Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals claim DT on waivers
(12-21-2023, 02:35 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: It's also possible they don't.  Remember this is the same coaching staff that kept Tanner Hudson on the practice squad for a lot of the season when many of us had the opinion Hudson should be on the 53 man roster because he was the best receiving TE we had.  It wasnt until week 9 of the season against Buffalo did the coaching staff wise up and get Hudson on the 53 man roster so lets not pretend the coaching staff is infallible with their personnel decisions.

Or.... or.... or... maybe since Hudson has not been able to stick on a roster anywhere in the NFL prior to this season, it is that Pre-Season and 9 weeks of regular tutelage under James Casey that has him playing as well as he is now. Because he sure hasn't shown it in the 3 years prior to this.
Reply/Quote
Billings had some great college tape and has made himself a career far more worthy then any mocking would insinuate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 09:51 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I love this statement for every reason imaginable. I loved the Billings hype threads around and after the draft. Hilarious to look back on.

BILLINGS!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 04:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Billings had some great college tape and has made himself a career far more worthy then any mocking would insinuate.

He also made imho 2 rosters based solely off potential

With all that said I’d a taken him in a second

All we need is a guy to take on double team blocks and not get pushed back

They don’t even gotta make the play themselves
-Housh
Reply/Quote
The Chargers just cut team captain and starter DT Sebastian Joseph-Day

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 09:05 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont understand claiming Bell off waivers.  He was a late round pick that couldnt make the Bears 53 man roster.  The Falcons plucked him, got a look at what he could do then they release him.   Bell is also smaller than Reader   DJ Reader is 6' 3" 327 pounds so obviously a bigger presence in the middle.  Domenique Davis is actually closer to Reader's size being 6' 3" 326 and Davis has been practicing in Lou's defensive scheme where Bell is coming from another team yet Bell will be on the 53 man roster since he was claimed.  I just dont know about this addition.  With all the available options out there with this team trying to make the playoffs and trying to replace Reader, the Bengals organization sign Travis Bell to the 53 man roster?

Davis was called up today. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 03:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Davis was called up today. Mellow

Long term Bell may turn out to be better but for the next couple of weeks I think bringing Davis up is a good idea.  He has been playing in Lou's defense so you would think that may be a better call than to put someone out there you just brought in.
Reply/Quote