Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy week 2: Bears
https://www.chicitysports.com/forum/threads/what-happens-when-they-lose-to-the-bengals.84743/

https://live4sportnetwork.com/forum/threads/2021-season-rant-thread.32865/

https://www.bearsfansonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15555&sid=b91ff13bb857d7c27132f48fae01155c

https://chitown-bears.com/thread/5696/week-2-bears-bengals-thread

There are a couple with Bengals discussion live to whet our whistles early this week. I hope to add more as Bears fans get over their shellacking in LA and shift their focus to week 2. Some themes already emerging:

~ The Bears suck and can lose to the Bengals. This seems to be entirely about Bears fans disparaging their own team; they don't view Cincinnati as a strong opponent.

~ Somehow people still call our quarterback "Burrows". Drives me freaking nuts.

~ Some think the Bengals were the beneficiaries of the Vikings penalty parade and otherwise would have lost. That might be true. Chicago is fortunate they won't have the Jungle forcing 6 false farts on them.

~ The above "farts" was a typographical error. I meant "starts". I am not changing it.

~ Overall their confidence level is understandably low. Many want Fields in immediately, and many others think it won't matter that much while the rest of the roster is depleted.

~ They hate Nagy on average more than Bengals fans hate Taylor on average.
Reply/Quote
They were good when Fangio (Vangio?) was their D coordinator. Since his departure they are pretty lifeless. My wife is a bears fan so I’ve seen a decent amount of them the last two years. They are same level as last years Bengals team I’d say.. not very good..
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 08:19 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: They were good when Fangio (Vangio?) was their D coordinator. Since his departure they are pretty lifeless. My wife is a bears fan so I’ve seen a decent amount of them the last two years. They are same level as last years Bengals team I’d say.. not very good..

They have the components to be a defense, but whether they become one remains to be seen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 09:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They have the components to be a defense, but whether they become one remains to be seen.

They have some really good players. Mack and Hicks on the line are gamewreckers. Jackson is a very good safety. Roquan Smith can fly to the sideline and be ferocious. We need to be careful on O to not let one of those guys get going.
Reply/Quote
Supposed to be very hot again Sunday but somehow, the Bengals are wearing the white jerseys. Thanks, Chicago! I guess that means the Bears are wearing their navy jerseys.

My advice for the Bengals, though, is to hydrate like hell before the game. A second High-80s game won't be easy.

I am somewhat stunned the Bengals are being allowed to wear their white jerseys. I remember a couple years ago after a promising game in Seattle, they crapped the bed at home in extreme heat, wearing their black jerseys.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 08:13 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: https://www.chicitysports.com/forum/threads/what-happens-when-they-lose-to-the-bengals.84743/

There are a couple with Bengals discussion live to whet our whistles early this week. I hope to add more as Bears fans get over their shellacking in LA and shift their focus to week 2. Some themes already emerging:

~ The Bears suck and can lose to the Bengals. This seems to be entirely about Bears fans disparaging their own team; they don't view Cincinnati as a strong opponent.

~ Some think the Bengals were the beneficiaries of the Vikings penalty parade and otherwise would have lost. That might be true. Chicago is fortunate they won't have the Jungle forcing 6 false farts on them.

~ The above "farts" was a typographical error. I meant "starts". I am not changing it.

~ Overall their confidence level is understandably low. Many want Fields in immediately, and many others think it won't matter that much while the rest of the roster is depleted.

What do you expect, we have people on this board that still call him Burrows, and they are supposed to be Bengals fans. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 08:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Supposed to be very hot again Sunday but somehow, the Bengals are wearing the white jerseys.  Thanks, Chicago!  I guess that means the Bears are wearing their navy jerseys.  

My advice for the Bengals, though, is to hydrate like hell before the game.  A second High-80s game won't be easy.  

I am somewhat stunned the Bengals are being allowed to wear their white jerseys.  I remember a couple years ago after a promising game in Seattle, they crapped the bed at home in extreme heat, wearing their black jerseys.

Glad we are wearing white on a hot day.
I don't understand if we are forced to wear our non-white-colored uniform on hot days, why not wear this uniform. It would be the only time I would wear it during the year. 

[Image: usa_today_11397544.0.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
A few people in that first thread think Burrow is no better than Trubisky.

I can only hope actual football people underestimate the Bengals that badly when they game plan.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 10:16 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: A few people in that first thread think Burrow is no better than Trubisky.

I can only hope actual football people underestimate the Bengals that badly when they game plan.

Looks like one guy and his "Burrow can't move" take pretty much invalidates everything he says.  And there are still a few Bears fan who believe Tribusky is a good QB.  Which is crazy.
Reply/Quote
i''m gaining more appreciation for Marvin for how he handled Dalton playing to his strengths masking weaknesses. He has been dreadful since.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 11:25 AM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Looks like one guy and his "Burrow can't move" take pretty much invalidates everything he says.  And there are still a few Bears fan who believe Tribusky is a good QB.  Which is crazy.

Take a guy like Trubisky and put him in Andy Reid or even Kliff Kingsbury's system and I think he could be successful.  In fairness to him, he wasn't surrounded by talent and playing QB in the windy city is a challenge.  

Just saying.  I don't think the guy is a Pro Bowler, but some QBs get the gift of a franchise with talent and a great coach, and some get the Jags.  See Lawrence, Trevor.  
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 08:13 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: https://www.chicitysports.com/forum/threads/what-happens-when-they-lose-to-the-bengals.84743/

To the penalties.....how many of those were holds due to relentless pressure by our Dline? Without looking, I'd wager a good chunk of them.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 03:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: To the penalties.....how many of those were holds due to relentless pressure by our Dline? Without looking, I'd wager a good chunk of them.

A good number, but there was also like 3 false starts on the first drive or two (so before the DL ever had a chance to display relentless pressure) and two of them were by a FB... and FOUR (by my admittedly unofficial count) illegal formation penalties.

The DL certainly helped those holding calls and at least 1 of those illegal formation penalties, but they also started shooting themselves in the foot pretty much right out of the gate. 2 false starts bracketing the very first play of the game, 4 penalties on the first drive alone. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I've added a couple new threads to the OP. As the week progresses Bears fans' confidence level in their team seems to be increasing. This is understandable and probably the same thing Bengals fans tend to do emerging from a bad loss. Most of them are not looking forward to seeing how their secondary fares against Burrow and The Big Three receivers though.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 05:07 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I've added a couple new threads to the OP. As the week progresses Bears fans' confidence level in their team seems to be increasing. This is understandable and probably the same thing Bengals fans tend to do emerging from a bad loss. Most of them are not looking forward to seeing how their secondary fares against Burrow and The Big Three receivers though.

The boo birds in Chicagoland are primed to sing at the slightest provocation though regardless of confidence level. 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 05:23 PM)pally Wrote: The boo birds in Chicagoland are primed to sing at the slightest provocation though regardless of confidence level. 

As long as the game remains relatively murder-free, I think we'll be alright.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Some interesting comments in those links this morning.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote