Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals can set their own attendance policy....
(06-24-2020, 05:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: It seems to hit everyone differently.  I have an acquaintance in New York who was hospitalized with it.  My dad's friend's son had to take a mandatory test for it and found out he had it without ever feeling sick.

I heard with O positive blood it doesn't hit you as hard....
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 09:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I heard with O positive blood it doesn't hit you as hard....

I read that recently myself... But I once read a study that nicotine inhibited it too. I've heard many things about it. All I know is I don't want that shit.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 09:55 PM)jason Wrote: I read that recently myself... But I once read a study that nicotine inhibited it too. I've heard many things about it. All I know is I don't want that shit.

I am with yah Jase.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 08:37 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: I'm surprised that an organisation as big as the NFL would be so cavalier about the situation and not have an organisation wide policy on this. In Australia, where we have this much better under control (103 deaths) our sporting organisation have actually implemented tight biosecurity measures and actually led the country in that regard.

Yeah, not to delve too much into P&R, but this policy mimics the national "every state for themselves" policy that has clearly been a clusterfrack. NFL really needs to dictate this, or else games will become super-spreading events that will just put everything in jeopardy. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 11:50 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Yeah, not to delve too much into P&R, but this policy mimics the national "every state for themselves" policy that has clearly been a clusterfrack. NFL really needs to dictate this, or else games will become super-spreading events that will just put everything in jeopardy. 

Agree 100% mate, an organisation the size of the NFL should be setting an example for the rest of the nation and be a leader in combating this.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 07:02 PM)Earendil Wrote: Please stop bringing politics into this.  It's not the first time you've done it.

I did not say a word about politics just gave my opinion. It is nice to know I have at least one follower here tho try to keep up.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2020, 05:49 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I did not say a word about politics just gave my opinion. It is nice to know I have at least one follower here tho try to keep up.

A completely ignorant opinion but an opinion nevertheless. 
Reply/Quote
You know what they say about opinions...
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 03:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Were they hospitalized? How bad was it? I have no connection to anyone that has had it and I’m left wondering how terrible it was.

I hope (and it sounds like) they are better now thankfully. Scary stuff!

They are in their early 30's. They did not get to the point of needing hospital, but they did have a really rough 2 weeks with headaches, body aches, extreme fatigue, heavy coughing, loss of taste/smell, and some difficulty breathing. They then thought they were feeling better after that but still tested positive after 2 weeks of having it so they had to quarantine for another 2+ weeks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2020, 05:49 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I did not say a word about politics just gave my opinion. It is nice to know I have at least one follower here tho try to keep up.

This is a facinating new twist I have never heard before.  I have never heard anyone claim it was a hoax but not related to politics.

Who do you think is behind this hoax?
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 09:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I heard with O positive blood it doesn't hit you as hard....

Nice...once again the dice land in my favor despite my negative karmic index.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 09:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I heard with O positive blood it doesn't hit you as hard....

O-positive is the most common blood type  in humans 1 in 3 people have O+  O-negative is the universal donor type.  Anyone on earth can receive blood from someone with O-negative. Both my wife and I have O-negative, but that doesn't mean you get to come stab us and steal our blood.  Nervous

O-negative is the most sought after type in blood drives.. Since I also have Hep-C I cannot give blood,  but that might change because it's believed that certain people are able to self heal from Hep-C and the last time I was checked at the VA they said they couldn't detect the virus in me anymore. However, I don't trust the VA for anything anymore other than to BS people when they actually need help..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2020, 12:13 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Agree 100% mate, an organisation the size of the NFL should be setting an example for the rest of the nation and be a leader in combating this.
Agreed, they should. That would take the head idiot, who's probably drunk on every day that ends in "y" to make a difficult and wise decision.

Why do that, when you can drink you're lunch and pawn it off on the owners so you don't get blamed for anything...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 01:12 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Fill every seat it is just a hoax.

Glad to see another “sane” individual
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2020, 07:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nice...once again the dice land in my favor despite my negative karmic index.

Only the good die young.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2020, 05:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a facinating new twist I have never heard before.  I have never heard anyone claim it was a hoax but not related to politics.

Who do you think is behind this hoax?

I gave my opinion as to what it was and was accused of bringing politics into it which I did not point a finger at anyone. You are right that they do relate to each other but I did not mention any political party so he was wrong saying I brought politics into it. I just voiced my opinion about the topic at hand and said it was ok to fill the stands because corona is not more lethal then the common flu even less so.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 02:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: After seeing my best friend and his wife get COVID and go through it for 4 weeks (and also having a sister and brother in law who are nurses and deal with COVID patients), it's most certainly not a hoax.
GTFO with that BS.

The hoax is how lethal it is no more dangerous then the common flu.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2020, 05:40 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: The hoax is how lethal it is no more dangerous then the common flu.

There was an estimated 24000 - 62000 flu deaths between October and April. Covid is past 126000 already, you are listening to extremely poor advice.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 12:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-will-allow-each-team-to-dictate-their-own-attendance-capacity-per-report/

Although I think there will be a lot of interest because of Burrow, this could actually be an equalizer if stadiums are all at about 15% capacity.  Ours was never remotely close to full last year.  Maybe they allow random assignment of season ticket holders to attend in every fourth grouping?  And they get to attend two home games a year?  No out of town ticket sales :)
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2020, 05:40 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: The hoax is how lethal it is no more dangerous then the common flu.

Where are you getting your data?

From what I've seen, there have been 2,505,196 reported cases in the US with 126,798 deaths. That's a 5.0% death rate.
The death rate for the flu is typically around 0.1%.

Even if you're talking straight number of deaths, the US suffers between 10,000 to 60,000 deaths a year from the common flu. COVID-19 has already claimed more than double the top end and we are only in June with cases surging again.

So please explain how you think it's no more dangerous than the common flu?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote