Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals claim G Fred Johnson, Wynn to IR
He came a long way at UF but never looked like a pro-level player.

Slow feet, questionable technique.

He’s a depth piece.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 07:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man, Wynn must have been concussed pretty bad too to go to IR.

When he recovers, I'm guessing he will get released with an injury settlement.

Should have kept Jordan Willis instead of that guy.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 06:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Did somebody say Johnson?

[Image: default.jpg]

Is signing Fred Johnson the start of a return to the golden age of Bengals Johnsons ('07-'09)?

Chad
Tank
Brandon
Michael
Jeremi
Larry
Rudi
Landon
James

(I think I just cracked Marvin's scouting method.)

I still have the 3 Johnson's and a Big Willie T shirt from 06 or whatever.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 08:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: When he recovers, I'm guessing he will get released with an injury settlement.

Should have kept Jordan Willis instead of that guy.

Or maybe...dare I say maybe...we signed an actual free agent that didn't have a tie to any of our coaches who was actually a quality player?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 09:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Or maybe...dare I say maybe...we signed an actual free agent that didn't have a tie to any of our coaches who was actually a quality player?

????

He was with Lou in NY last season.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:08 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: ????

He was with Lou in NY last season.

Yeah that's my point. We signed a bunch of scrub free agents just because our coaches knew these guys.

We should have signed actual quality free agents.
Reply/Quote
Seems like this guy might have atleast some potential:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah that's my point. We signed a bunch of scrub free agents just because our coaches knew these guys.

We should have signed actual quality free agents.

What !  We added Wynn and B.W. Webb to the worse defense in the league that wasn't enough ? Thought it would make a huge difference  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
I'll just drop this right here :

https://youtu.be/kkwiQmGWK4c
Reply/Quote
Should he become a starter I imagine that would only mean more tipped passes for Dalton given how tall he is.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 09:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I still have the 3 Johnson's and a Big Willie T shirt from 06 or whatever.

Classic, I tried to find that image but I ended up only finding the Tank/Chad one instead. Still a lot of Johnsons then too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 05:42 PM)pally Wrote: G Fred Johnson waived by Pittsburgh has been claimed by the Bengals.  He's 6'7" 326 lbs out of Florida .  He was a UDFA.  He was expected to be resigned by the Steelers but alas.  He also has tackle experience in college

No corresponding roster move was announced yet but somehow I have a gut feeling that we finally might see Cordy Glenn head to IR.

We should also see a move this week if they choose to activate Dennard off of PUP.

DE Kerry Wynn sent to IR with concussion

Super Bowl here we come.  This is the move to put Bengals In The House. 

Mike Brown probably picked him up because he didn't have to pay to fly him in, he could go Greyhound from Pittsburgh to Cincy.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Pittsburgh fans seemed upset they had to cut him. Interesting pick up. Weird size for a guard though
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 02:32 AM)Brimey Wrote: Pittsburgh fans seemed upset they had to cut him. Interesting pick up. Weird size for a guard though

HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO

I Got A Feelin',  Bengals Goin' To The Super Bowl
I Got A Feelin', Bengals Goin' To The Super Bowl. 

Fred, Fred, He's our Man. If he can't do it, no one can.  Who Dey Tink Gonna Beat Dem Bengals. 
Fred, Fred, Little Hercules. That's our Little Hercules. Hercules, Hercules, Hercules. The Clump Family cheer.  Go Little Hercules. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Good news everybody! He is now our back-up LT...
Reply/Quote