Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals bungal, as usual.
Mixon couldn't carry Fournette's, Hunt's, Kamara's, or Cook's jock strap.

Fournette GASHING Pissburgh. Here's the blueprint. Gotta have a stud RB.

Little Joe ran for 48 & 34 yards against Pitt. He has a long ways to go.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:39 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Mixon couldn't carry Fournette's, Hunt's, Kamara's, or Cook's jock strap.

Fournette GASHING Pissburgh. Here's the blueprint. Gotta have a stud RB.

Little Joe ran for 48 & 34 yards against Pitt. He has a long ways to go.

Hard to rack up yards when you only play in the first half.  I thought he was pretty effective in the PBS game.
Reply/Quote
Fournette is good today, but he's not stellar every Sunday. I call this good planning by the coaches and finding their weaknesses. Plus, he has confidence because he destroyed them last meeting.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Fournette is good today, but he's not stellar every Sunday. I call this good planning by the coaches and finding their weaknesses. Plus, he has confidence because he destroyed them last meeting.

He ran wild on them last time they played as well, Harley. Joe had an entire season to show something, anything. Didn't show much.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:45 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He ran wild on them last time they played as well, Harley. Joe had an entire season to show something, anything. Didn't show much.

I thought he improved a lot at the end of the year when they changed the blocking scheme up.  If he didn't get banged up, then it would be another story.  Joe Mixon is absolutely not the problem with this offense.
Reply/Quote
Mixon also didn't get the same kind of blocking Fournette gets. Of course Fournette is supposed to be better than Mixon too based on draft position

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:47 PM)samhain Wrote: I thought he improved a lot at the end of the year when they changed the blocking scheme up.  If he didn't get banged up, then it would be another story.  Joe Mixon is absolutely not the problem with this offense.

He showed a little, but not nearly as much as many other rookies that were drafted later than him. Bengals clearly drafted the wrong RB. (Head n the sand) " Oh, we'll get them next year"!

Bengals motto since the 70's. Still haven't won a championship.
Reply/Quote
Woo-woo!! Excuse train rolling ng through as the Jag's just scored their third rushing td.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:52 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He showed a little, but not nearly as much as many other rookies that were drafted later than him. Bengals clearly drafted the wrong RB. (Head n the sand) " Oh, we'll get them next year"!

The entire offensive gameplan was dogshit for all of camp and the first two games.  The blocking scheme was a monkey making love to a football up until late November.  The staff could hardly decide which back to give the ball to before Hill took himself out of the equation.  I'll reserve judgement on Mixon until he gets another year and a chance to take on a larger role.  I'd run the whole damn offense through him if he's healthy.  
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:52 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He showed a little, but not nearly as much as many other rookies that were drafted later than him. Bengals clearly drafted the wrong RB. (Head n the sand) " Oh, we'll get them next year"!

Mixon will wind up being the best of the lot barring injury.  As the blocking improved late in the year so did his yards per carry.  And Fournette was gone when the Bengals picked anyway.
Reply/Quote
Marvin and Duke clearly wanted Fournette. He just wasn’t there. Mixon will wind up being damn good.
Reply/Quote
I hear that train a coming. It's rolling around the bend & I aint seen the sunshine since, I don't know when?

Woo-woo!!
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Coach, this is a VERY stupid thread.

- Fournette is a once in a generation player (IMO)
- We weren't drafting 4th.
- Mixon was significantly better once the blocking changed.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Fournette had just over 1000 yards at 3.9 YPC

Remember when we used to hate Benson for doing that.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I didn’t want Mixon, but he showed promise behind a terrible line. Too early to tell exactly where the rookie RB’s will end up
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 04:09 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, Coach, this is a VERY stupid thread.

- Fournette is a once in a generation player (IMO)
- We weren't drafting 4th.
- Mixon was significantly better once the blocking changed.

Tomatoes/Tomatoes. Plz see the other names n the thread. Excuses abound with some of ya'll.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 04:20 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Tomatoes/Tomatoes. Plz see the other names n the thread. Excuses abound with some of ya'll.

How the hell did you expect the Bengals to land Fournette?

Stop it. Its not an excuse.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 04:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fournette had just over 1000 yards at 3.9 YPC

Remember when we used to hate Benson for doing that.

The point is, they are punchng Pitt in the mouth. We could/should be doing the same, but for some reason we cant.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 04:20 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Tomatoes/Tomatoes. Plz see the other names n the thread. Excuses abound with some of ya'll.

I think the differences in the run blocking of the offensive lines has more to do with the success of your list of running backs compared to Cincy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 04:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: How the hell did you expect the Bengals to land Fournette?

Stop it. Its not an excuse.

You are not reading what you choose o read Truck. How about the other backs mentioned?
Reply/Quote