Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals bungal, as usual.
Oline pretty much negated mixons rookie season until last few games. And am I the only one who wants to see more of Gio than Mixon next year?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:39 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Mixon couldn't carry Fournette's, Hunt's, Kamara's, or Cook's jock strap.

Fournette GASHING Pissburgh. Here's the blueprint. Gotta have a stud RB.

Little Joe ran for 48 & 34 yards against Pitt. He has a long ways to go.

I was a huge Fournette fan, and was really hoping he would slip to 9 somehow. I also didn't like the Bengals taking Mixon but...I don't think you can make an honest assessment on him based on his play behind a line that performed so poorly for much of the season. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:39 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Mixon couldn't carry Fournette's, Hunt's, Kamara's, or Cook's jock strap.

Fournette GASHING Pissburgh. Here's the blueprint. Gotta have a stud RB.

Little Joe ran for 48 & 34 yards against Pitt. He has a long ways to go.

Kinda sucks that every RB taken in the first 2 RDs team made the playoffs. Fournette, McCaffrey, Cook(Hurt but had a good start) Kamara and Hunt, except for Mixon with his 32nd ranked Yards per carry. Time will tell if it's the result of a horrible line or horrible pick. I think he's going to be pretty good, but if he is the bust of the bunch I would not be the least surprised.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 11:01 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Oline pretty much negated mixons rookie season until last few games. And am I the only one who wants to see more of Gio than Mixon next year?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Nope your not. I think Gio has been the best RB on the roster for years.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 11:45 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Nope your not. I think Gio has been the best RB on the roster for years.

I think Gio has a ton of talent, I just question if he can carry the rock 20 times a game for 16 games and still be as explosive as he is. 

I don't know the answer to that question either, I'm just wondering if he would wear down, and part of him being so effective is being rotated in and not being the bell cow.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 11:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I was a huge Fournette fan, and was really hoping he would slip to 9 somehow. I also didn't like the Bengals taking  Mixon but...I don't think you can make an honest assessment on him based on his play behind a line that performed so poorly for much of the season. 
I agree, Holic. That said, he's still way behind hose other backs.

I'm gonna give props to bfine & Holic for not taking the bait. Clearly, I was trolling just to see how many of you were gonna home.

Most of these replies just made me laugh at some of you folks. Many did just as I expected.

Mixon has skills. No one is debating that. Ray Rice gets banned from the league for punching a woman, but most of ya'll are willing to give little joe a pass just because he's on this roster. Another player gets banned for trying to stand up to inequality!!?? Mixon & Oklahoma use the oldest trick in the book to keep his hopes of a career alive, money!!!

I expect him to play better next season, but that doesn't change the fact that the other back's mentioned all had outstanding seasons & helped lead their respective teams to the playoffs. 

Your excuses are pathetic. Not many have looked a the bigger picture. His first season under contract was a bust. Now we have to wait for season number two, in which he could very well get injured. Next thing you know he will be a fa & possibly even a Brown,Stoolers, or Raven. Bet y'all won't be rooting for hm then!

I will reiterate for the home blind. This season as a bust for MIXON!! It sure wasn't for the other rb's. I don't care who's vfault it is. If I'm late for work because of weather or anything else, I am still held accountable.

Excuse train rolling through this thread... Woo-woo!!
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 11:45 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Nope your not. I think Gio has been the best RB on the roster for years.

A board member that clearly understands the obvious. 

For all of you excuse makers please, for the love of God, explain Gio's success behind the same dreadful oline? Come on! You know you folks can explain that? Some of you seem to think you know everything.

I'll be patiently waiting.  Woo-woo.....
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:50 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: A board member that clearly understands the obvious. 

For all of you excuse makers please, for the love of God, explain Gio's success behind the same dreadful oline? Come on! You know you folks can explain that? Some of you seem to think you know everything.

This is a really weird mission you're on.  Good luck with it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 01:01 AM)McC Wrote: This is a really weird mission you're on.  Good luck with it.

Just having fun on the boards man, but there is some serious truth in my post. Time will tell, but season #1 for the great savior RB ( that was drafted n the second, just after drafting a bust wr in the first; when the team clearly needed olineman & linebackers) is in the books, with a big pile of steaming nothing! Much like the first round selection.

Hope to God that this upcoming draft will have someone with some common sense and football knowledge in the war room.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 04:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And that is clearly all Mixon's fault.

:troll:

Cook and Fournette were both already off the Board when we drafted Mixon.

That's a compliment coming from you there, Three Billy Goats Gruff. Just so you know, you're not any of the goats n that fable. You're the one that got knocked on your ass into the water.

As to your last sentence; duh! That's not the point counselor.
Reply/Quote
Oh, and one last thing before bed. Both of the expansion teams began play in 1995, I believe it was. Since then they have both ran circles around a team that was established in the 1970's. Think on that a bit before you decide to go all homer next time.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 01:35 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Oh, and one last thing before bed. Both of the expansion teams began play in 1995, I believe it was. Since then they have both ran circles around a team that was established in the 1970's. Think on that a bit before you decide to go all homer next time.

Nothing is stopping you from rooting for one of them...

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 01:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nothing is stopping you from rooting for one of them...

Well, since you say so. I am rooting for the Jag's & Zimm's team. Clearly, I can't root for the team that I've been rooting for since 77'-78' cause they're not currently playing until August. DA!
Reply/Quote
Mixon is way better than any of them. Hard to get a lot of yards when ur getting his 4-5 yards behind Los. And still breaks that tackle most times. And if I remember correctly the 48 yards was basically just one quarter. Give him Billy price and King Kong(will Hernandez) and see what he does.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 01:55 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Well, since you say so. I am rooting for the Jag's & Zimm's team. Clearly, I can't root for the team that I've been rooting for since 77'-78' cause they're not currently playing until August. DA!

So nearly 40 years of watching football and you still couldn't tell that thr offensive line was the problem?

Excuses? No its a Fact.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I could have sworn a few people in this thread were recently accused/outed as "troll profiles" belonging to a certain individual who came clean?? Hmm Hmm
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 02:06 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I could have sworn a few people in this thread were recently accused/outed as "troll profiles" belonging to a certain individual who came clean?? Hmm Hmm

Man if that was true that list had some serious post counts....Like 30 posts a day talking to himself half the time lol...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:50 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: A board member that clearly understands the obvious. 

I'll do my best to explain this to you, but somehow I doubt you'll be willing to listen:

Gio was averaging 3.5 YPC (IIRC) through the first 10 games before the scheme switch. That's not "success".

Once the blocking scheme was changed (last 6 games), Gio averaged 4.7 YPC and Mixon averaged 5.0 YPC.

This had a far bigger positive impact on Gio's season stats because Mixon started and received the vast majority of carries before the scheme switch. Gio made all his starts AFTER the scheme switch. Plus Mixon missed some time after the scheme switch.

TL/DR: Neither Mixon nor Gio were "successful" before the scheme switch. After that, Mixon averaged 5.0 YPC, with Gio averaging 4.7 YPC.

Hopefully this helps, and FYI: trolling is against the rules, so maybe you shouldn't be doing that? 

(01-15-2018, 02:15 AM)Synric Wrote: Man if that was true that list had some serious post counts....Like 30 posts a day talking to himself half the time lol...

Whoever that was, they were full of it. He just wants in your heads and the best way to do it is to claim responsibility for 20 different posters. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon will be a super star next year of he can stay healthy and the line improves. Oh and Bernard will be awesome as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 02:05 AM)Synric Wrote: So nearly 40 years of watching football and you still couldn't tell that thr offensive line was the problem?

Excuses? No its a Fact.

Obviously, the line was terrible. That was evident the day we lost Z & Whit. Yet, the moron's in charge drafted a WR & a RB in that order. The kid may still do something, but he certainly wasn't the savior that many claimed he would be.

If I was gonna draft a RB that early, which I wouldn't have, I would have moved up 7 spots & taken Cook. If that fell through I would have taken Hunt or Kamara, both of which out played little joe. 

Mixon is yet to learn how to run angrily. He obviously gets angry really easily, when he knows that he has a clear advantage. Now if he can just grow a pair and do the same against an opponent with equal size & strength.

The fact is; he was underwhelming considering the hype that some spew in this forum.
Again!!! If I'm late for work be it flood,hurricane,snow (when I still lived up North), tornado ect.... It's on me plain and simple. I didn't get the job that I was hired to do done, plain & simple. I can't make excuses. I just gotta perform.I may loose that client and I certainly wouldn't be compensated for it.

Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, and Corey Dillon ffs ran behind inferior lines for a very long time & were all electrifying. They weren't afraid to take it to the defenders.No excuses! Do your FN job!
Reply/Quote