Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals bungal, as usual.
(01-15-2018, 02:37 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'll do my best to explain this to you, but somehow I doubt you'll be willing to listen:

Gio was averaging 3.5 YPC (IIRC) through the first 10 games before the scheme switch. That's not "success".

Once the blocking scheme was changed (last 6 games), Gio averaged 4.7 YPC and Mixon averaged 5.0 YPC.

This had a far bigger positive impact on Gio's season stats because Mixon started and received the vast majority of carries before the scheme switch. Gio made all his starts AFTER the scheme switch. Plus Mixon missed some time after the scheme switch.

TL/DR: Neither Mixon nor Gio were "successful" before the scheme switch. After that, Mixon averaged 5.0 YPC, with Gio averaging 4.7 YPC.

Hopefully this helps, and FYI: trolling is against the rules, so maybe you shouldn't be doing that? 

Whoever that was, they were full of it. He just wants in your heads and the best way to do it is to claim responsibility for 20 different posters. 

I don't need you to explain this team or anything football related to me Shake. You're not qualified. I'm well aware of the " scheme change". Doesn't change the fact that he was underwhelming and didn't do his job. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 02:55 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Obviously, the line was terrible. That was evident the day we lost Z & Whit. Yet, the moron's in charge drafted a WR & a RB in that order. The kid may still do something, but he certainly wasn't the savior that many claimed he would be.

If I was gonna draft a RB that early, which I wouldn't have, I would have moved up 7 spots & taken Cook. If that fell through I would have taken Hunt or Kamara, both of which out played little joe. 

Mixon is yet to learn how to run angrily. He obviously gets angry really easily, when he knows that he has a clear advantage. Now if he can just grow a pair and do the same against an opponent with equal size & strength.

The fact is; he was underwhelming considering the hype that some spew in this forum.
Again!!! If I'm late for work be it flood,hurricane,snow (when I still lived up North), tornado ect.... It's on me plain and simple. I didn't get the job that I was hired to do done, plain & simple. I can't make excuses. I just gotta perform.I may loose that client and I certainly wouldn't be compensated for it.

Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, and Corey Dillon ffs ran behind inferior lines for a very long time & were all electrifying. They weren't afraid to take it to the defenders.No excuses! Do your FN job!

Bad analogy. 

A better one would be Your job is to fill out paperwork but your boss gave you an unsharpened pencil and told you to do it with your left hand (assuming your a righty).
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 03:13 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote:  
I don't need you to explain this team or anything football related to me Shake. You're not qualified. I'm well aware of the " scheme change". Doesn't change the fact that he was underwhelming and didn't do his job. 

It appears that he is because you're seemingly not understanding that if the blocking in front of you is bad, you're probably not going to go anywhere. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 03:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It appears that he is because you're seemingly not understanding that if the blocking in front of you is bad, you're probably not going to go anywhere. 

Mixon is 6'1", right at 230 pounds and runs a 4.43. If the kid can't pick up 2-3 yards per carry, even with poor blocking,  then there's a problem with his running style. See previous post regarding Payton,Sanders, and Dillon. Every casual football fan n the country knows that this line blows. They also know that the Bengals are fond of drafting thugs.
Trust me, they all know,so it's a pretty safe assumption that a lifelong Bengal fan may be aware of that inconvenience. Doesn't sway my opinion or change his stats.
Reply/Quote
Eh I kind of agree kind of don't, I thought he improved later in the season with the o line and our best back. But is he special like fornette or zeke ,probably not . I'm more worried that mixon can take the punishment ,he got took out a couple of times I think. But I agree you got to be physical with the steelers.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:39 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Mixon couldn't carry Fournette's, Hunt's, Kamara's, or Cook's jock strap.

Fournette GASHING Pissburgh. Here's the blueprint. Gotta have a stud RB.

Little Joe ran for 48 & 34 yards against Pitt. He has a long ways to go.
Why would he want to carry another man's jock?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 03:13 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote:  

Smack you can't be this dense?
Reply/Quote
Mixon will be a great back, let’s not forget how he gashed Pittsburgh the second time they played until he got hurt. Gio should be our number 1 though
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 02:55 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Obviously, the line was terrible. That was evident the day we lost Z & Whit. Yet, the moron's in charge drafted a WR & a RB in that order. The kid may still do something, but he certainly wasn't the savior that many claimed he would be.

If I was gonna draft a RB that early, which I wouldn't have, I would have moved up 7 spots & taken Cook. If that fell through I would have taken Hunt or Kamara, both of which out played little joe. 

Mixon is yet to learn how to run angrily. He obviously gets angry really easily, when he knows that he has a clear advantage. Now if he can just grow a pair and do the same against an opponent with equal size & strength.

The fact is; he was underwhelming considering the hype that some spew in this forum.
Again!!! If I'm late for work be it flood,hurricane,snow (when I still lived up North), tornado ect.... It's on me plain and simple. I didn't get the job that I was hired to do done, plain & simple. I can't make excuses. I just gotta perform.I may loose that client and I certainly wouldn't be compensated for it.

Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, and Corey Dillon ffs ran behind inferior lines for a very long time & were all electrifying. They weren't afraid to take it to the defenders.No excuses! Do your FN job!

FWIW we didn't need to trade up for Cook he was there for us to pick, we traded back with the Vikes, they picked Cook. I liked Kamara also but it's easier to say who you would rather have. I'm tired of all the excuses year after year with this team but that line is historically bad. Hopefully it gets fixed fast so we know what we have with Mixon.
Reply/Quote
So what are you going to do "coach"? Pretend that if you're right about Mixon the rest of us should make you the king of the boards? 

Fine, you'll be the king, Mixon a terrible draft pick, a horrible human being for ever more and more importantly a bust. 
Yey for you.  Yawn   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Jacksonville utilized a TRUE FULLBACK to great effect ! Most teams don't even have one on the roster. Not a freaking H-back. I-Formation with a FULLBACK.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:38 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I agree, Holic. That said, he's still way behind hose other backs.

I'm gonna give props to bfine & Holic for not taking the bait. Clearly, I was trolling just to see how many of you were gonna home.

Most of these replies just made me laugh at some of you folks. Many did just as I expected.

Mixon has skills. No one is debating that. Ray Rice gets banned from the league for punching a woman, but most of ya'll are willing to give little joe a pass just because he's on this roster. Another player gets banned for trying to stand up to inequality!!?? Mixon & Oklahoma use the oldest trick in the book to keep his hopes of a career alive, money!!!

I expect him to play better next season, but that doesn't change the fact that the other back's mentioned all had outstanding seasons & helped lead their respective teams to the playoffs. 

Your excuses are pathetic. Not many have looked a the bigger picture. His first season under contract was a bust. Now we have to wait for season number two, in which he could very well get injured. Next thing you know he will be a fa & possibly even a Brown,Stoolers, or Raven. Bet y'all won't be rooting for hm then!

I will reiterate for the home blind. This season as a bust for MIXON!! It sure wasn't for the other rb's. I don't care who's vfault it is. If I'm late for work because of weather or anything else, I am still held accountable.

Excuse train rolling through this thread... Woo-woo!!

And you throw in a defense of Kaepernick along with your idiocy.  He was never banned for fighting inequality.  If he could play worth a damn, he'd be playing.  He also wore socks with pigs dressed as cops and a shirt with Fidel Castro on it.  Yeah, celebrating a Communist dictator who oppressed his own people is the same as fighting for inequality.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 02:06 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I could have sworn a few people in this thread were recently accused/outed as "troll profiles" belonging to a certain individual who came clean?? Hmm Hmm

It better not be the same list as the one that showed up on the old Bengals board and someone claimed I'm not real.  That was a damn lie. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:38 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Clearly, I was trolling just to see how many of you were gonna home.
[Image: cover-your-ass-you-did.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 09:33 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: It better not be the same list as the one that showed up on the old Bengals board and someone claimed I'm not real.  That was a damn lie. 
Damn..nobody is claiming to be me. I feel left out..

Nah..you have your own unique style. Some of us can tell and some wouldn't know unique if it ran up and bit them on the ass with plague infested bat teeth.. Perhaps that wasn't the best metaphor I ever came up with.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:38 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I agree, Holic. That said, he's still way behind hose other backs.

I'm gonna give props to bfine & Holic for not taking the bait. Clearly, I was trolling just to see how many of you were gonna home.

Most of these replies just made me laugh at some of you folks. Many did just as I expected.

Mixon has skills. No one is debating that. Ray Rice gets banned from the league for punching a woman, but most of ya'll are willing to give little joe a pass just because he's on this roster. Another player gets banned for trying to stand up to inequality!!?? Mixon & Oklahoma use the oldest trick in the book to keep his hopes of a career alive, money!!!

I expect him to play better next season, but that doesn't change the fact that the other back's mentioned all had outstanding seasons & helped lead their respective teams to the playoffs. 

Your excuses are pathetic. Not many have looked a the bigger picture. His first season under contract was a bust. Now we have to wait for season number two, in which he could very well get injured. Next thing you know he will be a fa & possibly even a Brown,Stoolers, or Raven. Bet y'all won't be rooting for hm then!

I will reiterate for the home blind. This season as a bust for MIXON!! It sure wasn't for the other rb's. I don't care who's vfault it is. If I'm late for work because of weather or anything else, I am still held accountable.

Excuse train rolling through this thread... Woo-woo!!

Dumbest post I have seen in a long time.

Basically hen doesn't like Mixon because of the assault from year ago, so now he says that Mixon sucks and it is impossible for the offensive line to have anything to do with a RBs production.

Basically bragging about being a troll and bragging about being to stupid to understand that ythe O-line can have a lot to do with a RBs production.

aren't there rules against trolling here?  Shouldn't something happen when a memeber brags about beinbg a troll?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 01:08 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Just having fun on the boards man, but there is some serious truth in my post. Time will tell, but season #1 for the great savior RB ( that was drafted n the second, just after drafting a bust wr in the first; when the team clearly needed olineman & linebackers) is in the books, with a big pile of steaming nothing! Much like the first round selection.

Hope to God that this upcoming draft will have someone with some common sense and football knowledge in the war room.
Having fun my ass.   You started with what seemed like a substance induced rant and when thirty different people embarrassed you on it, you started trying to change the point.  When that didn't work, then you came up with the whole trolling/just having fun excuse.

And as to serious truth, there was very little of that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Now now..you're hurting the feelings of the board king.. 

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:39 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Mixon couldn't carry Fournette's, Hunt's, Kamara's, or Cook's jock strap.

Fournette GASHING Pissburgh. Here's the blueprint. Gotta have a stud RB.

Little Joe ran for 48 & 34 yards against Pitt. He has a long ways to go.

And, although I am sure this has already been debated but...How did the offensive lines form Jax, KC, NO, or Minnesota rank compared to our dead-last suck fest?

At least Alexander is gone, and the line will definately be addressed in the offseason.  I think they will draft a tackle early, and they will go after one in Free Agency.  

Mixon, when he was finally given a real opportunity, did quite well down the stretch and he was gashing a Ravens line (which was one of the best in the league) the final game of the season.  And no one can go Burkhead on me, saying that game didn't matter to the Ratbirds.   Boyd really showed what he can do when given the opportunity that game as well.
Ditto Kroft.

Since our season started and, with the exception of a brief improvement the final two games, continued all season long as a massive suck fest on many fronts, I was somewhat happy that Mixon didn't have the kind of season that Hunt or Kamara enjoyed.  I think he will be hungry this offseason and will come in next year with a chip on his shoulder....I can only hope Ross not only does the same, but gets the opportunity that was thwarted this season.  
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 04:22 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: The point is, they are punchng Pitt in the mouth. We could/should be doing the same, but for some reason we cant.

We could have a backfield of Earl Campbell and Bo Jackson and they STILL wouldn't be punching pitt in the mouth.  We would be averaging about 2 ypc.  This line needs to go with Redmond and Westerman (either at center or guard) and Boling (either at LT or LG, if Westerman plays center) and get a draft pick for RT (if Boling able to stay at LT, which I am somewhat surprised hasn't been more of a topic after how he played the final two games).

Plus, we would need a leader on the offensive line to be the attitude that we need.  Too many pacifists on this line the way it was constructed early this year.  
Reply/Quote