Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals can't sell out a 12,000 seat stadium
(12-02-2020, 03:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The mere fact that they spent only 7% of that free agent money on the o-line says it all...especially after drafting a QB 1OA. How do you not do everything in your power, especially with that amount of money being at your disposal, to assemble the best possible line you can in order to protect your investment at QB. 

I think you should've added a mic drop at the end there buddy...
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 03:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The mere fact that they spent only 7% of that free agent money on the o-line says it all...especially after drafting a QB 1OA. How do you not do everything in your power, especially with that amount of money being at your disposal, to assemble the best possible line you can in order to protect your investment at QB. 

Exactly. Just look at Cleveland. They went out and spent big money on an OT and brought in a better OL coach, because they knew their running game is the strength of their team.

Going forward the top priority for us should be putting Burrow in the best position to succeed. Be it his protection, pass catchers, etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I checked the price of the tickets when I heard they were on sale. Way over priced for me. It will definitely be a while before I go to a game in person at these prices. Besides, I enjoy watching the games in my recliner at home. Part of the experience of going to a game is the crowd which is slim pickings these days.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 01:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: My point is, don't go out of your way to argue semantics with someone when it's clear what they meant.  This happens all the time around here.

When a team replaces 40% of the starters on their O-line it is wrong to say they did "nothing".

It is not "semantics".  It is actually an entirely different language where words have entirely different meanings.

I don 't speak "Drama Queen", and if you are going to make comments here it should be in English.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 06:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When a team replaces 40% of the starters on their O-line it is wrong to say they did "nothing".

It is not "semantics".  It is actually an entirely different language where words have entirely different meanings.

I don 't speak "Drama Queen", and if you are going to make comments here it should be in English.

1.) Jonah Williams was already here, they didn't just go out and get him. 

2.) In comes XSF (3 mil dollar bum) out goes John Miller (4 mil dollar bum) = Wash

They replaced one cheap G with another cheap G.  They drafted a 6th round OT.  That's literally all they did in the offseason.  

They basically decided that Jonah Williams returning would fix all of the problems.  And again, he was here already here. Getting healthy doesn't the Bengals went out and did something in the 2020 offseason to fix their OL.

You argue so many things at the literal level only because you like to argue.  In the real world, if you turn to a buddy, or a friend, or whoever, and say "The Bengals didn't do shit to fix their offensive line this season" you're not going to get a snarky reply referecing the bs you do.

Why?  Because they're normal human beings, who understand figures of speech.  Did the Bengals technically make some changes at the OL?  Yeah.  Did the Bengals go out and really try to fix their OL problems?  No, they rolled the dice on what they had in house, and added two turds in XSF and the Adenji.

Why am I even bothering replying to this crap?  I really need to quit taking the bait.
Reply/Quote

CB2 and NT are more important than OL, didn't you know?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 09:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes it is.  That was my point.

WTF does this mean?

Change was for the worse, and we saw FO fail to see a dude's titty meat was falling off. Trae lied, his agent lied and the FO was too stupid to spot an injury. Typical Bungle shit from the FO.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 10:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 12,000 tickets available for last three games. Here is the attendance

Browns....9,732
Titans......9,712
Giants....10,600

This could get Taylor fired quicker than his won/lost record.

It was a maximium of 12,000 available.

That doesn't necessarily equate to 12,000 available as it depends upon the size of groups buying tickets. If you have families of 4 sitting together there is less social distancing required than if you have 4 individuals each buying tickets and being seated apart.

(12-02-2020, 11:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was talking about Prince, not Spain. Prince opted out after he was claimed. It's just another case of leaving things out that don't fit the narrative.

Wasn't Calhoun the one claimed on waivers?
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 10:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 12,000 tickets available for last three games.  Here is the attendance

Browns....9,732
Titans......9,712
Giants....10,600

This could get Taylor fired quicker than his won/lost record.

That is pathetic

Formerly QueenCitySouth 1799 posts
Reply/Quote