Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals at Bears Predictions
Isn't there some long losing streak at Soldier Field on the part of the Bengals?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 08:20 PM)jason Wrote: Isn't there some long losing streak at Soldier Field on the part of the Bengals?

Bengals lead 6-5 all-time, Bears won the last 2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 08:21 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Bengals lead 6-5 all-time, Bears won the last 2

Ah... Not as long as I thought. I remember them losing there for the season opener back in the Dalton and Green days.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 08:20 PM)jason Wrote: Isn't there some long losing streak at Soldier Field on the part of the Bengals?

We only seem to win there when someone agrees to Riverdance.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The Bears did not look good. But people made good points of it being a primetime away game that was also on the west coast so it may very well not be the same Bears team we see on Sunday.
I still think the Bengals defense keeps manageable. It will be our first time dealing with the crowd noise and hopefully we handle it well. If we can clean up some of the protection issues and take advantage on some big plays I think we should win.
Bengals 31-17
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Think the bears injury crisis at left tackle will mean the D dominates.

The offence will be improved from last week. Bears are not a good team this year.

Bengals 31 - 14 Bears

Bengals make a bit of a statement
Reply/Quote
Bengals should win by 10. Never know with ZT though.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 08:25 PM)jason Wrote: Ah... Not as long as I thought. I remember them losing there for the season opener back in the Dalton and Green days.

2013. Never should've lost.

That was the first (and until last year, truly the only) game that AJ pissed me off to high hell; yes he had a monster game, but both picks Andy threw hit off his hands and one of them was egregiously bad on AJ's part (IIRC, he caught it and his momentum allowed the ball to do something akin to bouncing up in the air, right into Tillman's hands. It was a stupid play that never should've gone down as it did). May be wrong on the egregious one being that bad, but I was so frustrated; the rest of the team played super-well and Andy even had a good game.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ even said after that game it was on him.
Reply/Quote
To me this game is sort of a "pick em" kind of game. In theory we should score a lot of points but I don't trust ZT to call the plays correctly. Hopefully we follow up on the strong showing from the DL last week with another strong showing this week. The interesting thing to see will be whether when they put Fields in we maintain lane discipline when rushing him. That is the key to handling all running QBs - don't get out of position and give them a hole.

I hope we win but it will likely be a squeaker. Say another 27-24 episode.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 10:39 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 2013. Never should've lost.

That was the first (and until last year, truly the only) game that AJ pissed me off to high hell; yes he had a monster game, but both picks Andy threw hit off his hands and one of them was egregiously bad on AJ's part (IIRC, he caught it and his momentum allowed the ball to do something akin to bouncing up in the air, right into Tillman's hands. It was a stupid play that never should've gone down as it did). May be wrong on the egregious one being that bad, but I was so frustrated; the rest of the team played super-well and Andy even had a good game.

Yeah. There was a really stupid late penalty on Dre on special teams too. Speaking of interceptions... How did Tyler Boyd catch that ball that was clearly intercepted the other day? That was amazing.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna be a prisoner of the moment like so many of you... 27-21 Bengals.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
On Offense I think we knocked our rust off against the Vikings. We should be able to do what we want with the Bears if we
start off fast with a TD to quiet the crowd. The crowd noise is my biggest concern and was a big reason why we beat the
Vikes in our house. Have to start fast and contain Montgomery and Kmet and of course don't let Fields but us with his legs.

Bengals - 35
Bears - 17
Reply/Quote
If I had to give a % chance for a various number of results, it'd be a little bit like this:

Within 1 score, Bengals win: 40%
Within 1 score, Bears win: 30%
More than 1 score, Bengals win: 15%
More than 1 score, Bears win: 10%
More than 2 scores, Bengals win: 4%
More than 2 scores, Bears win: 1%

If I have to apply actual numbers to it, I'm better it's something like 24-20 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 01:38 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah. There was a really stupid late penalty on Dre on special teams too. Speaking of interceptions... How did Tyler Boyd catch that ball that was clearly intercepted the other day? That was amazing.

They didn't spend a lot of time on it, but it was tipped at the line.

if it isn't tipped, it doesn't hit Mack in the chest or, he catches it cleanly.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals 31 Bears 10
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 10:29 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Bengals should win by 10.  Never know with ZT though.

(09-16-2021, 10:29 AM)bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 31 Bears 10

Asking a team to win by 10+ on the road is a tall order. I really hope we do but that's a massively wide margin for an NFL game especially with how the Bengalsals have played the last 4 years. 

I think it will likely be:
Bengals - 28
Bears - 24
Reply/Quote
The only thing i care about is making sure someone tweets Tee and tells him that if he scores, he has to do the river dance, ala Chad in '05. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Bears have some no names at slot corner. I predict Boyd has a very nice day eating them up and clearing the way for some deep shots to Chase and Tigger.
Reply/Quote