Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals claim C Lamont Gaillard.
2019 Caridnals 6th round pick out of Georgia.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Center Lamont Gaillard is a 25-year-old out of Georgia. He played for the Cardinals last season starting 2 games. He was waived yesterday and claimed by the Bengals.

With Trey Hopkins likely a no-go for camp and even the first part of the season, center depth was a need.

edit...no other thread existed when I started typing

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He's either a camp body only, a potential PS guy, or at best the last OL on the depth chart who would be inactive on gamedays. I don't see him sticking in a wide zone blocking scheme, as he's not very mobile.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 06:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He's either a camp body only, a potential PS guy, or at best the last OL on the depth chart who would be inactive on gamedays. I don't see him sticking in a wide zone blocking scheme, as he's not very mobile.

Deep depth that is true but with injuries you never know. I'm hoping Trey Hill gets alot of camp and pre-season snaps with Hopkins recovering.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 06:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He's either a camp body only, a potential PS guy, or at best the last OL on the depth chart who would be inactive on gamedays. I don't see him sticking in a wide zone blocking scheme, as he's not very mobile.

Or he's the next Bobby Hart.

Could be the end for Price.

Reply/Quote
216 snaps at center — no sacks, 6 pressures.

It sounds good at face value, but I have no idea how that compares to other centers. I don’t think they typically get credited with giving up sacks due to where they play.
Reply/Quote
Super Bowl !

Just kidding I'm up for bringing any lineman in to camp.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 06:18 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Or he's the next Bobby Hart.

Could be the end for Price.

Doubt it. They'd have $1.65m in dead cap space if they cut Billy Price. I think he's pretty much locked in for this year since nearly half of his cap hit in 2021 is guaranteed.

Likely just an extra body and insurance if Price or Hill get injured between now and Week 1 and Hopkins isn't ready to go.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
So the odds of the center for the Bengals being a 6th rounder from UGA should be high?
Reply/Quote
More than anything, it is starting to seem like maybe Trey Hopkins isn't such a lock to make a speedy and full return to the lineup.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 09:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: More than anything, it is starting to seem like maybe Trey Hopkins isn't such a lock to make a speedy and full return to the lineup.

Eh he’s overrated anyways. He’s like your below average girl who hangs out with a bunch of uggos.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 05:59 PM)Synric Wrote: 2019 Caridnals 6th round pick out of Georgia.

God help Joe Burrow...
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 10:02 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Eh he’s overrated anyways. He’s like your below average girl who hangs out with a bunch of uggos.

Yeah, that's the problem.  Hopkins isn't really that good, on his own merit, yet the Bengals are dumpster diving for Center depth?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 10:02 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Eh he’s overrated anyways. He’s like your below average girl who hangs out with a bunch of uggos.

(07-22-2021, 10:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, that's the problem.  Hopkins isn't really that good, on his own merit, yet the Bengals are dumpster diving for Center depth?

I don't really understand why Trey get's knocked around here. His passpro is top 10 in keeping the QB clean. His run blocking is another story...but give me the guy that can keep the QB upright and put some better quality around him and he's definitely not a guy you can call a problem. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 10:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't really understand why Trey get's knocked around here. His passpro is top 10 in keeping the QB clean. His run blocking is another story...but give me the guy that can keep the QB upright and put some better quality around him and he's definitely not a guy you can call a problem. 

The pivot depends alot on the two guys next to him. 

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 10:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: God help Joe Burrow...

Yes,,because we know this guy is going to start.

Either that or he's a camp body to take snaps while Hopkins rehabs
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Super Bowl baby! Woot woot! (Couldn’t resist)
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 05:59 PM)Synric Wrote: 2019 Caridnals 6th round pick out of Georgia.

I can't help it.  Forever, whenever I see the name Lamont, I hear Fred Sanford's voice:  "Lamont!  You big dummy!"
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 09:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: More than anything, it is starting to seem like maybe Trey Hopkins isn't such a lock to make a speedy and full return to the lineup.

You're telling me you think a Bengals player won't come back from injury as quickly as Bengals Medical/FO says? Has that ever happened before? I'm appalled at your lack of faith Sunset, appalled!   Ninja Hilarious

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Camp body. Hoping Trey Hill plays a lot of snaps in camp, I think he could surprise even as a rookie if forced to play.
Reply/Quote