Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals can't sell out a 12,000 seat stadium
12,000 tickets available for last three games. Here is the attendance

Browns....9,732
Titans......9,712
Giants....10,600

This could get Taylor fired quicker than his won/lost record.
Reply/Quote
We can only pray.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 10:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 12,000 tickets available for last three games.  Here is the attendance

Browns....9,732
Titans......9,712
Giants....10,600

It could, but the COVID excuse looms large.  

I think an out-of-control locker room (if that's really a thing) could expedite the process.

I get the feeling that the family really dreads going through the interview/hiring process again, just 2 years later.  This time, it's almost assured that most of the staff goes, too.  Most of these assistants are Zac's guys.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 10:23 PM)samhain Wrote: It could, but the COVID excuse looms large.  

I think an out-of-control locker room (if that's really a thing) could expedite the process.

I get the feeling that the family really dreads going through the interview/hiring process again, just 2 years later.  This time, it's almost assured that most of the staff goes, too.  Most of these assistants are Zac's guys.

Yes it was exhausting according to The Family.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Those first two games are on Cincinnati's crummy sports fans. They were both good games and Burrow is worth the price of admission all by himself.

Today's game? That was predictably the equivalent of a bad preseason game. Thank God someone bought my tickets.

I really pray that such a poor showing against such a weak opponent will open some eyes in the front office. With all the money they spent on defense, there's no excuse for giving up 19 points to that team.

People laughed when I told them things could get worse, but we're in the groove for a repeat of the '90s at this point. A healthy Joe Burrow was our only hope. Now I fear they will stick with Taylor because "injuries" and he'll get his other knee destroyed inside a season.

Today was so pathetic that in a perfect world we'd get an announcement tomorrow that Taylor and Anaroomba are gone. Make Darren Simmons interim head coach and let Joe Burrow pick his next coach.
Reply/Quote
Covid isn't an excuse. Black Friday was insane. People are happily ignoring the Pandemic. Cases, hospitalizations and deaths are proof. This team is just plain bad and the only reason to see them is broken.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I've said it once before, but I think some people thought it was too dark or didn't get the reference.

We need some King Ralph shit to happen if we want to see any meaningful change.

Let them eat lightning.
Reply/Quote
Im surprised 9-10k people want to watch that train wreck.
Reply/Quote
Anyone else NOT surprised?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 10:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 12,000 tickets available for last three games.  Here is the attendance

Browns....9,732
Titans......9,712
Giants....10,600

This franchise will not fire Talyor.  They just don't operate like normal organizations and demand results.

Seen this act way too many times.  MB will make the standard post season excuses, injuries, bad luck, Burrows growth under Taylor, and this year COVID.  

They'll nip off a couple of the assistant coaches and think all is well heading into next season.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

Next year we'll have the same discuss only Taylor will be finally on the block.  Problem is with another new coach coming in we will waste the first 3 years of Burrow's rookie contract.  Welcome to Cincy Joe where it's Groundhog Day every year.  Geez!
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 08:17 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Im surprised 9-10k people want to watch that train wreck.

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn’t even go for free without Burrow playing.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 04:30 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: We need some King Ralph shit to happen if we want to see any meaningful change.

We just saw the front office spend over $140 million on free agents this last off season.

Things have changed, but many still refuse to acknowledge it.

I believe the amount of money they spent on free agents will also put Taylor on a shorter leash.  The coaches the front office used to keep around too long were not wasting hundreds of millions of free agent dollars.

Some things might have changed, but I believe the Brown's still value their money.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 09:17 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: This franchise will not fire Talyor.  They just don't operate like normal organizations and demand results.

Seen this act way too many times. 

Since you know exactly what the front office is going to do how about posting a link to where you told us all they would spend $140+ on free agents last off season?
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 10:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We just saw the front office spend over $140 million on free agents this last off season.

I believe the amount of money they spent on free agents will also put Taylor on a shorter leash.  The coaches the front office used to keep around too long were not wasting hundreds of millions of free agent dollars.

Some things might have changed, but I believe the Brown's still value their money.

Have they really changed?

I"m not arguing they haven't spent money but unless I'm mistaking what 4-22-1 represents things are really no different. At least from a results standpoint. And the product on the field is virtually unwatchable without Burrow.

I used to cheer and scream at the TV when watching a game. Now I just sit there kind of staring even when it can hold my attention. Frankly I'm becoming completely disinterested in most of what this team does anymore.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 10:23 PM)samhain Wrote: It could, but the COVID excuse looms large.  

Covid virus has some states in a panic, but if you live in Cincinnati, not only no panic, most are over it and just want to live life normally. Inside restaurants are busy, people are shopping. I could not find a parking place at Kroger at 8 a.m. last Wednesday to pick up groceries.

We wear our masks (most believe they don't help much) and do our thing.

So no the virus is no excuse. 

BTW..in my email today, another deal to buy a 2 pack of tickets, this time for about 50% off. So, the seats being sold are also being sold at a huge discount and they still can't sell tickets. Looking at crowd yesterday, it appeared 30% had Giants gear. Dallas travels well, my guess in 2 weeks we see 50% Dallas fans in the seats.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Not surprised.
They are one of the worst teams in the league yet again.
And with Burrow done for the year, there's even less optimism that they might win.

As they said in Field of Dreams, if you build it (the wins), they (the fans) will come.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 10:39 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yes it was exhausting according to The Family.

And that friends, is why ownership owns the team but should hire actual football people to run the front office. Actually planning and hiring personnel meant Mike couldn’t stare lovingly at the Chevy Luminas lined up in his garage, nor could he scour weekly circulars for BOGO coupons. Pumpkin and Walmart Troy couldn’t devote time to the Swiss Alps. So tiring, but less so than being a fan of this shitshow organization.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Covid virus has some states in a panic, but if you live in Cincinnati, not only no panic, most are over it and just want to live life normally. Inside restaurants are busy, people are shopping. I could not find a parking place at Kroger at 8 a.m. last Wednesday to pick up groceries.

We wear our masks (most believe they don't help much) and do our thing.

So no the virus is no excuse. 

BTW..in my email today, another deal to buy a 2 pack of tickets, this time for about 50% off. So, the seats being sold are also being sold at a huge discount and they still can't sell tickets. Looking at crowd yesterday, it appeared 30% had Giants gear. Dallas travels well, my guess in 2 weeks we see 50% Dallas fans in the seats.

It's rather unfortunate. My good friend from HS is a ICU nurse and he's gassed. He said it's basically non stop and they have little to no help from external sources. I always go to him for a gauge on the situation since the news over plays it and politics undermines it. I have an immune disorder and Parkinson's, so I've been indoors since March. Understandably, not everyone can do this, but I won't understand ignoring science and the obvious for a meal at Bob Evans.

So, no. Long story short. This isn't a reason why the Bengals are being ignored. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 08:17 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Im surprised 9-10k people want to watch that train wreck.

The beat guys noted that there were a surprising number of Giants fans at the game. I imagine that Dallas and Pittsburgh will essentially be road games for us while I see the Baltimore game probably being only around 6,000.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 10:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We just saw the front office spend over $140 million on free agents this last off season.

Changed? Change is change, we saw the FO do their due diligence on a top CB that cheated his way onto this roster and has been injured ever since. Brown entropy physics (our half assed conditioning and doctors, mixed with ineptitude from the top) saw half of the other FA's see their way onto the injury report as well.

Things have changed, you're right. Things have changed for the worse. Marvin's above mediocracy has morphed into Zac Error's failure era. Repeat that last sentence for poetic and cogent comprehension.
Reply/Quote