Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals bungal, as usual.
Did any of those RB’s have Ogbuehi, Bodine, Fisher, and Paul Alexander? No? Well no wonder they had better seasons.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 04:22 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: The point is, they are punchng Pitt in the mouth. We could/should be doing the same, but for some reason we cant.

We punched Pittsburgh in the mouth in the 1st half at Hines Field. Let's just hope the Jax keeps it up 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I thought Mixon looked pretty good for a rookie running behind the offensive line that we had.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 04:29 PM)tBengal Wrote: I thought Mixon looked pretty good for a rookie running behind the offensive line that we had.

I agree, showed flashes.  He can catch and has homerun ability (break a long play)
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 04:22 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: The point is, they are punchng Pitt in the mouth. We could/should be doing the same, but for some reason we cant.

And that is clearly all Mixon's fault.

:troll:

Cook and Fournette were both already off the Board when we drafted Mixon.
Reply/Quote
I considered LF the best RB in the draft last year but Mixon probably 2nd or 3rd from talent. Bengals had no shot for LF because he was gone by #9. What would help Mixon is a good run blocking OL and run-oriented offense. Had neither in 2017 whereas LF and Cook did. I would say Chiefs had that too for Hunt except they decided in the middle of the year to abandon the run and it resulted in a lot of losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 05:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I considered LF the best RB in the draft last year but Mixon probably 2nd or 3rd from talent. Bengals had no shot for LF because he was gone by #9. What would help Mixon is a good run blocking OL and run-oriented offense. Had neither in 2017 whereas LF and Cook did. I would say Chiefs had that too for Hunt except they decided in the middle of the year to abandon the run and it resulted in a lot of losses.

It helped that defensive coordinators were able to get some tape on Andy Reid's option offense by mid season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
1. Mixon had only 14 carries combined against Pitt, and went for 82 yards (5.9 YPC).

2. Mixon averaged 5.0 YPC after the blocking scheme switch.

I have a feeling some are going to be surprised in 2018. Those who have been paying close attention won't be.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 04:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We punched Pittsburgh in the mouth in the 1st half at Hines Field. Let's just hope the Jax keeps it up 

And Pitt has completely shut them down in the 2nd half...

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:39 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Mixon couldn't carry Fournette's, Hunt's, Kamara's, or Cook's jock strap.

Fournette GASHING Pissburgh. Here's the blueprint. Gotta have a stud RB.

Little Joe ran for 48 & 34 yards against Pitt. He has a long ways to go.

I think I've seen enough of this kind of post.  We had a couple of bad seasons, I get it.  But the same old type of post again?  Why don't the mods just combine all the "Bungle" threads into one?  And if you are disappointed to this level, leave.  Choose another team.  You sound like the opposing fans anyway.
Reply/Quote
Leveon Bell rookie stats- 244 attempts, 860 yards, 3.5 avg, 8 TD's
Joe Mixon rookie stats- 178 attempts, 626 yards, 3.5 avg, 4 TD's

Can't judge someone on their rookie year alone.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 05:26 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think I've seen enough of this kind of post.  We had a couple of bad seasons, I get it.  But the same old type of post again?  Why don't the mods just combine all the "Bungle" threads into one?  And if you are disappointed to this level, leave.  Choose another team.  You sound like the opposing fans anyway.

I'm like you Bonnie when it comes to the word bungle! I HATE IT!! What this team did with that oline was admirable considering!
7-9 is not bungled and we could have won a few more with the right type of coaching!

Reply/Quote
So much dumb from one post. Actually watch the games and you can see the drastic difference in the holes those RBs have to run through and what Mixon had most of the season. None of those RBs would have been good behind our line. Bell would have been bad behind our line. His style is to wait behind the line until they push down field and then he moves with them. Our line is continually pushed backwards and gives no holes. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:39 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Mixon couldn't carry Fournette's, Hunt's, Kamara's, or Cook's jock strap.

Fournette was long gone by the time we picked at #9.

Mixon was also running behind an inferior O line....and was splitting carries with Hill in the first half of the season.

Mixon is a good back too.
Reply/Quote
Maybe with Piano Man gone Mixon will tear it up
Reply/Quote

And let’s compare the o lines... unbelievable

Reply/Quote

The original point was the Bengals took the wrong back.  Which is it?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Fournette would have had a difficult time running behind Bengals OL this year as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 08:21 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Fournette would have had  a difficult time running behind Bengals OL this year as well.

I really doubt any of the all time greats you wanna name would have looked good running behind this years O-line.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 09:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I really doubt any of the all time greats you wanna name would have looked good running behind this years O-line.

We had one of the worst graded O-Lines in the league.

Whether it was a talent or coaching issue...  that remains to be seen.

After changing blocking and players both Mixon and Gio looked much better.

How can someone not see this?

It really is laughable.

A higher rated back behind a much better line.  Better results.

[Image: who%20knew%20right.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote