Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals at Ravens IS The Best NFL Game This Week
Forget who they have on Sunday Night, or Monday Night or any of the other Sunday Games.

The ONLY match-up of 2 Winning Teams is Bengals at Ravens. 4-2 vs 5-1 for a combined 9-3 record so far. Plus, when it is over both teams will still have winning records at either 4-3 or 5-2.

The hype may be on Tampa vs Bears or Chiefs at Titans or some other game, but the fact remains that Bengals at Ravens is the ONLY match-up of 2 winning teams in the NFL in week 7. The Networks may choke on that and not accept it, but THIS IS THE GAME OF THE WEEK.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I hope this Sunday is like yesterday, where the games sucked on paper but there ended up being some classic games (Illinois beating Penn State with 9OT!)
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:57 AM)kevin Wrote: Forget who they have on Sunday Night, or Monday Night or any of the other Sunday Games.  

The ONLY match-up of 2 Winning Teams is Bengals at Ravens.  4-2 vs 5-1 for a combined 9-3 record so far.  Plus, when it is over both teams will still have winning records at either 4-3 or 5-2.  

The hype may be on Tampa vs Bears or Chiefs at Titans or some other game, but the fact remains that Bengals at Ravens is the ONLY match-up of 2 winning teams in the NFL in week 7.  The Networks may choke on that and not accept it, but THIS IS THE GAME OF THE WEEK.

Your posts are so random and fun.  I just want to hang out and do shots with you sometime.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:03 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Your posts are so random and fun.  I just want to hang out and do shots with you sometime.

Thank You.  At my age, the only shots I could do are pool shots.  Good game.  I can make some pool shots. You practice bank shots.  Some are afraid of long shots saying too much green.  Not the Semi Truck Drivers that I shot against. They stand straight up and just go Pop, Pop, Pop and knock those long shots in. So I learned to do that. I taught myself how to shoot left handed as well as right handed, and that comes in handy on hard to reach shots.  Always chalk up before each shot, a good habit to get in.  Then there are the Hustlers.  The Bar Tables get moved so much and are in such bad shape and people even sit and dance on them.  Every bar has a guy that knows every dead rail and every tight pocket and how the table slants uphill and downhill so this Hustler has great Home Court Advantage. I could be here all day talking all the types of Hustles.  That's why I leaned not to shoot for money. Too many good Hustlers.......I'll tell you a good practice game by yourself.  Go for the 1 ball, then the 2, until you get to 15, but try to leave the 8 ball for last and that you have to bank in.  Call your pockets, no slop.  It's hard practice, but a good practice to get in all 15 in order and bank the 8.  You will think it is no fun, but practice isn't suppose to be fun, but you will be surprised the good shots you pull off. ......Again, bend over like Willie on most shots, but on those long straight shots stand up straight like Minnesota and the Truck Drivers. It is a change in vision on the different shots, and it does help.  Oh yes, the idea is not how Hard you can hit the ball. The ones hitting every ball hard are playing slop and not calling the pockets. Like chess, you are thinking 3 moves ahead, and now you get into defense. A great game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Ha! Kevin..I got hustled years ago in the ancient downtown, upstairs pool hall in Dallas. I should have known better when everyone began laughing the minute I agreed to play for money, but I was 17 at the time and didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground. That was the last time I played for money...at least sober.  Shocked It took about 45 seconds to loose two weeks worth of a paycheck..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 11:27 AM)kevin Wrote: Thank You.  At my age, the only shots I could do are pool shots.  Good game.  I can make some pool shots. You practice bank shots.  Some are afraid of long shots saying too much green.  Not the Semi Truck Drivers that I shot against. They stand straight up and just go Pop, Pop, Pop and knock those long shots in. So I learned to do that. I taught myself how to shoot left handed as well as right handed, and that comes in handy on hard to reach shots.  Always chalk up before each shot, a good habit to get in.  Then there are the Hustlers.  The Bar Tables get moved so much and are in such bad shape and people even sit and dance on them.  Every bar has a guy that knows every dead rail and every tight pocket and how the table slants uphill and downhill.  This Hustler has great Home Court Advantage. I could be here all day talking all the types of Hustles.  That's why I leaned not to shoot for money. Too many good Hustlers.......I'll tell you a good practice game by yourself.  Go for the 1 ball, then the 2, until you get to 15, but try to leave the 8 ball for last and that you have to bank in.  Call your pockets, no slop.  It's hard practice, but a good practice to get in all 15 in order and bank the 8.  You will think it is no fun, but practice isn't suppose to be fun, but you will be surprised the good shots you pull off. ......Again, bend over like Willie on most shots, but on those long straight shots stand up straight like Minnesota and the Truck Drivers. It is a change in vision on the different shots, and it does help.  Oh yes, the idea is not how Hard you can hit the ball. The ones hitting every ball hard are playing slop and not calling the pockets.  Like chess, you are thinking 3 moves ahead, and now you get into defense.  A great game.

Used to have a regulation table in my cabin, but sold it after I screwed up my back. I can get through about 1 game before it starts hurting. 
Reply/Quote
On paper, yes. According to Vegas, many other games should be closer.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 12:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Used to have a regulation table in my cabin, but sold it after I screwed up my back. I can get through about 1 game before it starts hurting. 

Ahhh..The ol' bad back.. The last refuge of scoundrels.. Hilarious JK Sled..I have bad knees.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:57 AM)kevin Wrote:  The Networks may choke on that and not accept it, but THIS IS THE GAME OF THE WEEK.

Networks don't care.  Thye just show the viewers what the want to see the most.

Even though the Chiefs are just 3-3 their game with the Titans is probably more interesting to most people than the Bengals/Ravens.
Reply/Quote
BENGALS WIN what was indeed THE GAME OF THE WEEK. The only 2 teams with winning records playing each other. After the game both teams are 5-2.

What, Oh because Bengals Won, the game has to be devalued. It would have only been a big game if Ravens had won. NO. It doesn't work like that.

The BEST Match-Up of Winning teams was WON by THE CINCINNATI BENGALS. OK, it was the only match-up of winning teams, and BENGALS WON IT.

1968 Bengal Fan
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote