Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals bring back Margus Hunt and waive Andrew Brown
(10-19-2020, 08:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hunt had about 2-3 years of playing football when he was here before. He has more experience now. Is he a top DE, no, but give the guy a chance before you label him a bust.

He's in his 8th year in the NFL after being taken in the 2nd round.

How long of a chance do you want him to be given before he can be called a bust? I feel like "nearly a decade" is waaaaay longer than you should need to make that call.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 05:49 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He's in his 8th year in the NFL after being taken in the 2nd round.

How long of a chance do you want him to be given before he can be called a bust? I feel like "nearly a decade" is waaaaay longer than you should need to make that call.

"He's in his 8th year in the NFL"  That statement right there means he's not as bad as people make him out to be. Is he a world burner no, but we are on replacement # 8 or 9 now...... he's probably better than anyone else we could get at this point. Why not give him a chance to put a jersey on again before screaming how bad he is. Depending on what he's asked to do, he might just surprise you. Aways with the negativity.
Reply/Quote
As soon as I saw this, I pictured Margus blocking a would-be game-winning FG by the Ravens in week 17 to prevent the Bengals from getting the #1 overall pick in the draft and a bounty of picks for Lawrence.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My conspiracy theory is they brought back Hunt for his height and ability to block passes which would fill the void after they trade Dunlap
Reply/Quote
Hunt was always better suited to being a 3-4 DE.

I think Carlos plays OLB in the 3-4 look.
Reply/Quote
Hunt was brought in as a tackle, not end.
Reply/Quote
Hunt was brought in to evaluate, and for the hell of it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 08:07 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Hunt was brought in as a tackle, not end.

Personally, I think he was brought in to enable them to proliferate that 3-4 look.  Hunt has always been at his best with his hand in the dirt  Aside from he does or doesn't bring in terms of versatility, injuries around the league haven't been just limited to the Bengals.  Given the lack of depth in the current available talent pool, I think he was an acceptable signing.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I hope he can help but I'm not beaming with confidence.
Reply/Quote
Has anyone gotten word if Brown cleared waivers?

I'm still wondering if he will land on our PS.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 10:01 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Has anyone gotten word if Brown cleared waivers?

I'm still wondering if he will land on our PS.

Just announced, cleared waivers and signed back to PS. Guess that gives us the rest of the league’s opinion on Brown.
Reply/Quote