Bengals bolster Oline
In my best Hobspin headline.

Sign OT Gunnar Vogel

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-sign-tackle-gunnar-vogel
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 11:01 AM)jj22 Wrote: In my best Hobspin headline.

Sign OT Gunner Vogel

at least we can all rest easy now
Reply/Quote
It’s a depth signing and they are not pretending otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 11:58 AM)Joelist Wrote: It’s a depth signing and they are not pretending otherwise.

Exactly, but the negativity train has left the station and is rolling.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 12:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly, but the negativity train has left the station and is rolling.

And Sled has followed me in yet another thread to provide nothing once again. Desperate for my attention.

Reply/Quote

Sign OT Gunnar Vogel

Depth signing and likely just a camp body.   Here's some stats if anyone is interested:

https://nusports.com/sports/football/roster/gunnar-vogel/9012
Reply/Quote
Better just keep Burrow on the sidelines during the preseason while they figure out who the starters are.

It's almost like we've lived this before......Hmm
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I do think the new line should get some good work together during the preseason. We tend to be able to tell right away if they are going to struggle.

Staying healthy and not rotating players too much will be key.

I'm actually against a position battle. Pick the starters and keep them together. No rotating new Guards in and out.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 02:00 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Better just keep Burrow on the sidelines during the preseason while they figure out who the starters are.

It's almost like we've lived this before......Hmm

It's like ground hog day over & over.  Shocked
Reply/Quote

Sign OT Gunnar Vogel

HahahahahaHahaha who?
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 01:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: And Sled has followed me in yet another thread to provide nothing once again. Desperate for my attention.

Dude, you're overly self important. Just because we both read through the new threads and comment doesn't mean anyone is following you around. Get over yourself.
Reply/Quote
How dare a fan of a franchise that has not won a playoff game in 30 years, has an owner who hates free agency, has an owner who doesn't care about the fans, has an owner than overwhelmingly only hires family and friends, has an owner that pays himself as the GM, and has had a track record under said owner/GM of being a loser more often than not not always be sunshine, rainbows, and positivity.

In 30 years, the owner/GM has pieced together 7 winning seasons. That's less than 1 every 4 seasons. How can you not be overly optimistic and realize that every decision is the right one and setting this team up for success?

We didn't sign the C right? The one that we had in for a visit that was better than every C on the roster, but hey, we got a camp body/depth guy that hopefully doesn't have to see the field. Small victories folks, small victories.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 02:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: I do think the new line should get some good work together during the preseason. We tend to be able to tell right away if they are going to struggle.

Staying healthy and not rotating players too much will be key.

I'm actually against a position battle. Pick the starters and keep them together. No rotating new Guards in and out.

I couldn’t agree more.By preseason at the latest,you know who your starters are.Let these starters get some chemistry together.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 02:42 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: How dare a fan of a franchise that has not won a playoff game in 30 years, has an owner who hates free agency, has an owner who doesn't care about the fans, has an owner than overwhelmingly only hires family and friends, has an owner that pays himself as the GM, and has had a track record under said owner/GM of being a loser more often than not not always be sunshine, rainbows, and positivity.

In 30 years, the owner/GM has pieced together 7 winning seasons. That's less than 1 every 4 seasons. How can you not be overly optimistic and realize that every decision is the right one and setting this team up for success?

We didn't sign the C right? The one that we had in for a visit that was better than every C on the roster, but hey, we got a camp body/depth guy that hopefully doesn't have to see the field. Small victories folks, small victories.

Well, you have no idea why that didn't happen. Did he want more than he was worth? Is he suffering from an injury? Did his workout suck, or did he just say I'll go home and ponder it and let you work out the details with my agent..... 
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 02:42 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: How dare a fan of a franchise that has not won a playoff game in 30 years, has an owner who hates free agency, has an owner who doesn't care about the fans, has an owner than overwhelmingly only hires family and friends, has an owner that pays himself as the GM, and has had a track record under said owner/GM of being a loser more often than not not always be sunshine, rainbows, and positivity.

His knee isn't alright yet; his agent came out with that, from what I've seen on Twitter.

Don't be a smartass about it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 03:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: His knee isn't alright yet; his agent came out with that, from what I've seen on Twitter.

Don't be a smartass about it.

I will post how I please, but thank you for your time.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 03:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, you have no idea why that didn't happen. Did he want more than he was worth? Is he suffering from an injury? Did his workout suck, or did he just say I'll go home and ponder it and let you work out the details with my agent..... 

Okay. So I can't say anything because I don't know the exact details or because it's not overly optimistic and support everything the Brown family does?
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 02:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Dude, you're overly self important. Just because we both read through the new threads and comment doesn't mean anyone is following you around. Get over yourself.

If I'm overly self important (whatever that means) it's people like you who boost my ego with the constant shots (lame) attempted under everything I post.

Reply/Quote

Sign OT Gunnar Vogel

Johnny Stromboli is the next acquisition the Bengals hope to get on OL, he is one spicy meatball and will bring the Bengals to their first Super Bowl.

-Hobspin
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 03:15 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Okay. So I can't say anything because I don't know the exact details or because it's not overly optimistic and support everything the Brown family does?

It's my thread and people can post whatever their opinion is. Those who don't like it don't have to read or comment. It's past time for them to realize their freedom to scroll past.

I'll wait for an infamous (inside joke) thumbs down for daring to allow for others opinion. I'm sure it is coming....

Reply/Quote