Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals claim G Fred Johnson, Wynn to IR
G Fred Johnson waived by Pittsburgh has been claimed by the Bengals. He's 6'7" 326 lbs out of Florida . He was a UDFA. He was expected to be resigned by the Steelers but alas. He also has tackle experience in college

No corresponding roster move was announced yet but somehow I have a gut feeling that we finally might see Cordy Glenn head to IR.

We should also see a move this week if they choose to activate Dennard off of PUP.

DE Kerry Wynn sent to IR with concussion

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I don't see how any player who suffered a concussion so bad it kept him out 7 weeks could return that season.

Or ever.
Reply/Quote
Welcome Fred!!!
Reply/Quote
Glenn should just retire. I know concussions are nothing to mess with, but 8 weeks it way too long. I don’t know anything about this dude, but he can’t be any worse than what we have already
Reply/Quote
Got a good idea who goes on IR to make room for Dennard
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 05:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Got a good idea who goes on IR to make room for Dennard

Probably Trey Hopkins.

He is due to get struck by lightening or swallowed by a sink hole or something like that.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 05:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Got a good idea who goes on IR to make room for Dennard

(10-14-2019, 05:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Probably Trey Hopkins.

He is due to get struck by lightening or swallowed by a sink hole or something like that.

I’m guessing Dre...

Reply/Quote
Great, that is all we need is another Fred... Ninja

Is this guy any good?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 05:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m guessing Dre...

I actually agree.

Dre needs to be cut, but IR would work.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 05:42 PM)pally Wrote: He's 6'7" 326 lbs 

That is a big Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 05:42 PM)pally Wrote: G Fred Johnson waived by Pittsburgh has been claimed by the Bengals.  He's 6'7" 326 lbs out of Florida State.  He was a UDFA.  He was expected to be resigned by the Steelers but alas.  He also has tackle experience in college

No corresponding roster move was announced yet but somehow I have a gut feeling that we finally might see Cordy Glenn head to IR.

We should also see a move this week if they choose to activate Dennard off of PUP.

Rep strictly for not adding the stupid and extremely tired "joke" of "SUPER BOWL BOUND!" in your post of signing a street FA.

Thank you.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Well a concussed player did get sent to IR but it was DE Kerry Wynne

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 06:08 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m a FSU fan and I’ve never heard of this guy. Not to mention their o-line has been as bad as ours for the last three seasons.

Maybe it's because he was a Gator

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 06:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe it's because he was a Gator

Thanks. Misread that.

Scouting profile:
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/fred-johnson?id=32194a4f-4800-0022-b0fb-2114f6546f71
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 06:23 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Thanks. Misread that.

Nah, OP got it wrong. Looks like he's updated it. It was just I vaguely remembered the name and FSU didn't seem right. 

Reply/Quote
Best info that I could find in his draft/scouting profile

Quote:"He started football late and I don't know if he really loves football to be honest, but he's been getting better and he works at it. Some teams won't touch really tall guards, but I think that's all relative to how tall your quarterback is." - AFC Pro personnel director

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 05:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is a big Johnson.

Did somebody say Johnson?

[Image: default.jpg]

Is signing Fred Johnson the start of a return to the golden age of Bengals Johnsons ('07-'09)?

Chad
Tank
Brandon
Michael
Jeremi
Larry
Rudi
Landon
James

(I think I just cracked Marvin's scouting method.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
6'7" Interior olineman. Maybe it will help with Andy's batted balls. Get it over this dude's head.

Reply/Quote
Man, Wynn must have been concussed pretty bad too to go to IR.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 05:42 PM)pally Wrote: G Fred Johnson waived by Pittsburgh has been claimed by the Bengals.  He's 6'7" 326 lbs out of Florida .  He was a UDFA.  He was expected to be resigned by the Steelers but alas.  He also has tackle experience in college

DE Kerry Wynn sent to IR with concussion

I guess this is evidence that at least one person is awake in the front office. No guarantee that two of them are awake though.

Reply/Quote