Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals casting a wide net to fill Oline position
(01-10-2018, 06:52 AM)Takedown Wrote: Ray if he were still around would be my choice. R.I.P.. He could do a better job than PA.....................
[Image: rcharles.jpg]

Go Stevie then.
[Image: vegnews.steviewonder.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Go Stevie then.
[Image: vegnews.steviewonder.gif]

Remember when Stevie said anyone that cannot see global warming is real is blind lol
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 09:29 PM)bengals73 Wrote: What up?

[Image: 6065273187_9df6ec97e1_b.jpg]

Such a bad look...Poor guy.  He's actually a very nice man.  I met him at a hotel in Akron after the Bengals played in Cleveland.  No idea why he was in Akron, but we talked over breakfast and he was a huge fan of Taylor Mays, who had just joined the team.  Shows that maybe he falls in love with athletes and not football players.  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 10:14 PM)Steve Wrote: i'm fine w/ the changes
BUT......
I don't blame the past 2 years of not running the ball well so much on any coaches....
I blame it more on our weak O-line....Bodine's been weak from jump street....
then drafting Ced & Fisher & losing Whit & Zeitler.....
no coach could of fixed the line at that point....no matter what you call we'd get pushed back....
the offense can't win like that....

the coaches are just the scape goats....

I don't know...With Redmond and Westerman getting their first shots and Boling playing LT, the line started to do more drive and less slide blocking in the run game and they had two consecutive 100 yard rushers.  

I think a lot of it was the scheme.  And the stupid coaches not playing the more talented players.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:01 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: If this is true then the fans were right and Paul Alexander has been screwing this franchise for years. Hell, I did not want Marvin Lewis back and I was pissed about it, but after hearing this its obvious that Brown forced him to keep Paul.

I really hope now that Marvin picks someone who will help us win because if Lazor can change the line scheme and have our running backs playing at an above average level after 2 games imagine what a real offensive line coach could do in a whole offseason. 

Maybe this doesnt have to be a complete rebuild job.

As part of a halftime show this year , Mike Brown should let season ticket holders give old PA a soap party on the 50 yard line ala Pyle in full metal jacket.

Hell, I'd buy tickets for that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 09:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: And I like it..

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/9/16871266/bengals-utah-o-line-coach-jim-harding-david-lippincott-raiders?utm_campaign=cincyjungle&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Glad to see they are looking at college oline coaches. There are some good ones out there.

I like Harding from the standpoint of what he has done with his talent.  The Broncos (at least in the past) got the more athletic linemen and did a lot of zone blocking schemes with pulling guards.  I don't think  that would be our strength.  That might have changed recently, though, as far as Denver goes.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't know...With Redmond and Westerman getting their first shots and Boling playing LT, the line started to do more drive and less slide blocking in the run game and they had two consecutive 100 yard rushers.  

I think a lot of it was the scheme.  And the stupid coaches not playing the more talented players.  

I like Steve but i don't know how anyone couldn't put most all of the blame on PA. He is the one who hand picked
those players, he is the guy that ran that zone blocking scheme, he is the guy that tried to put square pegs in a
round hole when he picked players like Bodine who don't fit this scheme and couldn't coach his players up.

And Lazor is the one who finally changed from this scheme and we saw a bit of improvement.

I put the not starting the more talented players on both Marv and PA, has happened a lot here over the years.

Hopefully Lazor and the new O-line coach have better eye for talent and are allowed to start said players.

(01-10-2018, 02:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like Harding from the standpoint of what he has done with his talent.  The Broncos (at least in the past) got the more athletic linemen and did a lot of zone blocking schemes with pulling guards.  I don't think  that would be our strength.  That might have changed recently, though, as far as Denver goes.

Aggressive directional blocking is clearly what Lazor likes to run and Harding definately fits this better than the Broncos OLC.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 10:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: Bullshit.  Alexander lobbied for, and got, the three biggest failures on the team.  One of them singlehandedly deep sixed two consecutive seasons.  Then, when he got who he wanted, he couldn't even coach them up to a mediocre level of play.  He was THE biggest turd on this staff, and at least 80% of the woes of this current roster are squarely on him.  That's why he was FINALLY fired after 24 years.

whatever.....
i'm not going to argue w/ you....
the past is gone...
i'm not going to beat up yesterdays news....  Dead Horse

it's 2018.....as a team we've moved on....
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 05:29 PM)Steve Wrote: whatever.....
i'm not going to argue w/ you....
the past is gone...
i'm not going to beat up yesterdays news....  Dead Horse

it's 2018.....as a team we've moved on....

And thank God. You just watch how much better our O-line gets under Frank Pollack man.

Huge addition after some great subtraction...
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 07:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And thank God. You just watch how much better our O-line gets under Frank Pollack man.

I will never thank any invisible gods for anything....
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 11:48 AM)Steve Wrote: I will never thank any invisible gods for anything....

I'm not religious on any level past something from somewhere created everything and whatever that thing is is "God" to me, but I've always found irony in atheists who spend much time thinking about and arguing over something they say doesn't even exist.

Oh, and, also people who take common expressions literally and use it as a platform to voice their off topic, insecure opinions are F'ing morons and beneath me.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 07:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And thank God. You just watch how much better our O-line gets under Frank Pollack man.

+Rep
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 12:04 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I'm not religious on any level past something from somewhere created everything and whatever that thing is is "God" to me, but I've always found irony in atheists who spend much time thinking about and arguing over something they say doesn't even exist.

Oh, and, also people who take common expressions literally and use it as a platform to voice their off topic, insecure opinions are F'ing morons and beneath me.

whatever...
I will push back when ppl push lies as truths...
if you need a fake god you're the one who's insecure...
you are the F-ing moron ..... Smack
put that in your pipe and smoke it...
Reply/Quote