Brian Burns
Cody Ford
Rashan Gary
Other, specify
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals board mock draft
I was picked to represent the Bengals this year in the board mock draft. I thought I would have a little fun with and let everyone be heard. I didn't list some of the guys I expect to be gone when we pick. I already have a couple players I'm focusing on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jawaan Taylor OT, Florida Though, I would be pleased with either Cody Ford, Andre Dillard, or Jonah Williams, as well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bush is the most logical pick because he starts day one at our worst position.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2019, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Jawaan Taylor OT, Florida Though, I would be pleased with either Cody Ford, Andre Dillard, or Jonah Williams, as well.

Jawaan wasn’t listed cuz I think he’ll be gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
On the list it's DE Montez Sweat and it's not even close...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2019, 07:06 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Bush is the most logical pick because he starts day one at our worst position.

The problem that I have with Bush at 11, is before the combine, most thought he was a late 1st/2nd round pick.  Seems a bit of a reach at 11, to me.  

I totally get that the team needs a star LB, in the worst kind of way, but reaching for one isn't the answer.  The team will get much more mileage from a Franchise OT, especially when Paul Alexander is no longer in the War Room.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2019, 07:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The problem that I have with Bush at 11, is before the combine, most thought he was a late 1st/2nd round pick.  Seems a bit of a reach at 11, to me.  

I totally get that the team needs a star LB, in the worst kind of way, but reaching for one isn't the answer.  The team will get much more mileage from a Franchise OT, especially when Paul Alexander is no longer in the War Room.
I don't think Bush is really reaching though and a sideline to sideline LB takes our defense to a top 10 level. I think Bush makes us a title contender over night not sure you can say that about RT. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2019, 07:31 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't think Bush is really reaching though and a sideline to sideline LB takes our defense to a top 10 level. I think Bush makes us a title contender over night not sure you can say that about RT. 

The right defensive end is more of a question mark than people want to admit. Sam Hubbard played ok as a reserve guy, Jordan Willis hasn't developed, and Carl Lawson is a rotational player in 43.

If Montez Sweat is available at 11 it's a no brainer because defensive end is the second most important position in football. People are reaching for Devin Bush because of perceived "holes" but positional value is still a priority.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2019, 08:36 PM)Synric Wrote: The right defensive end is more of a question mark than people want to admit. Sam Hubbard played ok as a reserve guy, Jordan Willis hasn't developed, and Carl Lawson is a rotational player in 43.

If Montez Sweat is available at 11 it's a no brainer because defensive end is the second most important position in football. People are reaching for Devin Bush because of perceived "holes" but positional value is still a priority.
I would not mind a DE but Hubbard is good and Lawson to me is a 3 down player.
J24

Reply/Quote
I went for the best TE with rare talent in Hockenson. I don't think Eifert will last through the season. Plus his blocking will help o-Line
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Ed oliver. I think he’ll be the most disruptive/impactful player of the players on the board. Team him with Geno on passing downs along with dunlap and lawson and we have the best front four in the nfl on passing downs, no question. Oliver has the speed and agility and quickness to complement genos brute power and lawsons speed on the edge. Then we have a host of guys to fight for the run stuffing role dt.

And as far as linebacker and ot go, there is tremendous depth in rounds 2-3, and ammo to move up.

The only way i can think to be competitive against this offensively dominating modern nfl game is to get to the quarterback as quick as possibe—up the gut. Ed oliver would help us do this.
Reply/Quote
My personal favorite is Ed Oliver. He's extremely athletic and very disruptive when he can pass.rush from the 3T. Houston used him at NT sometimes and that's what hurt him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I’d go bpa. Ed Oliver.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2019, 01:46 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I went for the best TE with rare talent in Hockenson.  I don't think Eifert will last through the season.  Plus his blocking will help o-Line

Hockensen has the makings of an All-Pro. I'd be happy with him.

The only issue is, however, that the tight end position isn't valued extremely high. He's easily a top 10 talent but wouldn't surprise me if he fell into the teens and 20s
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 07:41 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Hockensen has the makings of an All-Pro. I'd be happy with him.

The only issue is, however, that the tight end position isn't valued extremely high. He's easily a top 10 talent but wouldn't surprise me if he fell into the teens and 20s

Agreed. I'd have zero issues if we took Hockensen. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
OP trying to cover his azz.

J/K good idea and thanks for doing it.

Of those listed: Hock

But if any of the top 3 QBs are left then maybe there
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 07:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OP trying to cover his azz.

Someone that picks before him will just snake his top option out from under him, anyways, lol!
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 07:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OP trying to cover his azz.

damn right.  not my first rodeo.  ima catch all kinds of grief no matter who take
Reply/Quote