply/Quote