Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals claim CB Tony Brown
Reply/Quote
Glad to see we’re working to improve the secondary
Reply/Quote
being number 1 in the waiver line is going to be huge as they work on the roster

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 06:19 PM)pally Wrote: being number 1 in the waiver line is going to be huge as they work on the roster

No doubt. They get first dibs all the way through September.
Reply/Quote
His draft profile

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tony-brown?id=32194252-4f73-8696-2b38-ef589a4676c8

This bit caught my eye

"his ability to support the run could lead teams to beef him up and try him at a hybrid linebacker role in sub-packages"
Reply/Quote
Reading through Packer fans reactions to his release, it's very mixed. Some seem to love him and think he has big upside and is a great locker room guy. Others talk about him making bonehead mistakes and not being able to stay healthy this year, which caused him to be in Pettine's doghouse.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 06:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: No doubt. They get first dibs all the way through September.

Should be a key retooling process.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 06:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Reading through Packer fans reactions to his release, it's very mixed. Some seem to love him and think he has big upside and is a great locker room guy. Others talk about him making bonehead mistakes and not being able to stay healthy this year, which caused him to be in Pettine's doghouse.

That's good to hear. I'd rather it be that way than how it is on our board when a guy like Bodine leaves.

TAKE HIM!!! LET'S HOLD A PARADE!!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 06:17 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Glad to see we’re working to improve the secondary

WhoDey2  Right? That's the 2nd corner that's been picked up today. Something tells me Dre K has played his last game in stripes... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 06:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Reading through Packer fans reactions to his release, it's very mixed. Some seem to love him and think he has big upside and is a great locker room guy. Others talk about him making bonehead mistakes and not being able to stay healthy this year, which caused him to be in Pettine's doghouse.

By all means only go by fan gut reactions to every player.. By such a standard we can determine immediately if the player is the GOAT or trash with no wiggle room whatsoever..  Mellow Has there ever been any single fan reaction that has ever been wrong at any level?   OK, I was wrong once, but I'm the lone exception to the rule and I wasn't fishing that day either so I have an excuse. 
Here's my excuse note even: 
Dear Bengals fans,
Please excuse me. I wasn't fishing that day..
Yours truly, Me.

See how easy that was? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 06:40 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: His draft profile

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tony-brown?id=32194252-4f73-8696-2b38-ef589a4676c8

This bit caught my eye

"his ability to support the run could lead teams to beef him up and try him at a hybrid linebacker role in sub-packages"

As we know this is becoming more popular, place him in this role and see how he does

he has a whole off season to beef up
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote

So basically it's Bengals fans' view on John Ross?  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 02:15 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2  Right? That's the 2nd corner that's been picked up today. Something tells me Dre K has played his last game in stripes... 

dennard is a free agent.   Dre K could be a contract they try and offload... but smart to make sure you got players first.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 06:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: No doubt. They get first dibs all the way through September.

That's like getting NFL-EBT.  Ninja 

Rock On
Reply/Quote
I see nothing wrong with it. Grab as many as you can, take an advantage of the situation.
If we improve great if not, release them again. No big deal, but better they are being proactive than just doing nothing.
Reply/Quote
One good thing (though it means nothing now), is that he went to Alabama, thus he at least came from competency and a winning atmosphere (in GB too).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 10:49 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: dennard is a free agent.   Dre K could be a contract they try and offload... but smart to make sure you got players first.
Just saw on the 2020 Free agent list we have 4 CB FA's  explains some things.
Reply/Quote
Not bad if he is the #5 or #6 CB. Sounds like a good replacement for Philips special teams snaps since he should be starting
Reply/Quote
Could they move him to safety? Even with Rose, I think the Bengals need to extend Dennard and maybe cut ties with Kirkpatrick. They will still need to draft another CB.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

Pettine has a doghouse too?

Reply/Quote